Rich Rodriguez

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Ruski
Swell

I hope they go after Sumlin and not Norvell. This AAC season is huge with TV negotiations coming up, need our best to be their best.

MicMan
Swell

None of this surprises anyone who has covered RR.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:I hope they go after Sumlin and not Norvell. This AAC season is huge with TV negotiations coming up, need our best to be their best.
Norvell has character issues that have so far kept the P5's away.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
cajunfanatico
Swell

winwave wrote:
Ruski wrote:I hope they go after Sumlin and not Norvell. This AAC season is huge with TV negotiations coming up, need our best to be their best.
Norvell has character issues that have so far kept the P5's away.
You just gonna leave us hangin'?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

Les Miles under consideration as his replacement:
https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/ ... -rodriguez
God Bless Everyone!
Bigschtick
Riptide

He was schtuping somone other than his wife. A definite no-no especially if you get caught,just
sayin.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote:He was schtuping somone other than his wife. A definite no-no especially if you get caught,just
sayin.
Yes, his real problem might now be Mrs. Rodriquez to whom he may well be paying one-half of his contract buyout from Arizona. :x
sader24
Tsunami

His "womanizing" was well known and not well liked by some high up in the TulaneAthletic Dept when he was here. I remember hearing it back then as one of the reasons they didn't hire him. Of course who knows how accurate that was, but I do remember hearing it.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote:His "womanizing" was well known and not well liked by some high up in the TulaneAthletic Dept when he was here. I remember hearing it back then as one of the reasons they didn't hire him. Of course who knows how accurate that was, but I do remember hearing it.
Sandy Barbour had hired him before Cowen went behind her back and hired Scelfo. That was the beginning of the end of Sandy's days at Tulane, if I remember correctly.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

My son is a freshman at The U of Arizona. We’re disgusted by everything we’ve read and heard about RichRod and that the school is going to pay him $6 million as a going away present. In today’s politically correct climate RichRod is finished as a Head Coach at a major University. Maybe he can get a coordinator job at a P5 school after getting his family issues taken care of.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:He was schtuping somone other than his wife. A definite no-no especially if you get caught,just
sayin.
see what happens, when U take a job just because your wife has allergies !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:My son is a freshman at The U of Arizona. We’re disgusted by everything we’ve read and heard about RichRod and that the school is going to pay him $6 million as a going away present. In today’s politically correct climate RichRod is finished as a Head Coach at a major University. Maybe he can get a coordinator job at a P5 school after getting his family issues taken care of.

JerseyWave: My permanent residence is in Tucson for the last 14 years. If your son needs anything I can help with, let me know. The University needs its head examined giving this man 6 million. He may be finished as
a head coach but this schmuck can look forward to a very comfortable retirement even if his old lady
takes half!
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
sayin.
see what happens, when U take a job just because your wife has allergies !!!!

You should not stay with a babe that has allergies especially if she is allergic to you!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Latest news: Rodriquez did nothing about a player with a serious drug problem saying: He will be fine"
only for the player to die shortly thereafter from an overdose. As the university learns more, will they wake up and terminate for cause?
anEngineer
Riptide

Maybe this will finally stop the endless posts about not hiring Rodriguez in the previous century. It's long past time to move on from talking about that.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote:Maybe this will finally stop the endless posts about not hiring Rodriguez in the previous century. It's long past time to move on from talking about that.
You are so correct, sir. And, in that way we can devote even more time and posts to 21st Century Tanner Lee! :thumbup:
JerseyWave
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:My son is a freshman at The U of Arizona. We’re disgusted by everything we’ve read and heard about RichRod and that the school is going to pay him $6 million as a going away present. In today’s politically correct climate RichRod is finished as a Head Coach at a major University. Maybe he can get a coordinator job at a P5 school after getting his family issues taken care of.

JerseyWave: My permanent residence is in Tucson for the last 14 years. If your son needs anything I can help with, let me know. The University needs its head examined giving this man 6 million. He may be finished as
a head coach but this schmuck can look forward to a very comfortable retirement even if his old lady
takes half!
Thanks for the offer. It's getting ugly for UA athletics and RichRod. Lots of dirt getting thrown around.
Wave755
Tsunami

Speaking of getting messier, in “defense” of RichRod :confused: former AU quarterback Matt Scott now claims AU basketball coach Sean Miller paid players. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/colle ... -1.3738852

The fun may have just begun @ AU.
Wave755
Tsunami

This should prove interesting, RR to address national convention of coaches this afternoon. Yes, he serves as the group's president. And, I would presume this will be a very awkward speech indeed even if simply as a greeting. :)

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/r ... convention
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:This should prove interesting, RR to address national convention of coaches this afternoon. Yes, he serves as the group's president. And, I would presume this will be a very awkward speech indeed even if simply as a greeting. :)

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/r ... convention
this is the same group that had Briles on the agenda, who was to speak about IX compliance ...I bet that would have been one hell of a interesting speech/address...RR was to follow, with an indepth address regarding work place sexual behavior, the proper do's and don'ts
gbgreenie
Surge

This is unreal no mention of Tulane 12-0 Season where Rodriquez lst perfected the Read-Option Offense with Shaun King!!!

Rodriguez, who has a career record of 118-83, was one of the innovators in college football’s spread offense revolution. He perfected and popularized the read-option offense out of the shotgun with the Mountaineers, who won 11 games in each of Rodriguez’s final three seasons with the school. In 2007, his final year before going to Michigan, both RB Steve Slaton and QB Pat White rushed for over 1,000 yards while RB Noel Devine averaged 8.6 yards a carry.
If the hire comes to fruition, Rodriguez would be the second former head coach to join Luke’s staff this offseason. Earlier this month, the school hired ex-Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre as defensive coordinator. MacIntyre was fired by CU in November.
Ole Miss went 5-7 in 2018, Luke’s second season as head coach. The 2018 season was the program’s second with a bowl ban. The Rebels can return to postseason play in 2019.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Good for Rich Rod, maybe he becomes the Ole Miss Coach in waiting.

This thread and the one about RR interviewing with Ole Miss should be merged.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

a decsion for the ages....( FYI, there are more ad's on this site than Amaon allows)
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... e-football
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We knew his star had fallen. Despite some saying he should be the next HC here every time Fritz's agent leaks that U of Nowhere is interested, Rich Rod couldn't get a HC job anywhere. He's now the OC at UL-M. No, not even UL-L. UL-M.

https://crescentcitysports.com/rich-rod ... ordinator/

It does look interesting that Terry Bowden has RR as his OC. UL-M will beat UL-L in 3 or 4 years, if these two stay that long.