Ed Conroy

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ed Conroy hired onto the staff at Minnesota under Richard Pitino (Rick's son)

http://m.startribune.com/ed-conroy-to-b ... 392180621/

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

I hope it works out for him.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote:I hope it works out for him.
Yes. Same here.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
Yes. Same here.
me also...Ed, to my knowledge is a very good person, the best to him and his family
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Tulane needs to buy the Conroy family house and put all his neighbors on notice that they can all sell to Tulane anytime they wish.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:Tulane needs to buy the Conroy family house and put all his neighbors on notice that they can all sell to Tulane anytime they wish.
I would make them sell now...or a Horse's head ( fake of course) will be in bed with them !!!...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:Tulane needs to buy the Conroy family house and put all his neighbors on notice that they can all sell to Tulane anytime they wish.
I would make them sell now...or a Horse's head ( fake of course) will be in bed with them !!!...
Perhaps a visit from the spirit of Frank Sinatra AND the horse's head will speed things up.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Yes. Same here.
me also...Ed, to my knowledge is a very good person, the best to him and his family

As predicted six plus years ago Ed Conroy is too much of a gentleman to have associated with corrupt Cowen. He never should have come here; hopefully he will re establish himself at SKY U MA.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

a better and cheaper way to acquire property...buy Conroy's house...and then allow the Tri Lamba Faternity to move in or better the "Delta's" who are still on double secret probation....that will make some "For Sale" signs appear !!! ...if that fails, resort to the Horses Head
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Maybe he has hope of getting another job around the metro area in the near future.
Archie Manning got traded to Houston then Minnesota kept his Uptown house as well.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Maybe he has hope of getting another job around the metro area in the near future.
Archie Manning got traded to Houston then Minnesota kept his Uptown house as well.
Archie was near the end of his career and had raised his family here. He just said in a recent interview that they bought their current house to show their commitment to New Orleans and then he got traded a couple of months later.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
dpm wave
Swell

Maybe he just really like The Creamery
nawlinspete
Riptide

Watching the Golden Gophers win today it appears that Ed is much more involved in game coaching than Pitino's other assistants .

It also appears that Ed ha put on quite a bit of weight . Hard to hide with no tie and an open sport coat ....
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Is his family still living on Audubon or have they moved to Minnesota?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Best of luck to Coach Conroy at Minnesota.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

He's been at Minnesota since 2016!

He was promoted to "Associate Head Coach" and congrats to him. He was certainly a good man, and did a lot with a little. My only knock was he didn't seem to be a good in-game coach. I wonder if is house is still off the market? Has it already sold?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

Wow. Finally some good news. I’ll always remember the great tournament run EC had when Dannen was trying to fire him. Incredible stuff. Conroy needed just one more year. The Dunleavy Disaster continues to haunt the program to this day.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:13 pm Wow. Finally some good news. I’ll always remember the great tournament run EC had when Dannen was trying to fire him. Incredible stuff. Conroy needed just one more year. The Dunleavy Disaster continues to haunt the program to this day.
Dannen got ambushed by the ESPN hype machine during that conference tournament run (we won 2 games!) The "trying to fire him" during the tournament is not how it went down. Dannen had basically said 2 weeks before the end of the season that he wasn't happy with the results on the basketball court and we all knew well in advance of the conference tournament that, baring a miracle, Conroy wasn't coming back. ESPN made it sound like they were breaking a scoop. Not so.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:15 am
Show Me wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:13 pm Wow. Finally some good news. I’ll always remember the great tournament run EC had when Dannen was trying to fire him. Incredible stuff. Conroy needed just one more year. The Dunleavy Disaster continues to haunt the program to this day.
Dannen got ambushed by the ESPN hype machine during that conference tournament run (we won 2 games!) The "trying to fire him" during the tournament is not how it went down. Dannen had basically said 2 weeks before the end of the season that he wasn't happy with the results on the basketball court and we all knew well in advance of the conference tournament that, baring a miracle, Conroy wasn't coming back. ESPN made it sound like they were breaking a scoop. Not so.
My point was TD expected a one and done so he could ax EC quickly. But EC went further than any other Tulane coach since PC. Would have been something had he continued and won that tournament.
Would he had been fired had he won two more getting an NCAA bid. That was the story IMO.
However hiring Dunleavy turned out to be an even bigger blunder. He’ll go down worst ever hire in Tulane basketball history. I believe he made over $100,000 per win.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:52 pm However hiring Dunleavy turned out to be an even bigger blunder. He’ll go down worst ever hire in Tulane basketball history.
Damn...that's twice ShowMe and I have agreed!

I think we should start a goTula.net Hall of Shame. That deserves its own thread.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:13 pm
Show Me wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:52 pm However hiring Dunleavy turned out to be an even bigger blunder. He’ll go down worst ever hire in Tulane basketball history.
Damn...that's twice ShowMe and I have agreed!

I think we should start a goTula.net Hall of Shame. That deserves its own thread.
MD's hiring was an "all in the family/booster" thing
nawlinspete
Riptide

Now available to return to us and his home on Audabon Place .

Richard Pitino fired at Minnesota today .

Perhaps he will become Assistant Head Coach and bring in Dylan Ostekowski .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to Ed Conroy. New associate Head Coach at Vanderbilt!
https://vucommodores.com/mens-basketbal ... additions/
head coach Jerry Stackhouse.

“Ed and Michael are two welcomed additions to our staff as we continue to elevate the program and build on the progress we have made,” Stackhouse said. “Their combined experience at the NCAA and NBA levels as well as their extensive knowledge of the game and ability to teach are invaluable and their leadership qualities both on and off the court will be a tremendous asset to our program.”

Conroy, who brings 30 years of college coaching experience, spent the last five seasons at Minnesota and served as head coach at Tulane from 2010-16 and at his alma mater, The Citadel, for four seasons.
Ed’s new bio
https://vucommodores.com/coach/ed-conroy/
Tulane Class of 1981