2016 Hall of Fame Class

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Manzella and Losman among others:

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/news/201 ... class.aspx

Damn shame they have to go in with RD.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Manzella and Losman among others:

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/news/201 ... class.aspx

Damn shame they have to go in with RD.
Disgusting.
rollinggreen
High Tide

What a joke!!! That clown should have a statue for the hall of shame!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Detracts from the whole class and there are some very deserving members in this one. Damn shame.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

It's comical to have him in the Hall of Fame.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Utterly outrageous.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I take it he was elected by the "Electoral College" and not "Popular Vote"....I suggest an all out assualt, we will all meet at Sports Beat and proceed by armored Golf Cart to the festivities !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

The Katrina and review stuff pi$$es me off more than anything. The guy was facing either a firing or huge demotion, of course he was going to fight to save his job. Same with Cowen. It's ridiculous.

I hope some people show up and show their anger.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:The Katrina and review stuff pi$$es me off more than anything. The guy was facing either a firing or huge demotion, of course he was going to fight to save his job. Same with Cowen. It's ridiculous.

I hope some people show up and show their anger.
They keep patting themselves on the back for cleaning up the mess they themselves made. It's shameless and pathetic. And they didn't even do a good job of cleaning up their own messes.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

A very deserving congrats to the players... the other guy, don't even show up !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

Can this be seen as anything else than a public flogging? With the sharp contrast of our current AD to Rick Dickson's tenure fresh in everyone's mind, it is a beautiful slap to his face. Rick Dickson is too stupid to understand that this ceremony to "enshrine" his record (in haste), is nothing more than satire.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I would love to see some outward protest on Rick Dickson being included. I boo'd Rick Dick every time his name was mentioned when I was at Yulman and most folks around me gave me the evil eye. We should organize a protest, our own Tulane Tea Party.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote:I would love to see some outward protest on Rick Dickson being included. I boo'd Rick Dick every time his name was mentioned when I was at Yulman and most folks around me gave me the evil eye. We should organize a protest, our own Tulane Tea Party.
The sooner he's out of the door and never comes back, the better.
BTW, we'll be stuck with the "Cowen Institute" for years and years....
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I wonder if RD got a consulting fee

http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf ... river_home
glennc
Low Tide

Who is responsible for who gets into the hall of Fame
torbida
Surge

Rick Dickson should be banned from ever setting foot on campus...........The most disgusting being in Tulane athletic history
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Completely agree! RD's inclusion cheapens the Tulane athletics HOF. It would be fitting for SC to attend the ceremonies with his died green hair. I had already arranged to fly in for this game so I'll ensure that I bring the airplane airsickness bag with me for this occasion.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Rick Dickson was the second worst thing to ever happen to Tulane Athletics. (Scott Cowen takes the top spot.)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:Rick Dickson was the second worst thing to ever happen to Tulane Athletics. (Scott Cowen takes the top spot.)
Rufus Harris and few others with larger than life Ego's have to be mentioned in the same breathe..or in this case too bad they ever took a breathe in metro NOLA
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Do we know who or what entity actually has the final say as to who gets inducted? I'm not talking about nominations.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote:Do we know who or what entity actually has the final say as to who gets inducted? I'm not talking about nominations.
I was wondering the same thing. Probably the same folks that voted to name the road in front of Gibson Hall "Cowen Circle". Is it too late to complain to whomever makes the decision and get Tricky Rick removed? And while we're at it, get the Cowen Circle changed to something a bit less stomach turning?
nawlinspete
Riptide

As bad as Cow/Dick are see the true Worst Persons In The World Tulane Edition posted a few days ago in The Huddle.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JerseyWave
Riptide

Is Dr Kevin White in the Tulane Hall of Fame? By far a better contributor to Tulane Athletics than Dickson.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:Is Dr Kevin White in the Tulane Hall of Fame? By far a better contributor to Tulane Athletics than Dickson.
Absolutely. And he hired a good one that succeeded him, Sandy Barbour. Cowen ran off Sandy, and hired Dickson. Is there anyone whom knows who has the ultimate decision making authority to get into the Tulane HoF?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:Is Dr Kevin White in the Tulane Hall of Fame? By far a better contributor to Tulane Athletics than Dickson.
Absolutely. And he hired a good one that succeeded him, Sandy Barbour. Cowen ran off Sandy, and hired Dickson. Is there anyone whom knows who has the ultimate decision making authority to get into the Tulane HoF?
Many won't like this answer but it is what it is. Things have changed under TD including the HOF. In the past the committee voted on candidates that were nominated by public submissions then a certain number of votes were needed for the final selection. Once a year an email would go out to previous HOF members and a few selected others. The nominees presented were then selected and voted on by the members. It was a long standing rule that a nominee had to be separated from Tulane by at least 5 years before being eligible. TD suspended that requirement to allow for getting RD in immediately. He also changed the rules to require at least one female every year. A few longtime committee members no longer work at Tulane or in the athletic dept and so I assume they will no longer serve, I'm not sure who TD replaced them with. So currently TD has the ultimate authority.
The past HOF selections were always done on strictly merit I would hate to see it turn into a politically correct selection process. The best 5 candidates nominated need to always be inducted regardless of gender or affiliation.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981