2016 Hall of Fame Class

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ed Daniels on RD getting inducted....
http://wgno.com/2016/08/19/editorial-tu ... rved-more/
There’s no question under a new president, Michael Fitts, that spending on athletics has increased dramatically.

New AD Troy Dannen was given the dollars to hire new football coach Willie Fritz and new men’s basketball coach Mike Dunleavy.

Rick Dickson never had such a luxury.

So whether you believe he should be in the Hall of Fame or not be in the Hall of Fame, that’s your opinion.

But the Billy Slatten Award shouldn’t go to such a prominent, integral figure in athletics at Tulane.

Rick Dickson was bigger than that.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Anyone paying $100 to see Rickey D enter the Tulane Hall of Fame Friday night?

I have to organize my sock drawer and won't be able to make it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The information has been a bit confusing. I think he is getting an award but not being inducted. Neither are deserved but it would be nice to clear this up.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:The information has been a bit confusing. I think he is getting an award but not being inducted. Neither are deserved but it would be nice to clear this up.
From what I understand it's an award given to non athletes that have "advanced" Tulane Athletics. In the past it was usually awarded to mostly media or SID types. The Hall of Fame induction is generally reserved for Tulane athletic achievement. However Tulane coaches have also been inducted in the HOF over the years. The Billy Slatten Award is sort of commingled into the Hall of Fame.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:The information has been a bit confusing. I think he is getting an award but not being inducted. Neither are deserved but it would be nice to clear this up.
From what I understand it's an award given to non athletes that have "advanced" Tulane Athletics. In the past it was usually awarded to mostly media or SID types. The Hall of Fame induction is generally reserved for Tulane athletic achievement. However Tulane coaches have also been inducted in the HOF over the years. The Billy Slatten Award is sort of commingled into the Hall of Fame.
It's shameful under any circumstances.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
That's the way have taken it too.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.