Barbara Burke

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
chain gang x man
Swell

Scott Kushner reporting Barbara leaving for Iowa

OUG
Riptide

I wonder what conference connections our next hire should have?

This is an opportunity.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Maybe she can get us into the B1G? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

chain gang x man wrote:Scott Kushner reporting Barbara leaving for Iowa
I am sure Amy and thge kids will enjoy the cruise even though Troy remains behind in New Orleans, Dallas, Austin and Norman.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JerseyWave
Riptide

We knew she wouldn't stick around very long after getting passed over for AD. And that wipes out all significant hires in the Wilson Center remaining from the Cow/Dick era.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If she's leaving, I wish her the best. From all that I've read, she was a great Administrator, even working under Dickson and after she didn't get the AD job working with Troy Dannen. Best of luck Barbara, and thank you for your contribution here at Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bigschtick
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:If she's leaving, I wish her the best. From all that I've read, she was a great Administrator, even working under Dickson and after she didn't get the AD job working with Troy Dannen. Best of luck Barbara, and thank you for your contribution here at Tulane.

I second that!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:If she's leaving, I wish her the best. From all that I've read, she was a great Administrator, even working under Dickson and after she didn't get the AD job working with Troy Dannen. Best of luck Barbara, and thank you for your contribution here at Tulane.
Yes. And let's just say that the Cannizaro family could learn something from Ms Burke about how to handle the disappointment of being passed over for a job.
JerseyWave
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Yes. And let's just say that the Cannizaro family could learn something from Ms Burke about how to handle the disappointment of being passed over for a job.
+1

She was without a doubt a much needed professional in The Wilson Center and helped guide the Athletic Department through a transitional period. Who knows, another opportunity may come available at Tulane in a couple of years which is why you don't burn bridges.
DrBox
Riptide

OUG wrote:I wonder what conference connections our next hire should have?

This is an opportunity.
Apparently, the Southland Conference.

This one's a head-scratcher. http://sportsnola.com/sources-outgoing- ... ane-staff/
RobertM320
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:

This is an opportunity.

This one's a head-scratcher. http://sportsnola.com/sources-outgoing- ... ane-staff/
The guy did spent 10 years as an assistant commissioner for the SunBelt Conference, so he would know the ins and outs of a conference and be familiar with the administrative side of things. A former AD as well, so he has experience just like Barbara had. How much higher on the pecking order is Eastern Illinois than Nicholls State?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
DrBox wrote:

This is an opportunity.

The guy did spent 10 years as an assistant commissioner for the SunBelt Conference, so he would know the ins and outs of a conference and be familiar with the administrative side of things. A former AD as well, so he has experience just like Barbara had. How much higher on the pecking order is Eastern Illinois than Nicholls State?
+1
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:
DrBox wrote:

This is an opportunity.

Higher.
And E Illinois at least had a good football team. Nichols is good in nothing, ever. Now I know that they have no money. Still.....
alumniwave
Low Tide

This is not the replacement for Burke.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote: And E Illinois at least had a good football team. Nichols is good in nothing, ever. Now I know that they have no money. Still.....
I didn't know Eastern Illinois played football. Northern Illinois was very good a year or two ago.
ajcalhoun
Swell

DfromCT wrote: I didn't know Eastern Illinois played football.
Sean Payton and Tony Romo both took snaps there. So did the guy who'll open the season at QB for the New England Patriots.
God Bless Everyone!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Another promotion for Barbara Burke at Iowa.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/locat ... d-20170418
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

She's very good. If Dannen were to leave in say four or five years, I wouldn't be disappointed if she were the next AD.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Another promotion for Barbara Burke at Iowa.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/locat ... d-20170418
Greg Davis, using his influence, and pulling the strings !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
dpm wave
Swell

http://twitter.com/raward/status/948300053898256385 http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports ... 970197001/
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Too bad the author of that article thinks there's only 65 "major college athletics" departments in the country. P5 bias kicks in again!