Coach Pierce and Allen to Texas

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Wave755
Tsunami

The Burnt Orange article of June 24th placed the then "new pecking order” for the UT job as follows:

1. Omaha coaches -- Josh Holliday, Okla. St and Tim Tadlock, Texas Tech

2. Dan Heefner, Dallas Baptist

3. David Pierce, Tulane

4. Todd Whitting, Houston

Okla. St. and Texas Tech have now been eliminated from the CWS so hopefully this thing ends for everyone in the next day or two. Long past time for all involved to “shit or get off of the pot.”

And yes, Pierce wants the job even if he is UT’s 12th choice.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:The Burnt Orange article of June 24th placed the then "new pecking order” for the UT job as follows:

3. David Pierce, Tulane

Okla. St. and Texas Tech have now been eliminated from the CWS so hopefully this thing ends for everyone in the next day or two. Long past time for all involved to “sh*t or get off of the pot.”

I will be very surprised if Holliday comes to Austin....they may have a shot at Tadlock...but at present they both have better Management to work with from the Prez thru the AD's office....UT@Austin is a management joke...The Red McCombs school of Biz needs to show future Biz leaders on "how NOT to manage" a complete "Live" seminar is happening right on campus...no need to fly to North Korea !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Fat Harry
Low Tide

Pierce is a gone pecan if he is offered. Period.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:The Burnt Orange article of June 24th placed the then "new pecking order” for the UT job as follows:

3. David Pierce, Tulane

Okla. St. and Texas Tech have now been eliminated from the CWS so hopefully this thing ends for everyone in the next day or two. Long past time for all involved to “sh*t or get off of the pot.”

OSU coach turned them down already.
http://www.burntorangenation.com/baseba ... an-Heefner
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The latest update 15 mins ago has Pierce right up there actually listed first:
http://www.burntorangenation.com/baseba ... an-Heefner
Here's a look at the candidates left for Texas:

David Pierce, Tulane

Status: Former dark horse for job, now one of the favorites for job.

The Green Wave don't make for splash hires, but David Pierce is a great fit for the Longhorns, even if he isn't the biggest fish in the coaching candidate sea.

The accolades:

-Has been a division one head coach for five years and has never missed an NCAA tournament.

-Has been both a pitching and hitting coach and excelled at both.

-Coached under the legendary Wayne Graham at Rice and has plenty of ties to the state of Texas.

-His Tulane team hit 66 home runs last year.

Negatives:

- $1 million dollar buyout from Tulane could be taken into consideration.

- Has never made a Super Regional, hasn't shown his teams can take the step to become elite.

- His teams generally have poor batting averages (.246 in conference play in 2016).
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Oklahoma State's Josh Holliday will not be the new UT baseball coach. http://www.burntorangenation.com/baseba ... an-Heefner And, Jack Keyes of Burnt Orange Nation further writes:

One reason Perrin has perhaps not pulled the trigger on someone like David Pierce is because he's waiting to interview Jay Johnson, who is the coach of likely champion Arizona. Johnson's contract is currently only for $160,000, but a hefty extension offer will surely be on the way. Texas could likely make Johnson an offer higher than Arizona can, but the question will be whether the 39-year old wants to leave his "dream job" after only one season of being the coach.

So, it would now appear this mess goes on until there is a winner for the CWS. Arizona’s Jay Johnson would receive a tremendous pay raise, but what will Arizona do for pay and increase in resources to keep him and does he really want the UT job?
Last edited by Wave755 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Fat Harry wrote:Pierce is a gone pecan if he is offered. Period.
+1000. At this point, Pierce probably has at least a 1/3 shot of getting the job - Heefner, Pierce, and Johnson. Tadlock's noncompete clause likely will remove him from consideration.
Wave755
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
+1000. At this point, Pierce probably has at least a 1/3 shot of getting the job - Heefner, Pierce, and Johnson. Tadlock's noncompete clause likely will remove him from consideration.
Pierce will say yes even if ultimately UT's 14th choice for the job.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Pierce will say yes even if ultimately UT's 14th choice for the job.
I agree....if the offer is made, he is gone...and really, I am not that worried about getting a Coach that can be successful...DP..."see ya"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Losing Allen is huge. I'd equate it with Jones losing Kingston. We may lose some recruits over this. At this point we may be better off to lose Pierce now rather than next year. I'm sure his name will pop up each and every P5 coaching search.
dpm wave
Swell

Non-compete clauses can be fought successfully in court.
I doubt Tadlock wants to go through the hassle.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Come on Pierce, just take the GD Texas job and stop screwing with the Wave...if you want to go, please go and let us do what we need to!
Profoundwizard
Swell

Show Me wrote:Losing Allen is huge. I'd equate it with Jones losing Kingston. We may lose some recruits over this. At this point we may be better off to lose Pierce now rather than next year. I'm sure his name will pop up each and every P5 coaching search.
Meh, Allen is no Kingston. This whole team is still pretty much all Gautreau recruits at this point. We could lose some recruits though I do believe that some are already on campus
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

dpm wave wrote:Non-compete clauses can be fought successfully in court.
I doubt Tadlock wants to go through the hassle.
Even tho Texas is a right to work state, UT@ Austin now has strike 10

http://www.hookem.com/2016/06/28/texas- ... m-tadlock/
Profoundwizard
Swell

DaveBrownStreak wrote:Come on Pierce, just take the GD Texas job and stop screwing with the Wave...if you want to go, please go and let us do what we need to!
They have to actually offer him the job before he can take it
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

memo to UT@Austin... Augie is still on campus !!!!...C'mon, man up and admit ya made a mistake...Augie promises not to drink too heavily before booster functions and will always call UBER for a ride !!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DaveBrownStreak wrote:Come on Pierce, just take the GD Texas job and stop screwing with the Wave...if you want to go, please go and let us do what we need to!
The job hasn't been offered to him, so how is he screwing the Wave? C'MON MAN GET REAL.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

CWS Final: Coastal Carolina 5, Arizona 4. So, everything concerning the whole Texas coach hiring drama is now pushed back a day.
Last edited by Wave755 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
Riptide

Did he make firm verbal and contractual commitments to Rick Dickson to rebuild our program like Rick Dickson did for over two decades. Is he using Tulane as its usual stepping stone to a higher conference after giving his word to build our program. How do our players,fans,recruits signed and ones not signed feel about his non commitment to Tulane baseball? If he does not want to be here let him out of his contract and hire Andy Cannizaro or the Southeastern coach now.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Others are saying that the Austin paper has tweeted that Pierce has been hired at UT.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

I am very disappointed in you Winwav, with your coveted position on the advisory committee I expected you to use your clout to keep him. What kind of boardmember are you anyway?
Show Me
Tsunami

DaveBrownStreak wrote:I am very disappointed in you Winwav, with your coveted position on the advisory committee I expected you to use your clout to keep him. What kind of boardmember are you anyway?
Yep. He's "stacked" up over his head on this one.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

What a bitter coward.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican