Coach Pierce and Allen to Texas

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
chain gang x man
Swell

Internet rumors have Coach Pierce close to inking deal with Alabama

Please say it's not true

chain gang x man
Swell

Hope it's just rumors
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

It's tough to turn down Texas but I don't see how Bama is a better job. Maybe he doesn't want to deal with the private school stuff but he could have a lifetime job at Tulane. At Texas or Bama you get canned if you miss the tourney a few years in a row.

Mitch Gaspard at Alabama resigned after missing the tourney the last two years afte making hte tourney the previous two. The last two years he went: 32-28 (12-18) in 2015 and 32-26 (15-15) in 2016. Why take that job if you are Pierce?

I have a real bad feeling about this....
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I wish DP all the best...but there are several Coach's that can take over Tulane and do one hell of a job and one of them is in Hammond waiting for the call. I personally thought DP would wait for the Rice job

Bring in Riser and Cannizaro ..

I have looked at several media sites in 'Bama...not one mention of DP on any of them
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:I wish DP all the best...but there are several Coach's that can take over Tulane and do one hell of a job and one of them is in Hammond waiting for the call. I personally thought DP would wait for the Rice job

Bring in Riser and Cannizaro ..
Ya Riser seems like a stud. I would give Blake Dean a call as well.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Andy Cannizaro next man up.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Forever TU
Surge

Ahemm....Kushner said he is NOT hearing the same thing. At this point it's unsubstantiated rumor.
Pepper
Swell

The AD stated he was looking for someone with Alabama recruiting connections. My money is on S. Alabama's Mark Calvi. He's been at USA since 2011 and was the pitching coach on the S. Carolina NC team.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:The AD stated he was looking for someone with Alabama recruiting connections. My money is on S. Alabama's Mark Calvi. He's been at USA since 2011 and was the pitching coach on the S. Carolina NC team.
This actually makes too much sense !!!!!...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bama making a big commitment to baseball. They spent over $42 million on "The New Joe" baseball stadium reconstruction.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Bama making a big commitment to baseball. They spent over $42 million on "The New Joe" baseball stadium reconstruction.
only 42 Mill ?!?!?...I thought you posted they were making a commitment !!!!!....they need to get a clue !!!!
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Bama making a big commitment to baseball. They spent over $42 million on "The New Joe" baseball stadium reconstruction.
They are. They are getting killed in recruiting by Miss St.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I'm not going to worry about what career move David Pierce decides. He can have a lifetime job at Tulane just like Rick Jones and Joe Brockhof or he can go to a school with unrealistic expectations and much lower threshold for mediocrity. Tulane is a great Baseball job and will always attract outstanding coaching candidates. With Troy Dannen as AD, he will make it a very difficult decision for Pierce to leave or he could hire a very impressive replacement.
Jaxwave
Swell

Probably Pierce's agent putting out rumor to get Texas interested or raise at Tulane
Wave755
Tsunami

Yet, 25 minutes ago Burnt Orange Nation just reported, “Tulane's David Pierce looks like favorite to be next Texas baseball head coach.” So, who knows, & we will do fine however Pierce decides.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/6 ... -osullivan
Last edited by Wave755 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jaxwave
Swell

So the rumor floated by the agent about AlAbama worked.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This started on tigerdroppings. We'll see what happens. This is a great job and they'll be a long list of very qualified coaches if there is an opening. Riser and Cannizaro will be on it among a host of others. We can get someone w/proven HC experience. I wish Andy had that but he might be one worth making an exception for. With all that LSU lost from the order last year he did a good job this year.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Troy will do a national search if Pierce goes.
I thought Schlossnagle would go to Texas but if he just signed a new deal with a massive raise than he probably stays at TCU.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:This started on tigerdroppings. We'll see what happens. This is a great job and they'll be a long list of very qualified coaches if there is an opening. Riser and Cannizaro will be on it among a host of others.
It started on Twitter.

AC> Riser
Pepper
Swell

If the scholly situation(stacking) doesn't get fixed, he will be looking to leave.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Tulane needs Coach Pierce to remain here . Coach Pierce needs to remain here.

Tulane must stand up tall and do whatever it takes to retain a coach it wants to retain. Will be a great object lesson for the BIG XII and the ACC to see that we are truly committed to winning and are no longer willing to accept stepping stone status on coaches.

Mr Pierce has to decide if he wants the opportunity of a Supreme Court type job... tenure for good behavior... or the opportunity to be fired if he misses the NCAA's two years in a row.

This will be Dannen's first litmus test against those we aspire to rejoin and we must come up positive to show all our total reorientation from the past president's reign of terror.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Troy will do a national search if Pierce goes.
I thought Schlossnagle would go to Texas but if he just signed a new deal with a massive raise than he probably stays at TCU.

Texas is not that great of a job under present management !!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Troy will do a national search if Pierce goes.

Texas is not that great of a job under present management !!!
Don't know. But it will pay great.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:This started on tigerdroppings. We'll see what happens. This is a great job and they'll be a long list of very qualified coaches if there is an opening. Riser and Cannizaro will be on it among a host of others.
It started on Twitter.

AC> Riser
No difference. :mrgreen:

They'll be just two of many very qualified candidates.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

IMO if the Head Coach of Tulane misses two straight ncaa tourneys he should be on the hot seat as well. We should be a consistent top 15 program.