Coach Pierce and Allen to Texas

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:Whether Troy hires an alumni or not alumni the key is a $3m buyout in his contract during the entire term of the contract. . Just find a coach better than low life Pierce.
So if he flops you can fund the $3 mill from your large trust account.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bearwave
High Tide

Pepper wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Bearwave wrote:Hear Dannen isn't interested in hiring an alum for the job. Big f'n mistake in my opinion.
If that's true than MR and AC are out. It would be be crazy as well to penalize a Tulane degree.
His history is to hire older proven HC's. Hiring based on where you went to school seems far-fetched. I think Dallas Bap HC is the front runner.
No way he comes here, he turned down Texas who has deeper pockets and more prestige. Right now DB's program is every bit as good as Tulane and is in the center of one of the most loaded recruiting grounds.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Bearwave wrote:Hear Dannen isn't interested in hiring an alum for the job. Big f'n mistake in my opinion.
If that's true than MR and AC are out. It would be be crazy as well to penalize a Tulane degree.
His history is to hire older proven HC's. Hiring based on where you went to school seems far-fetched. I think Dallas Bap HC is the front runner.
That's interesting. The word some put out was that he was very tied to that school on religious grounds. You confident in your sources? (As I always say you can't convey tone on the internet. So just to be clear I am just asking. I know you follow this closely and I respect your opinion and information.) Thanks.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's not accurate. Andy is certainly in the mix as is Riser. Both will have every opportunity to get it and their Tulane background will be a plus not a negative. Very confident in my source on that.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote:
Pepper wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
That's interesting. The word some put out was that he was very tied to that school on religious grounds. You confident in your sources? (As I always say you can't convey tone on the internet. So just to be clear I am just asking. I know you follow this closely and I respect your opinion and information.) Thanks.
Just an opinion but he would make more $ here and our program(conference, facilities, etc) would be enough to trump his religious affiliation to the school.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:
winwave wrote:
Pepper wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Just an opinion but he would make more $ here and our program(conference, facilities, etc) would be enough to trump his religious affiliation to the school.
Dan Heefner, the DBU HC, turned down the UT job that Pierce took. He likes being at a small University with Baptist ties. He built a solid program, and doesn't look like he's anxious to leave. I don't think he's even in the running, at his choice. If I'm wrong on this, we'd be getting one heck of a coach, whom had his team higher ranked than Tulane all year. But I don't see him turning down UT and coming to TU.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Pepper
Swell

I understand that but he interviewed for the Baylor job last year and Texas this year. If he is so happy, why keep casting your line?
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

Pepper wrote:I understand that but he interviewed for the Baylor job last year and Texas this year. If he is so happy, why keep casting your line?
He was also offered the baylor job and he turned it down too. Heefners not going anywhere if you ask me.
Pepper
Swell

VerdeGeaux wrote:
Pepper wrote:I understand that but he interviewed for the Baylor job last year and Texas this year. If he is so happy, why keep casting your line?
He was also offered the baylor job and he turned it down too. Heefners not going anywhere if you ask me.
My point is why does he keep getting interviews if he is steadfast against leaving. I do believe he is a long shot but where there is smoke they may be fire.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Perhaps to get more money out of DBU?

Just my thoughts. Now someone is going to say that I've got a conspiracy rumor about DBU!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

this damn thread has morphed into a coaching search thread....lock, load and kill it
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Final farewell...
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... job-for-me
"There are some things that can be improved, but that’s true of anywhere. I think those pieces are a work in progress. It was a 100 percent positive experience for us, even if it was a little short-lived."

“I thank the city, the university and the department for giving me a great opportunity and whoever comes next will have a great opportunity to build on what we did because of the support those places give.”
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

Classy message from Pierce. And hopefully Tulane has already received the buyout money.
Jonathan
Riptide

His buy out $1m should be in the Tulane bank account. Pierce is a traitor to Tulane after only 24 months. He promised during his interview to take us to Omaha. He is a liar and scumbag.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looks like part of the buyout went to getting out of coming here next season.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The way that reads is that people assumed their was a return series next season but in fact it was not on the schedule in the first place.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:The way that reads is that people assumed their was a return series next season but in fact it was not on the schedule in the first place.
Safe to assume that because that's usually the case. Safe to assume Pierce leaving played a role.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No role to play if it was not on the schedule.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:The way that reads is that people assumed their was a return series next season but in fact it was not on the schedule in the first place.

So we are accepting away only baseball series now.....that's a first tmk.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:

Right. We played at Pepperdine in 2015 and they returned to play us in 2016. You pretty much can assume we'll get a return trip when you do these deals. Augie G and David Pierce are friends. I'm sure had both remained we'd be getting a Texas return. Our new coach will have some gaps to fill I'm sure.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:

Don't think it would be a first. Then again there is always a first time.
Pepper
Swell

We have to schedule some away series with SEC/ACC teams in the future. With their inflated RPI's, I would take a 2 for 1 in their favor.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote:We have to schedule some away series with SEC/ACC teams in the future. With their inflated RPI's, I would take a 2 for 1 in their favor.
Ole Miss would be nice.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

S. Carolina would be nice too.