Coach Pierce and Allen to Texas

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

chain gang x man wrote:Allen not going to Alabama
Going to Texas with Pierce
We need to act fast so we don't loose any incoming freshmen

AC can keep the freshmen not some retread guy with head coaching experience
You mean like the last guy we hired?

winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Just got word Allen is going to Texas to be with Pierce. So the statement that he went to Bama and wanted to break out on his on would be incorrect.
He pretty much said that himself when he took the Bama job. Now at Texas he is again in a P5 where he can get great exposure and will get paid much more than Bama. Many factors in play in these scenarios.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

Not that it is that big of a deal but this now creates another head coaching vacancy in college baseball and maybe slows the process as potential coaches go through another interview.
capwave
High Tide

anEngineer wrote:Not that it is that big of a deal but this now creates another head coaching vacancy in college baseball and maybe slows the process as potential coaches go through another interview.
Another head coaching vacancy???
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Allen on leaving Tulane:
He's basically saying nothing was done with financial aid while they were at Tulane.
"I think things will change for Tulane in the future with regards to financial aid, and that it will be a major selling point for the program,” Allen said. “Coach Pierce is working hard on it, but even if they don’t get it, he will find a way to win.”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

You can bet Coach Allen got a raise going from Tulane to Alabama, then, without even leaving New Orleans, got another one to join coach Pierce at UT. Good for him!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Pepper
Swell

If Allen knew Pierce was leaving for Texas, why would he bolt for Alabama.I would have thought he would have threw his hat in the ring for the HC job.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I think he saw that if Tulane went the assistant route it would be AC. Also it's possible he left but still put his name in.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:If Allen knew Pierce was leaving for Texas, why would he bolt for Alabama.I would have thought he would have threw his hat in the ring for the HC job.
I don't know this for a fact, but here's what it looks like from afar: Allen was offered the Alabama job, but was dragging his feet awaiting Pierce's outcome with UT. It was uncertain that Pierce was getting the UT job, and the new Alabama HC, Greg Goff, was pressuring Allen to say yes or no. He said yes, and a day or so later Pierce gets the UT job, and after learning what he can pay his assistants, calls Allen, who is busy packing in New Orleans. He blows Allen away with a much higher salary. Allen picks up the phone "Hello, Coach Goff, well, something has come up and I'm not going to be joining your staff. I want to wish you the best, and thank you for the opportunity...."
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
Pepper wrote:If Allen knew Pierce was leaving for Texas, why would he bolt for Alabama.I would have thought he would have threw his hat in the ring for the HC job.
I don't know this for a fact, but here's what it looks like from afar: Allen was offered the Alabama job, but was dragging his feet awaiting Pierce's outcome with UT. It was uncertain that Pierce was getting the UT job, and the new Alabama HC, Greg Goff, was pressuring Allen to say yes or no. He said yes, and a day or so later Pierce gets the UT job, and after learning what he can pay his assistants, calls Allen, who is busy packing in New Orleans. He blows Allen away with a much higher salary. Allen picks up the phone "Hello, Coach Goff, well, something has come up and I'm not going to be joining your staff. I want to wish you the best, and thank you for the opportunity...."
Sounds like American Free Enterprise to me
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
Makes sense
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pierce deal is 6 years $4.75 million. He's set for life. Was making $110K at SHS.
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Pierces Tweet on his Texas a/c. Man, $$ sure change loyalty in a split second!!!

Thank you to all my family and friends for the incredible support. We're ready to get to work! Hook 'em Horns!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:Pierce deal is 6 years $4.75 million. He's set for life. Was making $110K at SHS.
That's approx $800k a year ...r we not willing or can't pay this ? Not talking about Pierce cause he was going anyway. Talking about future coaches
GreenLantern
Riptide

DaveBrownStreak wrote:Pierces Tweet on his Texas a/c. Man, $$ sure change loyalty in a split second!!!

Thank you to all my family and friends for the incredible support. We're ready to get to work! Hook 'em Horns!
Did you ever change jobs for a better offer?
DrBox
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:Allen not going to Alabama
Going to Texas with Pierce
We need to act fast so we don't loose any incoming freshmen

AC can keep the freshmen not some retread guy with head coaching experience
You mean like the last guy we hired?
He's no retread.
But I'm hearing a lot of mediocre retread names. Tom Walter heads the retread list, along with the St Louis and Penn State coaches; and on here Gaspard and Turtle Thomas. any of the above would be an outrage.
My guess is that it's neither AC nor Riser. And hopefully no retreads.
Jonathan
Riptide

When does Tulane get its $1m in cash or certified check from Pierce on buyout? He is now still on the Tulane payroll until he does it and then gets a release from his contract. Sue him now in state or federal court in New Orleans according to the contract terms with full legal fees and court costs. Do not play around with this traitor!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jonathan wrote:When does Tulane get its $1m in cash or certified check from Pierce on buyout? He is now still on the Tulane payroll until he does it and then gets a release from his contract. Sue him now in state or federal court in New Orleans according to the contract terms with full legal fees and court costs. Do not play around with this traitor!

I know a lot of you guys have Jonathan on ignore, as do I, but I had to take a peek. This is priceless! May be the most clueless post I've ever seen on this board, and that would be saying something. Unbelievable.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Pepper
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:When does Tulane get its $1m in cash or certified check from Pierce on buyout? He is now still on the Tulane payroll until he does it and then gets a release from his contract. Sue him now in state or federal court in New Orleans according to the contract terms with full legal fees and court costs. Do not play around with this traitor!

I know a lot of you guys have Jonathan on ignore, as do I, but I had to take a peek. This is priceless! May be the most clueless post I've ever seen on this board, and that would be saying something. Unbelievable.
I'm not sure if he is a nut or trying to be one but he is an ass-clown.
DrBox
Riptide

DaveBrownStreak wrote: That's approx $800k a year ...r we not willing or can't pay this ? Not talking about Pierce cause he was going anyway. Talking about future coaches
I would hope we aren't willing to pay that. Better uses for our resource than paying twice the market price for a good coach.

Allen is going to make a lot more at Texas. Bama is paying Goff less than 500K.
Bearwave
High Tide

Hear Dannen isn't interested in hiring an alum for the job. Big f'n mistake in my opinion.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:
DaveBrownStreak wrote: That's approx $800k a year ...r we not willing or can't pay this ? Not talking about Pierce cause he was going anyway. Talking about future coaches
I would hope we aren't willing to pay that. Better uses for our resource than paying twice the market price for a good coach.

Allen is going to make a lot more at Texas. Bama is paying Goff less than 500K.
It was announced that he will receive "middle of the pack for the SEC". The high is now probably $1 mill with PM and the low probably $400K.
This was from 2013 so those numbers are all higher for 2016:
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013 ... ching.html
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote:Hear Dannen isn't interested in hiring an alum for the job. Big f'n mistake in my opinion.
If that's true than MR and AC are out. It would be be crazy as well to penalize a Tulane degree.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Bearwave wrote:Hear Dannen isn't interested in hiring an alum for the job. Big f'n mistake in my opinion.
If that's true than MR and AC are out. It would be be crazy as well to penalize a Tulane degree.
His history is to hire older proven HC's. Hiring based on where you went to school seems far-fetched. I think Dallas Bap HC is the front runner.
Jonathan
Riptide

Whether Troy hires an alumni or not alumni the key is a $3m buyout in his contract during the entire term of the contract. . Just find a coach better than low life Pierce.