Coach Pierce and Allen to Texas

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wait, so they owe US the buyout, and we lose a home series? If anything, we should be getting a home series if there wasn't one. Or, they should pay more to buyout Pierce AND get a return series removed. Anyway, I agree, I'd rather play an SEC school in a series.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

How about this? We drop the weekday games with LSU and play them every year in a 3 game OOC series, alternating by year as to home team? Then fill those weekday games with someone else.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Wait, so they owe US the buyout, and we lose a home series? If anything, we should be getting a home series if there wasn't one. Or, they should pay more to buyout Pierce AND get a return series removed. Anyway, I agree, I'd rather play an SEC school in a series.

Except it hasn't been shown that we had a home series to begin with for 2017.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Pepper wrote:We have to schedule some away series with SEC/ACC teams in the future. With their inflated RPI's, I would take a 2 for 1 in their favor.

Not in baseball, completely different animal. If we are taking 2-1's in baseball then we have thrown in the towel and accepted mediocrity.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:How about this? We drop the weekday games with LSU and play them every year in a 3 game OOC series, alternating by year as to home team? Then fill those weekday games with someone else.

Better is to keep the midweeks and add a 3 game series every year. One game in Turchin, one in the Box and one at Zephyr.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:How about this? We drop the weekday games with LSU and play them every year in a 3 game OOC series, alternating by year as to home team? Then fill those weekday games with someone else.

Better is to keep the midweeks and add a 3 game series every year. One game in Turchin, one in the Box and one at Zephyr.
I'd go for that, and drop one of the 200+RPI midweek games. Maybe play Nicholls St once, and at home most years.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We already play LSU twice. So you'd only be adding a neutral site game. They probably wouldn't want that since they already play the WP Classic at Z.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:We already play LSU twice. So you'd only be adding a neutral site game. They probably wouldn't want that since they already play the WP Classic at Z.
What we are talking about would be 5 games and there is no question but that fan interest would be high. Play the series on the last OOC weekend.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I could go for 5 games a year. But I think whomever was the away team for the weekend series would need to have both the midweeks at home. The following year you switch.
Show Me
Tsunami

We need good RPI games. So it would be better to schedule ACC or SEC schools.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:I could go for 5 games a year. But I think whomever was the away team for the weekend series would need to have both the midweeks at home. The following year you switch.
The three games would be split up on the weekend. Each would be home once and the tickets could be split 50-50 for Zephyr.
RobertM320
Green Wave

We could do that also.
Pepper
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Pepper wrote:We have to schedule some away series with SEC/ACC teams in the future. With their inflated RPI's, I would take a 2 for 1 in their favor.

Not in baseball, completely different animal. If we are taking 2-1's in baseball then we have thrown in the towel and accepted mediocrity.

Beating SEC teams on the road sky-rockets your rpi and prepares you for hostile environments in post season. I also like the idea of playing or hosting a tourney with some big name schools.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Pepper wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

Beating SEC teams on the road sky-rockets your rpi and prepares you for hostile environments in post season. I also like the idea of playing or hosting a tourney with some big name schools.
Then play them on the road once then home the next year. 2-1's are for lesser programs. It screams to recruits that we accept second class citizenship to the SEC/ACC.
Pepper
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Pepper wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

Then play them on the road once then home the next year. 2-1's are for lesser programs. It screams to recruits that we accept second class citizenship to the SEC/ACC.
No it doesn't. It says we will go your place, beat your ass, expose our program to your state's recruits and get better press coverage than our hometown media!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

don't know if many read the section of this forum "other AAC schools"...but Larry Brown is out at SMU....I thought I would post it here since Austin and dallas are located in the same State / Republic
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

I have no doubt that Texas would be here next year, but for Pierce being hired at Texas. ADs schedule football and formalize all contracts and all of that. The baseball scheduling is less formal.

Playing any uneven series in baseball against us ridiculous and unnecessary. The benefit of the SEC RPI is playing a conference schedule full of those teams anyway. We can find plenty of good home and homes.
Keep LSU at the 2 midweek games; again, we can find good weekend series. The only weekday opponents trustworthy to be good are USM, ULL, LSU and, recently SLU. We already play those teams. LSU to the weekend would mean games against McNeese, Southern to fill the gap.

There's no question that AC is the insiders' choice for this job. I just happen to agree with the insiders on this rare occasion.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Pepper wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Pepper wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

No it doesn't. It says we will go your place, beat your ass, expose our program to your state's recruits and get better press coverage than our hometown media!
Absurd. Really think about what you just posted. TU baseball should not take a backseat to anyone. Jeez.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:I have no doubt that Texas would be here next year, but for Pierce being hired at Texas. ADs schedule football and formalize all contracts and all of that. The baseball scheduling is less formal.

Playing any uneven series in baseball against us ridiculous and unnecessary. The benefit of the SEC RPI is playing a conference schedule full of those teams anyway. We can find plenty of good home and homes.
Keep LSU at the 2 midweek games; again, we can find good weekend series. The only weekday opponents trustworthy to be good are USM, ULL, LSU and, recently SLU. We already play those teams. LSU to the weekend would mean games against McNeese, Southern to fill the gap.

There's no question that AC is the insiders' choice for this job. I just happen to agree with the insiders on this rare occasion.
You don't have to replace the LSU midweeks as they would stay. A weekend series would be added. We do usually get good weekend series but we certainly get some clunkers.
Pepper
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Pepper wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Pepper wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

Absurd. Really think about what you just posted. TU baseball should not take a backseat to anyone. Jeez.
I wasn't suggesting we take a backseat to anyone. My point was to play a tougher non-conference opponent to boost our rpi and expose our program to other states. I would rather play Florida or an Ole Miss on the road than a SWAC team at home. I'm wondering how hard it's going to be to find a quality opponent to come to us for a weekend series next year with Texas dropping out.
Jonathan
Riptide

David Pierce is now on the Texas athletic directory as head baseball coach,the traitor and liar. Can anyone confirm the $1m buyout was paid by him to Tulane and his contract release given.
tufinal4
High Tide

My understanding is that Texas is paying half of the buyout and Pierce is paying the other half himself over the life of his new contract (say $100k/yr for 5 years).
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

it may be time to lock, load and kill this thread !!!!....Just a reminder to all on this board who have left one employer to work from someone else to better yourself and your family...you are, according to some on this forum, a traitor !!!....You shall be shot at Dawn or right before Happy Hour begins..that is all.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Thought this was interesting. We're not moving our fences in, but looks like Texas WILL move their fences in!

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/stor ... sch-fences
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:it may be time to lock, load and kill this thread !!!!....Just a reminder to all on this board who have left one employer to work from someone else to better yourself and your family...you are, according to some on this forum, a traitor !!!....You shall be shot at Dawn or right before Happy Hour begins..that is all.....
Ignore the mad man behind the black curtain (aka "the Internet"). He's a troll.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V