ESPN Classic on now TU vs ECU 2004

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It's halftime 21-7 Pirates.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Hornetswave
Low Tide

Thanks watching it now
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hornetswave wrote:Thanks watching it now
It's great seeing Matt Forte as a freshmen. He was small as compared to today.
I hated how Scelfo removed the names off our jerseys. Watching today I can't remember many of the players without the name on the jersey.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Incredible how Scelfo blew this game. He went for two three times and failed each time. The first time we scored to close it to 21-13 and he goes for two and fails. The second time we are trailing 24-19 he goes for two and fails. The third time we go up 25-24 and he goes for two and fails again. We end up losing 27-25.
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

Going for 2 at 25-24, made sense though.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote:Going for 2 at 25-24, made sense though.
Right. Only because his earlier decisions forced that one.
Tulane Class of 1981
TXWave88
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
Basing solely off my memory, that was the throw to the upback behind the swinging gate formation. Scelfo did not make the decision to go for 2 the first time. That was an on field decision by the players and it was a dumb decision. They got their arses chewed on the sideline. I know this because I was the sole player on the far right side of that play that was to be thrown to if I was left alone with no defender on me. It cost us the game and we knew it. It cost us a 6-5 season and a bowl game most likely. That one hurt. Just providing the truth and not making up stuff to defend Scelfo. If that is not the play you are referring to, well you all should know why i get my bonehead plays mixed up from back then. Too many of them.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TXWave88 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Basing solely off my memory, that was the throw to the upback behind the swinging gate formation. Scelfo did not make the decision to go for 2 the first time. That was an on field decision by the players and it was a dumb decision. They got their arses chewed on the sideline. I know this because I was the sole player on the far right side of that play that was to be thrown to if I was left alone with no defender on me. It cost us the game and we knew it. It cost us a 6-5 season and a bowl game most likely. That one hurt. Just providing the truth and not making up stuff to defend Scelfo. If that is not the play you are referring to, well you all should know why i get my bonehead plays mixed up from back then. Too many of them.
Thanks for the explanation. Just looking at the play the announcers also thought it was a bad call. All assumed it came from the coaches.
Tulane Class of 1981
TXWave88
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
TXWave88 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. Just looking at the play the announcers also thought it was a bad call. All assumed it came from the coaches.
No problem. Even i was saying "what the hell are yall thinking" during that play.
DrBox
Riptide

Team wasn't ready to play: the Scelfo special. We should have beaten that team by three touchdowns