Kajon Mack transferring

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Kajon Mack announces he will transfer per the Hullabaloo. Good luck Kajon at your next stop hopefully you can get a full season in without injury.
Harris and Frazier could be next to announce.
Those two were noticeably absent from the Dunleavy introduction.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

Harris and Frazier are two guys that could benefit greatly from Dunleavy's coaching. This transferring epidemic is terrible for college basketball. I hope we soon hear about who is going to be on this staff.
DrBox
Riptide

Mack is a good student, will graduate, and good luck to him. He was a good athlete who could play D and jump, but he couldn't dribble or shoot.

Harris and Frazier were at the meeting were CMD met the players; perhaps they had class. Perhaps they had class on Tuesday morning at 11.
Harris could go back to the midwest, but where's Frazier going to go?
I just hope they are all on track academically.
I hope we keep both, but if they leave, they leave.
galvezwave
Swell

Anybody that was satisfied with our program a month ago and wants to leave after seeing and meeting and hearing our new coach, well, pack your bags and GTFO. Bye.
dpm wave
Swell

galvezwave wrote:Anybody that was satisfied with our program a month ago and wants to leave after seeing and meeting and hearing our new coach, well, pack your bags and GTFO. Bye.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote:Anybody that was satisfied with our program a month ago and wants to leave after seeing and meeting and hearing our new coach, well, pack your bags and GTFO. Bye.
I have a hard time believing that any of the current players will get a better opportunity than playing for a former NBA coach of the year in a four bid conference that is always on TV. Maybe some have just had AAU type people and boosters get in their ear.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Door. Ass. Don't let them collide during your exit.
rollinggreen
High Tide

Good riddance. He contributed little to nothing for the team.
Bigschtick
Riptide

PLUS 1 I don't know but it looked like the players at that meeting with coach
did not look very enthusiastic. Let them leave if they don't see the great opportunities that lie ahead!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
puffy
Surge

If anyone should be enthusiastic about the CMDsr hire, it's Frazier. He needs the level of teaching and development that MD can offer in order to translate his athleticism into on-court production.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote:

did not look very enthusiastic. Let them leave if they don't see the great opportunities that lie ahead!
My conspiracy if they transfer, someone got in the ear saying MD was using TU as a stepping stone. He is 62 and said he wanted to be here for a decade, could have been coach speak.
lurker123
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

My conspiracy if they transfer, someone got in the ear saying MD was using TU as a stepping stone. He is 62 and said he wanted to be here for a decade, could have been coach speak.
MD has to win first. TD has already said that's a problem he is more than happy to deal with.

As concerns Mack, the man has a most unlucky string of injuries. He has one year left to play college ball if he stays healthy. I bet he wants to go somewhere to play solid minutes and not be at best a role player at Tulane. He was loyal to Tulane throughout and Tulane was loyal to him by giving him a world class education. I wish him well.
JerseyWave
Riptide

This guy is 62 and coached 17 years in the NBA and made a lot of money. He doesn't need the Tulane job for anything, certainly not a stepping stone. Successful people are always looking for a new challenge, this why I believe he was looking for a college job.
DrBox
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

And that stepping-stone stuff would be far more believable if we hired your average 40 year old college coach.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

Wealthy successful 62 year olds have no interest in stepping stones.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

puffy wrote:If anyone should be enthusiastic about the CMDsr hire, it's Frazier. He needs the level of teaching and development that MD can offer in order to translate his athleticism into on-court production.
Yep. I hope MD gives Frazier a nice sales pitch. Frazier has some real athletic ability but needs to be molded into a basketball player.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Kajon was very athletic but could never stay healthy. He gets his degree and we get another scholarship for our new coach to give out. Works out for both.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

winwave wrote:Kajon was very athletic but could never stay healthy. He gets his degree and we get another scholarship for our new coach to give out. Works out for both.
Also could never really fit as either a 1 or a 2. A combo guard who was good at neither spot, and that's in addition to the injuries. I wish the young man luck going forward, but yes works out well for both.