Dylan Osetkowski

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Of the schools named there please tell us how many times they have each made the tourney since we did. I'd also note those are all schools in very low level conferences who can get in by winning their tourney and then get promptly bounced. I don't think any of our fans want to see us leave the AAC for conferences like that. The tiny gym is an issue no matter how many times a few want to deny it. I'll take Perry Clark's word for it.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:10 pm Of the schools named there please tell us how many times they have each made the tourney since we did. I'd also note those are all schools in very low level conferences who can get in by winning their tourney and then get promptly bounced. I don't think any of our fans want to see us leave the AAC for conferences like that. The tiny gym is an issue no mater how many times a few want to deny it. I'll take Perry Clarks word for it.
You're making an argument that I wasn't making. I guess I should say what you always say about me: you're obsessed.

Where did I compare the conferences such as the A-10, the MAAC, or the Big East to the AAC? Where did I say their gyms have anything to do or compare to ours? I pointed out that they all have bigger arenas (and in many cases further from campus than SKC is from Tulane) to play bigger games in.

But since you asked, Manhattan has been to the NCAA 4x and the NIT 2x since our last visit. Seton Hall (Big East) has been in the NCAA tournament 7x since we were there and the NIT 6x. Iona (Another MAAC member) has been to the NCAA tournament 9x (including at-large bids, not just winning their tourney) and NIT 2x since we were last in either. Fairfield has been to 1 NCAA tourney and 3 NIT tournaments since we played in either. So those 5 schools have 21 NCAA appearances and 13 NIT appearances since we last played in a meaningful post season tournament.

I'm not advocating for a step down to lower mid-major conference, nor am I saying anything about the size of our gym. My previous post didn't mention either as well.

You picked the fight, I think you just got bitch slapped.

To avoid the rest of the folks having to suffer the drama that ALWAYS ensues when someone proves your wrong, I will not respond to your response. You can have the last word and think you won.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I see that D has expanded on my research and posted while I was gathering info
Seton Hall was in the NCAA 11 times, last in 2018..one final four with a NCAA record of 15-11
Iona has been 10 times
Manhattan has been 8 times
Fairfield has 3 NCAA and 8 NIT's and 6 D-II NCAA's
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BS. First off you are the king of making up arguments no one else made so you'll have something to argue about. Secondly you were clearly responding to what golf was saying about our gym . Also you only mentioned one that plays in another Arena outside of campus. You said the others played in tiny gyms. You cited one program in a good conference, Seton Hall. The rest are in low level conferences. They are not who we aspire to be. No one knows or cares about them. The point I made was that to do what they have done we'd have to drop down. Forty years ago Perry knew we couldn't sustain success with that tiny gym. Now it's even smaller. You have said many times you want a program that can make the second weekend. So do I and everybody else here. We're not getting there with that gym.

Iona is 1-12 in the NCAA, Fordham is 2-4, Manhattan is 3-9. Fairfield is 0-3.

As for being bitch slapped that was you in the other thread. Telling people no one cares what happened 90 years ago but what happened 70 years ago does because you say so. LMFAO.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Marquette looking into building it's own smaller arean...it currently shares a place with the Bucks....'Nova also mentioned in the article..I realzie they both play in an eliest type of conference

https://www.jsonline.com/story/money/re ... 280320002/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They backed off. As I’ve said before we now have space at the Rosen lot. . They had the plans and it included the practice facility. The cost five years ago was $50 million. I’d love to see us go for that.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If anyone's interested, Dylan O is playing on the Cleveland Cavaliers summer league team.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Profoundwizard
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:15 pm If anyone's interested, Dylan O is playing on the Cleveland Cavaliers summer league team.
I remember people saying Sehic was better than Osetkowski. I always thought that was ridiculous.