Tough loss: Osetkowski to transfer to Texas

DrBox
Riptide

Re: Tough loss: Osetkowski to transfer

Postby DrBox » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:39 pm

greenphantom wrote:I'm getting sick of hearing about the excuse being the leak or that there were a couple fans mentioning it behind the bench. If you are that sensitive, move on. You don't have what it takes to be a winner.

I certainly agree with this. I read some quote where he said he wanted to go where he was "loved and appreciated."
But my guess is that the leak was a pretext. He probably really did like Conroy and the staff and if they left he wanted to go to a place where he probably thought he could win. By the time Tulane hired Dunleavy, it really was too late to reverse course. Once you quit on your team you can't come back.
As for the staff, I'm neutral whether they stay or go. I think it's a little low bar mentality to be overly impressed with the recruiting. It was certainly capable but appears better than it was because virtually no recruiting occurred before they arrived.

nawlinspete
Swell

Re: Tough loss: Osetkowski to transfer to Texas

Postby nawlinspete » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:02 am

Let's get Texas on our schedule for Dylan's two eligible years and kick his ass twice and their asses twice. Good young man. He should have stayed.

Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:45 am

nawlinspete wrote:Let's get Texas on our schedule for Dylan's two eligible years and kick his ass twice and their asses twice. Good young man. He should have stayed.

Austin is pretty this time of year....Blueonnets and Indian Paint Brush's blooming...along with the Oak and Cedar pollen !!!!...but the storms last night may have cleaned the air for the rest of the spring semester....best of luck the young man.... this will give one more scholly for Mike to work with

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

puffy
Surge

Re: Tough loss: Osetkowski to transfer

Postby puffy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:59 am

DrBox wrote:
greenphantom wrote:I'm getting sick of hearing about the excuse being the leak or that there were a couple fans mentioning it behind the bench. If you are that sensitive, move on. You don't have what it takes to be a winner.

I certainly agree with this. I read some quote where he said he wanted to go where he was "loved and appreciated."
But my guess is that the leak was a pretext. He probably really did like Conroy and the staff and if they left he wanted to go to a place where he probably thought he could win. By the time Tulane hired Dunleavy, it really was too late to reverse course. Once you quit on your team you can't come back.
As for the staff, I'm neutral whether they stay or go. I think it's a little low bar mentality to be overly impressed with the recruiting. It was certainly capable but appears better than it was because virtually no recruiting occurred before they arrived.

Found the article: http://www.hookem.com/2016/04/12/tulane ... -to-texas/

Bottom line is he was unhappy here, and that his mind was made up welll before any "leak" of Conroy's firing occurred. The "loved and appreciated" comment suggests to me that he considers himself a big time player and wants the adoration that goes along with it. Hope he finds it at UT.

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Postby jonathanjoseph » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:31 am

The whiny, narcissistic entitlement (that equals the stereotype of all millenials) in those quotes is offputting to say the least. Good luck to the young man.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Postby tpstulane » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:29 pm

GreenLantern wrote:Dylan O made a splash in his first game at UT:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400988883

Wow

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:19 pm

WOW..and he did all that against NW State...I am impressed

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

lurker123
Swell

Postby lurker123 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:58 pm

golfnut69 wrote:WOW..and he did all that against NW State...I am impressed

Hey let's lighten up. NLU's star player is named Czar Perry. That's the best sports name of the week.

Wavetrader
Low Tide

Postby Wavetrader » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:25 pm

I thought Sehic against LIU was better than the Big O ever was at Tulane.

"There is winning and there is misery". BP

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:20 am

lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:WOW..and he did all that against NW State...I am impressed

Hey let's lighten up. NLU's star player is named Czar Perry. That's the best sports name of the week.

Speaking of names...there is a 4th grader at my Wife's former school, his first name ..." His Highness".....

Ruski
Surge

Postby Ruski » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Dylan leading scorer on Texas, taking duke to OT. Incredible he only had one foul the entire game.

lurker123
Swell

Postby lurker123 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Ruski wrote:Dylan leading scorer on Texas, taking duke to OT. Incredible he only had one foul the entire game.

Played great on offensive end of floor but not much on defense. Once the UT stud center fouled out, it was dunk central for Duke to win in OT. I love DO but not much has changed in two years. He still can't protect the rim.

Regardless UT looks like a serous tourney team and should be very competitive in Big XII coming off a ten win season last year. Sound familiar?? :mrgreen:

swampnik
High Tide

Postby swampnik » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:07 am

Monster game for the Big O! Texas will be a contender this year.

nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)