Dylan Osetkowski

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
winwave wrote:He was leaving anyway.
This I suspect is the truth.
Making transfer decisions based on what you hear on the bench during a game just doesn't make any sense. They were nothing but transfers out during Conroy's term so I don't see why this is any different. I don't deny that's what your source says, or that you have a good source. But it still sounds like a convenient pretext to me....leave while standing up for the coach in a difficult time for him.
We need to keep Frazier. He is the player with the athletic talent that we haven't seen here in years. I also want to keep those two guards that we have signed up....they aren't just commitments, they are signees
Funny. I never once saw anyone post or even hint at that O was leaving until I did. And I would have never posted that without knowing for sure. People can believe what they want. All I know is what his text said and that wasn't the case.
His mother and aunt among others went off on the staff for the poor offensive system among other things most of the season. That was talked about for much of the season on the other site. Then at the end they joined EC in the faux outrage over the ending to help justify their position.
Ok. Let's assume that's true. His mother and aunt should be happy that the coach is gone then why leave now? Why not wait a week and see who we hire and then make a decision? Suppose TD comes up with a great hire. Using Tanner Lee as an example he liked CJ a lot. However he waited to see who we hired first then met with the new staff and decided. If O's family didn't like the coaches they should be happy now and wait until a new one is hired then make a decision.
No assuming it's true. People posted about it throughout the season. As to why he wouldn't wait that's simple. He already knew where he was going next.
I disagree.
Read her last two tweets:
Better yet keep going back in this link.

https://twitter.com/sabinaosetkowsk
Nothing there to dispute what's been posted about the situation elsewhere throughout the course of the season. Guerry Smith who covers the team said he felt all along that he was going after this season based on interviews w/him. It's now done. Moving on.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
Making transfer decisions based on what you hear on the bench during a game just doesn't make any sense. They were nothing but transfers out during Conroy's term so I don't see why this is any different. I don't deny that's what your source says, or that you have a good source. But it still sounds like a convenient pretext to me....leave while standing up for the coach in a difficult time for him.
We need to keep Frazier. He is the player with the athletic talent that we haven't seen here in years. I also want to keep those two guards that we have signed up....they aren't just commitments, they are signees
Funny. I never once saw anyone post or even hint at that O was leaving until I did. And I would have never posted that without knowing for sure. People can believe what they want. All I know is what his text said and that wasn't the case.
His mother and aunt among others went off on the staff for the poor offensive system among other things most of the season. That was talked about for much of the season on the other site. Then at the end they joined EC in the faux outrage over the ending to help justify their position.
Ok. Let's assume that's true. His mother and aunt should be happy that the coach is gone then why leave now? Why not wait a week and see who we hire and then make a decision? Suppose TD comes up with a great hire. Using Tanner Lee as an example he liked CJ a lot. However he waited to see who we hired first then met with the new staff and decided. If O's family didn't like the coaches they should be happy now and wait until a new one is hired then make a decision.
No assuming it's true. People posted about it throughout the season. As to why he wouldn't wait that's simple. He already knew where he was going next.
I disagree.

Nothing there to dispute what's been posted about the situation elsewhere throughout the course of the season. Guerry Smith who covers the team said he felt all along that he was going after this season based on interviews w/him. It's now done. Moving on.
I have never read that in any of Guerry's reports this season.
It may have came up after his freshman year. People thought he'd be gone. But he came back. I've been to some practices and this staff has some good coaches. One day Shammod will be a head coach. Trust me he wasn't unhappy at Tulane.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
It may have came up after his freshman year. People thought he'd be gone. But he came back. I've been to some practices and this staff has some good coaches. One day Shammod will be a head coach. Trust me he wasn't unhappy at Tulane.
TPS, Smith posted it in his pay to play fan site message board. It's not in his Advocate pieces.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
TPS, Smith posted it in his pay to play fan site message board. It's not in his Advocate pieces.
Ok. Thanks
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Regardless of whether he did or didn't, he's gone now. Wait until the Final Four comes around. Chances are, there's not more than a couple of players on our team that would even make the roster of any of the Final Four teams. Its not like we're losing Ben Simmons, or the next Steph Curry or Draymond Green here.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:
I disagree.

It was on his Rivals site. As for his happiness and your claim that he would be here if the situation w/EC played out differently we'll have to agree to disagree.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

If the leak of the firing of a failed coach (who had been given 6 years), played any role in this transfer, then that is some seriously weak $hit on DO's part.
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote:If the leak of the firing of a failed coach (who had been given 6 years), played any role in this transfer, then that is some seriously weak $hit on DO's part.
What if he was told that Conroy was not going anywhere. We don't know why. His mom tweets lead me to believe that he was lied to. That's what I mean by back stabbing.
Living the truth is just as important as telling the truth. We must strive 2 have our words match our actions & our actions match our words!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:If the leak of the firing of a failed coach (who had been given 6 years), played any role in this transfer, then that is some seriously weak $hit on DO's part.
What if he was told that Conroy was not going anywhere. We don't know why. His mom tweets lead me to believe that he was lied to. That's what I mean by back stabbing.
Living the truth is just as important as telling the truth. We must strive 2 have our words match our actions & our actions match our words!
Who would have told him that? ADs don't have sit down meetings with players. Hell TD went in record a few weeks earlier saying the results were unacceptable.
puffy
Surge

DO reminds me of an oversized, but lesser version of Taylor Rochestie. Unheralded recruit gets major PT and shows some ability at Tulane. Wouldn't surprise me if he landed at a lower level P5 school and becomes productive there, like TR.

But I can't call him a great player or a major loss, especially when we're talking about a 12-22 team where there proved to be few viable scoring options from the post. His 44/27/65 percentages doesn't scream great to me either. I felt worse when Davis left for SDSU and Rochestie for Wazzou.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Right, and we're talking about 48 hours. Sounds more like a tiff than a sound life decision.

I think it's fair to assume this decision was a long time coming.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

puffy wrote:DO reminds me of an oversized, but lesser version of Taylor Rochestie. Unheralded recruit gets major PT and shows some ability at Tulane. Wouldn't surprise me if he landed at a lower level P5 school and becomes productive there, like TR.

But I can't call him a great player or a major loss, especially when we're talking about a 12-22 team where there proved to be few viable scoring options from the post. His 44/27/65 percentages doesn't scream great to me either. I felt worse when Davis left for SDSU and Rochestie for Wazzou.
DO is better than both Rochesite and, yes, Josh Davis. Davis was a better pro prospect, but DO ends up the better college player. DO's sophomore per/40 numbers are pretty much equal to Davis' as a redshirt sophomore.

As an interesting aside, that kid Marc Eddy Noriela went for 20/10/5 in the NCAA tourny play-in game. I want to watch him play again.
Profoundwizard
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
puffy wrote:DO reminds me of an oversized, but lesser version of Taylor Rochestie. Unheralded recruit gets major PT and shows some ability at Tulane. Wouldn't surprise me if he landed at a lower level P5 school and becomes productive there, like TR.

DO is better than both Rochesite and, yes, Josh Davis. Davis was a better pro prospect, but DO ends up the better college player. DO's sophomore per/40 numbers are pretty much equal to Davis' as a redshirt sophomore.

As an interesting aside, that kid Marc Eddy Noriela went for 20/10/5 in the NCAA tourny play-in game. I want to watch him play again.
Osetkowski as a freshman and Sophomore is probably better than Davis as a freshman/Sophomore but Osetkowski peak won't be as good as Davis in his last year here. Also those numbers don't tell the story on defense where Davis is far better than Osetkowski
RobertM320
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Who would have told him that? ADs don't have sit down meetings with players. Hell TD went in record a few weeks earlier saying the results were unacceptable.
Here's a thought. Maybe he got the impression from Dickson/Conroy back when he was first recruited, that EC would be here his entire career. And to his family, since Conroy's gone, they were lied to. Its a stretch, but who knows. Recruits AND families hear what they want to hear.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
puffy
Surge

jonathanjoseph wrote:

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. If we're picking teams, I'm taking Davis over Osetkowski. I'll take Rochestie over O too. Heck, I'd probably take Noriela as well given his performance this year with FGCU :mrgreen: .
Wave QB
Swell

This is someone who can be replaced.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

On watching Norelia again, I think both Norelia and DO end up better players than Josh Davis.

Norelia has turned into quite the player out of no where.
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:On watching Norelia again, I think both Norelia and DO end up better players than Josh Davis.

Josh Davis would absolutely destroy DO. That guy was a beast. Agree that Norelia looks really good
DrBox
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:On watching Norelia again, I think both Norelia and DO end up better players than Josh Davis.

He really wasn't out of nowhere.
He was a 3 star recruit, who I believe was a top 10 recruit out of Florida.
Now he sat on Conroy's bench/doghouse for a year and left.
greenphantom
Swell

DrBox wrote:

He really wasn't out of nowhere.
He was a 3 star recruit, who I believe was a top 10 recruit out of Florida.
Now he sat on Conroy's bench/doghouse for a year and left.
I'm starting to get a little worried that JJ is about to turn this into a 70 page thread about Dylan O being the next Larry Bird.
Eaglewave
Swell

Good riddance.
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

An unflattering article on Dylan's skill set.
Projected as a bench player at Arizona.
http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... osetkowski
Osetkowski's weaknesses are clear. While he averaged 11.3 points per game, he was extremely inefficient in the process. He shot 43.8 percent from the field, 26.7 percent from 3, and just 67.9 percent from the free throw line. Taking all of that into account, his true-shooting percentage was just 49.8, a figure that would put him dead-last when compared to Arizona's current roster. That type of inefficiency is worrisome, especially since he's a 6-foot-9 front court player.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If Dylan O stayed and played for Mike Dunleavy, he'd leave here a better player than he's going to become going to Arizona. Dunleavy would get him his shots, his post up looks, and make him a much better overall player. I thought he was pretty good, but we never took advantage of his skills, which also means the coaching staff never worked closely enough with him to truly make him the guy that forces the D to respect the inside game. He could pass, he was strong, but was never in favorable positions to utilize his skills.

I also think his decision to transfer came a long time prior to March, 2016.

He should reconsider.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:If Dylan O stayed and played for Mike Dunleavy, he'd leave here a better player than he's going to become going to Arizona. Dunleavy would get him his shots, his post up looks, and make him a much better overall player. I thought he was pretty good, but we never took advantage of his skills, which also means the coaching staff never worked closely enough with him to truly make him the guy that forces the D to respect the inside game. He could pass, he was strong, but was never in favorable positions to utilize his skills.

I also think his decision to transfer came a long time prior to March, 2016.

He should reconsider.
Also getting a look from texas and colo st. He would be a 6th man at best at most P5's. At TU he would start for two years right away. Someone got in his ear, hope he reconsiders.
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:I also think his decision to transfer came a long time prior to March, 2016.
This. Absolutely this.
DfromCT wrote:He should reconsider.
Even better...let him go to Arizona and sit on the bench while he watches Coach Dunleavy build a playoff program with lesser talent. Dylan's departure creates an opportunity. Perhaps there are 5th year graduates with eligibility who would like to learn under an NBA coach of the year.