Dylan Osetkowski

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DrBox
Riptide

greenphantom wrote:I'm getting sick of hearing about the excuse being the leak or that there were a couple fans mentioning it behind the bench. If you are that sensitive, move on. You don't have what it takes to be a winner.
I certainly agree with this. I read some quote where he said he wanted to go where he was "loved and appreciated."
But my guess is that the leak was a pretext. He probably really did like Conroy and the staff and if they left he wanted to go to a place where he probably thought he could win. By the time Tulane hired Dunleavy, it really was too late to reverse course. Once you quit on your team you can't come back.
As for the staff, I'm neutral whether they stay or go. I think it's a little low bar mentality to be overly impressed with the recruiting. It was certainly capable but appears better than it was because virtually no recruiting occurred before they arrived.

nawlinspete
Riptide

Let's get Texas on our schedule for Dylan's two eligible years and kick his ass twice and their asses twice. Good young man. He should have stayed.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:Let's get Texas on our schedule for Dylan's two eligible years and kick his ass twice and their asses twice. Good young man. He should have stayed.

Austin is pretty this time of year....Blueonnets and Indian Paint Brush's blooming...along with the Oak and Cedar pollen !!!!...but the storms last night may have cleaned the air for the rest of the spring semester....best of luck the young man.... this will give one more scholly for Mike to work with
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
puffy
Surge

DrBox wrote:
greenphantom wrote:I'm getting sick of hearing about the excuse being the leak or that there were a couple fans mentioning it behind the bench. If you are that sensitive, move on. You don't have what it takes to be a winner.
I certainly agree with this. I read some quote where he said he wanted to go where he was "loved and appreciated."
But my guess is that the leak was a pretext. He probably really did like Conroy and the staff and if they left he wanted to go to a place where he probably thought he could win. By the time Tulane hired Dunleavy, it really was too late to reverse course. Once you quit on your team you can't come back.
As for the staff, I'm neutral whether they stay or go. I think it's a little low bar mentality to be overly impressed with the recruiting. It was certainly capable but appears better than it was because virtually no recruiting occurred before they arrived.
Found the article: http://www.hookem.com/2016/04/12/tulane ... -to-texas/

Bottom line is he was unhappy here, and that his mind was made up welll before any "leak" of Conroy's firing occurred. The "loved and appreciated" comment suggests to me that he considers himself a big time player and wants the adoration that goes along with it. Hope he finds it at UT.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

The whiny, narcissistic entitlement (that equals the stereotype of all millenials) in those quotes is offputting to say the least. Good luck to the young man.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Dylan O made a splash in his first game at UT:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =400988883
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:Dylan O made a splash in his first game at UT:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =400988883
Wow
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

WOW..and he did all that against NW State...I am impressed
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
lurker123
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:WOW..and he did all that against NW State...I am impressed
Hey let's lighten up. NLU's star player is named Czar Perry. That's the best sports name of the week.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

I thought Sehic against LIU was better than the Big O ever was at Tulane.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:WOW..and he did all that against NW State...I am impressed
Hey let's lighten up. NLU's star player is named Czar Perry. That's the best sports name of the week.
Speaking of names...there is a 4th grader at my Wife's former school, his first name ..." His Highness".....
Ruski
Swell

Dylan leading scorer on Texas, taking duke to OT. Incredible he only had one foul the entire game.
lurker123
Swell

Ruski wrote:Dylan leading scorer on Texas, taking duke to OT. Incredible he only had one foul the entire game.
Played great on offensive end of floor but not much on defense. Once the UT stud center fouled out, it was dunk central for Duke to win in OT. I love DO but not much has changed in two years. He still can't protect the rim.

Regardless UT looks like a serous tourney team and should be very competitive in Big XII coming off a ten win season last year. Sound familiar?? :mrgreen:
swampnik
Surge

Monster game for the Big O! Texas will be a contender this year.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
GreenLantern
Riptide

Dylan Osetkowski finished his last game with a big performance as Texas wins NIT:

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... -nit-title
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:04 am Dylan Osetkowski finished his last game with a big performance as Texas wins NIT:

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... -nit-title
saved ole Shaka Laka's job....he was on the way out....another season like this one and Red McCombs is pullin' the plug
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Congrats to Dylan O!!!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

What if?

What if Dylan Oski and Melvin Frazier had hung around through their senior years. How many more games would we have won? I'm guessing less than 9 conference games this year.
anEngineer
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:47 am What if?

What if Dylan Oski and Melvin Frazier had hung around through their senior years. How many more games would we have won? I'm guessing less than 9 conference games this year.
Had Dylan stayed here, he would have already graduated last year. He added an extra year of sitting out to transfer to Texas. Last year could have been pretty special and maybe changed Dunleavy's ultimate fate.
Show Me
Tsunami

Ed Conroy brought in some great talent. Oski, Reynolds and Frazier just to name a few. It’s too bad he wasn’t given a chance to coach those guys at their collective peaks. Hopefully Hunter brings in similar talent. Dunleavy got us Daniels but not much besides him has pro talent.
dpm wave
Swell

Show Me wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:46 am It’s too bad he wasn’t given a chance to coach those guys at their collective peaks.

If that had happened, none of them would come anywhere close to being the best player they could be.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

dpm wave wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:59 am
Show Me wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:46 am It’s too bad he wasn’t given a chance to coach those guys at their collective peaks.

If that had happened, none of them would come anywhere close to being the best player they could be.
Thank you. Thank God he wasn't given a chance to continue to stink it up.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

Hard to believe a kid would give up Tulane basketball for that (tongue firmly planted in cheek.) Let’s face it, very hard for Tulane to recruit basketball players. And if they find that diamond in the rough, this whole transfer portal thing will encourage them to upgrade to a better program if they develop into good players. Will be very difficult to ever win here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:57 am Hard to believe a kid would give up Tulane basketball for that (tongue firmly planted in cheek.) Let’s face it, very hard for Tulane to recruit basketball players. And if they find that diamond in the rough, this whole transfer portal thing will encourage them to upgrade to a better program if they develop into good players. Will be very difficult to ever win here.
Basketball is the easiest sport to turn aroiund in a short time, U don't need 20 kids a year ..I have not seen the "practice facility" in person, but I am told it is very nice and compares with most D-1 schools...strength and conditioning may be a different situation, but most schools that I know have a seperate facility for it basketball and Baseball players, is that not part of the new practice facility...Fogelman / Devlin has been mis-handled so many times in the past, but with the proper expansion can be one hell of a venue....Cameron Indoor is not exactly the "Ritz of Basketball Venues'.....Gonzaga's place seats about 6,000 on a good nite in Spokane, I have included the link
Gonzaga's palatial home
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthey_Athletic_Center

cameron Indoor all 9,000 seats
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Indoor_Stadium

St Johns University...
https://redstormsports.com/sports/2018/ ... -html.aspx

Villanova plays at this on campus facilty and the Wells Fargo Center
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finneran_Pavilion
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

St. Johns plays a lot of their games at Madison Square Garden ("The World's Most Famous Arena"). There are other competitive D1 programs in the metro NY area that have tiny gyms but have been successful: Iona, Manhattan, Seton Hall, Fairfield, Fordham to name a few. None are powerhouses, and Fordham hasn't been newsworthy in a while, but the others have been to the tournament, some very often, since we last made an appearance.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V