Dylan Osetkowski

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Very unfortunate to lose this kid, but good luck to him in the future.

Within 48 hours of the end of the season?

https://twitter.com/DylanOsetkowski

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wish him well, too. But wish he'd wait to see whom we hire are our next coach. This reeks of tampering, leaving so quickly without waiting to see who the new coach is and where the program is headed. Maybe he just didn't like playing and going to school in New Orleans at a school with no fan base.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DrBox
Riptide

It does stink of tampering (Tarrant was obvious tampering), but strong coaches and programs have ways to stop that...usually by winning.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Jumping ship before knowing who the new Head Coach will be.....good riddance! Osetkowski improved his game but I expect the new Coach to recruit better talent and win with it.

What other offers did Osetkowski have when he signed with Tulane?
puffy
Surge

Not hard to figure this has probably been stewing for a while. As others have suggested, it wouldn't surprise me if his next destination was already determined prior to the transfer announcement. Best of luck to him though. He would've been a useful player for the next regime.

I'm hoping local guys like Frazier, Paul and von Julien give it some time and let the coaching change work itself out before making their decisions about their future.

Btw, remember Marc Eddy Norelia? He's made himself into a player, averaging 17p/9r for FGCU and is playing in the NCAA tourney.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:Jumping ship before knowing who the new Head Coach will be.....good riddance! Osetkowski improved his game but I expect the new Coach to recruit better talent and win with it.

What other offers did Osetkowski have when he signed with Tulane?
Let's not kid ourselves. Osetkowski would have been all conference as a junior. It's an unfortunate loss.

I do wish he would have taken a "cooling off" period and waited to see who the new coach was. Given the circumstances, one does wonder about tampering.
GreenLantern
Riptide

A shame...I was just learning to pronounce his name correctly.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

just opens a spot for the next Lew Alcindor to suit up...I wish the young man well...
Last edited by golfnut69 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wavetime
Swell

This gets so old, not going to miss this about Conroy.

Good luck Big O.
dpm wave
Swell

I bet he goes back to CA and possibly SDSU with Fisher.
They are very close to being a sweet 16 team.
Got shafted not making the Dance after winning the MWC regular season.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Told you all a few days ago in another thread that O was leaving. This is just the first of many. We could lose a couple of freshman and the 3 commits. I figure 5 to 6 kids. Counting Jerreau and Dabney could be 8.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:This gets so old, not going to miss this about Conroy.

Good luck Big O.
Opposite this time around. Those kids really liked this staff. They are leaving because of those changes.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good bye Big O. Good luck. Now we move on.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:It does stink of tampering (Tarrant was obvious tampering), but strong coaches and programs have ways to stop that...usually by winning.
Nope. He's pissed. Nothing more.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:Very unfortunate to lose this kid, but good luck to him in the future.

Yes. He's leaving because he pissed. He was on the bench in the middle of the game when he heard EC was fired.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:Very unfortunate to lose this kid, but good luck to him in the future.

Yes. He's leaving because he pissed. He was on the bench in the middle of the game when he heard EC was fired.
He must like losing. He's a decent player but not replaceable. See ya.
wavemania
Surge

Obviously he must love losing. If you cant wait to see who the coach is going to be, F U. Hope we dont give him his release. That is how you stop the basketball transfers
JerseyWave
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:

So Tulane should keep a Coach who has has six years of failure! Last place in the conference! Get lost Osetkowski! He should be pissed about being worst in conference, not about Conroy being fired! Dannen is hiring a Winner!
greenphantom
Swell

I'm getting sick of hearing about the excuse being the leak or that there were a couple fans mentioning it behind the bench. If you are that sensitive, move on. You don't have what it takes to be a winner.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

So Tulane should keep a Coach who has has six years of failure! Last place in the conference! Get lost Osetkowski! He should be pissed about being worst in conference, not about Conroy being fired! Dannen is hiring a Winner!
I think being a player you hate to lose the coach that recruited you. He probably has some loyalty there. Let's hope we don't lose too many. Sadly this is the nature of college basketball today.
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

I think being a player you hate to lose the coach that recruited you. He probably has some loyalty there. Let's hope we don't lose too many. Sadly this is the nature of college basketball today.
Whatever the reasons are, they are his own and I'll respect them.

It's sort of then important that TD gets his guy relatively soon (like, by next week) if there is any chance to keep a reasonable core for the next coaching staff to work with?

Is Jarreau out of eligibility or is he transferring?
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Sadly, this is the nature of this generation of kids. Doesn't matter in the least that they were 12-22, they just want their coach. And if they don't get what they want, they pout and go home. Those aren't the kinds of players you win with anyway. If they can't handle something as simple as losing a coach, they're going to have a really difficult time dealing with the real world.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Profoundwizard
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Hope we don't lose too many? Why? We suck I'm fine with a mostly new roster from a coach that actually knows what he's doing
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In the past this would have been upsetting. Now that we have an AD that knows what he is doing I'm confident this will turn out fine.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

greenphantom wrote:I'm getting sick of hearing about the excuse being the leak or that there were a couple fans mentioning it behind the bench. If you are that sensitive, move on. You don't have what it takes to be a winner.
Right. Anyone who made their stay/go decision based on that is naive and not so bright. It's hard for any basketball player to play like that and not feel like a coaching change is/was necessary, and given Dannen's comments a few weeks back anyone taken by surprise had their head in the sand.