Scott Cowen 5th highest paid President in America

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf ... short_home
Scott Cowen, who stepped down as president of Tulane University in 2014, received total compensation of $1.6 million in 2013, making him the fifth highest paid university president in the United States, according to an updated report published by the Chronicle of Higher Education on executive compensation at private and public colleges. It defined total compensation as including base pay, bonus, other compensation and non-taxable compensations.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf ... short_home
Scott Cowen, who stepped down as president of Tulane University in 2014, received total compensation of $1.6 million in 2013, making him the fifth highest paid university president in the United States, according to an updated report published by the Chronicle of Higher Education on executive compensation at private and public colleges. It defined total compensation as including base pay, bonus, other compensation and non-taxable compensations.
This is criminal...and his wife was on the payroll also, nothing but a bunch of modern day carpetbaggers...both need a blindfold and cigarette, or at the very least SC Circle sign taken down and shoved up his fat azz, as part of a prostate exam
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

S.C. is a loathsome, s.o.b., m.f.ing douchebag, licker of baby bottoms. His mother is a hamster and his father stinks of elderberries. My fervent wish is that in this life he will live long enough to experience appropriate justice.

The fact that he continues to siphon funds from Tulane makes me ill. Compare his service to that of Santa Ono, president of the University of Cincinnati. Ono makes $525,000 a year and last year declined a raise and a bonus from UC trustees. At his request they earmarked his planned $100K bonus to five campus organizations.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote:S.C. is a loathsome, s.o.b., m.f.ing douchebag, licker of baby bottoms. His mother is a hamster and his father stinks of elderberries. My fervent wish is that in this life he will live long enough to experience appropriate justice.

The fact that he continues to siphon funds from Tulane makes me ill. Compare his service to that of Santa Ono, president of the University of Cincinnati. Ono makes $525,000 a year and last year declined a raise and a bonus from UC trustees. At his request they earmarked his planned $100K bonus to five campus organizations.
That's a perfect contrast. It's the difference between a good person and a bad person, to oversimplify.

Wonder where Cowen's wife's salary ended up? Did the $20M deficit include $2M/year in paychecks to the President's house?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Fire their asses, and Dickson too.

Criminal that they were paid for years at that level. Criminal and gross negligence that they are still stealing from Tulane.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JDTulane
Riptide

NO WONDER WE HAD A 20 MILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT. MY LORD. Overpaid pos.
JDTulane
Riptide

I believe Mrs. Cowen (is she also Dr. Cowen? apologies to you if you are and read this ;) ) made in the $100k range?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The BOA needs to be help responsible also....President Fitts, clean up the pile of dung and kick their azz's out
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf ... short_home
This is criminal...and his wife was on the payroll also, nothing but a bunch of modern day carpetbaggers...both need a blindfold and cigarette, or at the very least SC Circle sign taken down and shoved up his fat azz, as part of a prostate exam

I second that! I get ill everytime I see his fat face! Tulane goes down the proverbial shitter while Margie and Scotty
laugh all the way to the bank!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
GreenLantern
Riptide

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Incredible. Let's see, in his 18 years he; (1) didn't build the endowment one iota, (2) hid annual deficits in our operating budget, (3) took our academic standing from the mid-30's to low 50's, (4) took our #7 football program and nearly destroyed it, (5) led our other major athletic programs into the ditch, with the help of the nation's most incompetent AD that he hired, (6) used Tulane as a platform for pursuing corporate directorships, and (7) lined his pockets in more ways than we will probably ever know. And for all those accomplishments, he's the fifth highest paid university president? Scandalous!!! If Fitts and the BOA doesn't respond to this, they will have a hard time convincing alums why we should pay one penny into this schlock operation known as Tulane University.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote:Incredible. Let's see, in his 18 years he; (1) didn't build the endowment one iota, (2) hid annual deficits in our operating budget, (3) took our academic standing from the mid-30's to low 50's, (4) took our #7 football program and nearly destroyed it, (5) led our other major athletic programs into the ditch, with the help of the nation's most incompetent AD that he hired, (6) used Tulane as a platform for pursuing corporate directorships, and (7) lined his pockets in more ways than we will probably ever know. And for all those accomplishments, he's the fifth highest paid university president? Scandalous!!! If Fitts and the BOA doesn't respond to this, they will have a hard time convincing alums why we should pay one penny into this schlock operation known as Tulane University.
yep. Truly disgusting.
JTLiuzza
Swell

HoustonWave wrote:Incredible. Let's see, in his 18 years he; (1) didn't build the endowment one iota, (2) hid annual deficits in our operating budget, (3) took our academic standing from the mid-30's to low 50's, (4) took our #7 football program and nearly destroyed it, (5) led our other major athletic programs into the ditch, with the help of the nation's most incompetent AD that he hired, (6) used Tulane as a platform for pursuing corporate directorships, and (7) lined his pockets in more ways than we will probably ever know. And for all those accomplishments, he's the fifth highest paid university president? Scandalous!!! If Fitts and the BOA doesn't respond to this, they will have a hard time convincing alums why we should pay one penny into this schlock operation known as Tulane University.
And more could be added to your list. And the board let him, sat back and watched, and not only shoveled money at him but lauded him publicly in the process.

Tulane is indeed a schlock operation and has been for some time. That's first and foremost on the board. We could name names but we all know who they are. One penny in their direction is a penny foolishly spent.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
msdos
Swell

Does anyone know what he currently s̶t̶e̶a̶l̶s̶ makes from Tulane?
nawlinspete
Riptide

msdos wrote:Does anyone know what he currently s̶t̶e̶a̶l̶s̶ makes from Tulane?
He is being paid at his full presidential salary now, even after having been paid his full presidential salary while on his year long sabbatical.

And his wife earned her full $126,500 during his sabbatical and still earns it as we read and write.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JTLiuzza
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:
He is being paid at his full presidential salary now, even after having been paid his full presidential salary while on his year long sabbatical.

And his wife earned her full $126,500 during his sabbatical and still earns it as we read and write.
That is vile if true. Anyone who allows one cent of their money to go to Tulane is a fool.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JTLiuzza wrote:
And more could be added to your list. And the board let him, sat back and watched, and not only shoveled money at him but lauded him publicly in the process.

Tulane is indeed a schlock operation and has been for some time. That's first and foremost on the board. We could name names but we all know who they are. One penny in their direction is a penny foolishly spent.
Correct. And as I've been saying for years, they are personally liable for the monetary damages of these actions and should be held accountable.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

His full salary. So the Cowen family is still pulling in ~$2M/year in direct comp (I guess they actually have to pay rent somewhere now) from Tulane, accounting for near ~10% of the deficit which he hid.

People should go to jail over this.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JTLiuzza wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

That is vile if true. Anyone who allows one cent of their money to go to Tulane is a fool.[/quote
Exactly right. Don't give to Tulane until they prove that they will appropriate the money towards the right things.
JDTulane
Riptide

Apparently none of the athletics changes were good enough for jj
JTLiuzza
Swell

JDTulane wrote:Apparently none of the athletics changes were good enough for jj
Come on JD. We get a new AD and a new coach and we are all supposed to pretend that the last decade and a half didn't happen? I would characterize what Cowen CONTINUES to do to Tulane as a rape but if it's done with Tulane's consent, no, with their APPLAUSE what the heck is it?

And the new AD and HC have done NOTHING yet. Are we supposed to start naming buildings after them? I'm all for optimism but for crying out loud Tulane is in it's own little universe. Everywhere else you have to actually DO something first.

The nitwits on the board are playing you all like fools and have been for a long time. I shut off the spigot in 2009. The whole board needs an enema.

And, like it or not, JJ has been spot on more often than not.
wave97
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:Image
LMFAO :lol:
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JDTulane wrote:Apparently none of the athletics changes were good enough for jj
It might be fair to say that no poster has been more bullish on the "athletic changes" than I have been.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Since this @sshole is still on the payroll, it's worth noting that Cowen's decision to drop the computer science department can now be looked at with the benefit of hindsight as being a complete disaster. As Obama has now made this official, bringing back the department was literally necessary in order for Tulane University to have basic credibility in higher education.

This man runs a think tank on education but has a track record of being "worst case scenario" wrong about important high level aspects of education.
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/6 ... 9370882049
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I only wish there were bounties on dumb azz's.... he would be at the top of my list !!!