The BEST part of the Saints win over Atlanta . . .

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
IM42lane
Swell

"SKELFO" goes DOWN, too!

And, he's such a handsome devil, isn't he!!!

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/roster-co ... is-scelfo/

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
TURVS71
Swell

Well, I have mixed emotions. Happy that the Saints won but I have to say the Chris Scelfo was very kind to my family. Nice guy but just not a college head coach.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
IM42lane
Swell

He was NEVER kind to me. Of course, I made an big error at a B.R. booster club meeting of not pronouncing his last name correctly (I said "SKELFO" by mistake). When I did that, the guy went ballistic on me -- he spoke to me in a negative, derogatory way that I have never forgotten.

I walked away from him thinking that if this is the best way that this guy can do PR for TU football, then he might as well be gone now, no matter how many games his teams win. What an @$$hole!

Of course, CS represents to me another stupid decision that was made by the TU admin of not promoting Rich Rod to head coach after Bowden left. Yes, Rich Rod would have only lasted a couple of seasons (at the time RR was waiting for the West Va. coach to retire), but I really believe that the winning would have continued while he was there. That great offense would have continued to operate at TU, and a future head coach hire would have been made which would have probably keep that offense in place.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere