Rick Jones inducted into multiple Halls of Fame

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:46 am

Ed weighs in. "Crickets" from Tulane on Jones Hall of Fame induction.
http://clarionherald.info/clarion/index ... -at-tulane
Tulane athletics has started the new year with a missed opportunity. And, it was a big miss.
.....

Any coach with that résumé should at least get a mention from his university, don’t you think? But, as of late Sunday night, Jan. 8, there was no recent acknowledgment on the Tulane website.

If you jog through the Tulane website, there’s a story dated July 26, with a press release announcement of Jones’ pending induction. But, since then, crickets.

Where are the pictures from the induction ceremony?

Where’s the video? Where’s the quotes from a baseball coach who won more than 800 games? Jones deserved better.
Image


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7864
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:59 pm

tpstulane wrote:Ed weighs in. "Crickets" from Tulane on Jones Hall of Fame induction.
http://clarionherald.info/clarion/index ... -at-tulane
Tulane athletics has started the new year with a missed opportunity. And, it was a big miss.
.....

Any coach with that résumé should at least get a mention from his university, don’t you think? But, as of late Sunday night, Jan. 8, there was no recent acknowledgment on the Tulane website.

If you jog through the Tulane website, there’s a story dated July 26, with a press release announcement of Jones’ pending induction. But, since then, crickets.

Where are the pictures from the induction ceremony?

Where’s the video? Where’s the quotes from a baseball coach who won more than 800 games? Jones deserved better.
Image

Gotta agree...Tulane should have been all over this....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2830
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:32 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Ed weighs in. "Crickets" from Tulane on Jones Hall of Fame induction.
http://clarionherald.info/clarion/index ... -at-tulane
Tulane athletics has started the new year with a missed opportunity. And, it was a big miss.
.....

Any coach with that résumé should at least get a mention from his university, don’t you think? But, as of late Sunday night, Jan. 8, there was no recent acknowledgment on the Tulane website.

If you jog through the Tulane website, there’s a story dated July 26, with a press release announcement of Jones’ pending induction. But, since then, crickets.

Where are the pictures from the induction ceremony?

Where’s the video? Where’s the quotes from a baseball coach who won more than 800 games? Jones deserved better.
Image

Gotta agree...Tulane should have been all over this....
Right. Can you even imagine LSU not recognizing Skip Bertman on his HOF's. Once again Tulane drops the ball on an easy promotion for the winningest coach in any sport in the history of Tulane. Roger Dunaway's job must have been eliminated because that was a no brainer. Not even a Tweet out of Tulane. It's almost as if they are purposely trying to whitewash the little success we did have in the past to keep the threshold for future success low.
And Tulane complains about lack of media coverage what a joke that they can't even cover their own.
User avatar
chain gang x man
Swell
Posts: 1030
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:01 am

https://twitter.com/kendallrogersd1/sta ... 9469324291
Kendall Rogers from D1 baseball disappointed Rick Jones not in Tulane HOF
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:21 am

chain gang x man wrote:https://twitter.com/kendallrogersd1/sta ... 9469324291
Kendall Rogers from D1 baseball disappointed Rick Jones not in Tulane HOF
He's just one of many knowledgeable baseball fans that are in agreement.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7864
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 am

tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:https://twitter.com/kendallrogersd1/sta ... 9469324291
Kendall Rogers from D1 baseball disappointed Rick Jones not in Tulane HOF
He's just one of many knowledgeable baseball fans that are in agreement.
sey what !!!!..RD is in the damn hall and not RJ !?!?!?...how the F#@K does that happen ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:16 am

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:https://twitter.com/kendallrogersd1/sta ... 9469324291
Kendall Rogers from D1 baseball disappointed Rick Jones not in Tulane HOF
He's just one of many knowledgeable baseball fans that are in agreement.
sey what !!!!..RD is in the damn hall and not RJ !?!?!?...how the F#@K does that happen ?
I don't think RD is in. He got an award from the HOF I believe.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7864
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:51 am

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:https://twitter.com/kendallrogersd1/sta ... 9469324291
Kendall Rogers from D1 baseball disappointed Rick Jones not in Tulane HOF
He's just one of many knowledgeable baseball fans that are in agreement.
sey what !!!!..RD is in the damn hall and not RJ !?!?!?...how the F#@K does that happen ?
I don't think RD is in. He got an award from the HOF I believe.
an award...for what, incompetence ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:54 am

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:https://twitter.com/kendallrogersd1/sta ... 9469324291
Kendall Rogers from D1 baseball disappointed Rick Jones not in Tulane HOF
He's just one of many knowledgeable baseball fans that are in agreement.
sey what !!!!..RD is in the damn hall and not RJ !?!?!?...how the F#@K does that happen ?
I don't think RD is in. He got an award from the HOF I believe.
an award...for what, incompetence ?
Didn't say he deserved anything. I was just adding clarity. I boo'd loud and long at that game.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 am

Nice job of the ABCA HOF coverage on the Tulane website in this article:
http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/1/ ... eball.aspx

The GB's had a surprise visitor last night.
Image
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
msdos
Swell
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:48 am

tpstulane wrote:Nice job of the ABCA HOF coverage on the Tulane website in this article:
http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/1/ ... eball.aspx
I bet this was completely planned and had nothing to do with the backlash they received.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:18 am

msdos wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Nice job of the ABCA HOF coverage on the Tulane website in this article:
http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/1/ ... eball.aspx
I bet this was completely planned and had nothing to do with the backlash they received.
:mrgreen:
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Congrats to Rick Jones selected to lead TOS Team USA 18U National this summer.
http://web.usabaseball.com/article.jsp? ... =news_usab
Former Tulane head coach Rick Jones will also join the coaching ranks at the Tournament of Stars this year. Jones spent 21 years at the helm of the Green Wave program, where he tallied a 814-439-2 coaching record. His teams appeared in 12 NCAA Regionals, three Super Regionals and made it to the College World Series twice. He was also a part of three different Team USA coaching staffs. He managed the 2009 Collegiate National Team, was an assistant coach on the 1989 USA Baseball Presidential Cup staff and served as a member of the 1990 USA Baseball National Team coaching staff. Earlier this year, Jones was inducted in to the American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA) Hall of Fame.
The team is comprised of around 80 of the best upcoming high school seniors in the country. Most have already committed. Many were committed to Vandy, Florida and LSU. None were committed to Tulane.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
nawlinspete
Swell
Posts: 1647
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:31 pm

C'mon man; where is your TU education ?

It's Halls of Fame. Just as it's Times Out remaining, not timeouts.
Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:44 pm

nawlinspete wrote:C'mon man; where is your TU education ?

It's Halls of Fame. Just as it's Times Out remaining, not timeouts.
Ok cut me some slack. I majored in Finance not English. ;)
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:18 pm

Shout out to the RJ coaching tree by D1's Kendall Rogers:
https://mobile.twitter.com/KendallRoger ... 0495148033
6 D1 head coaches. I'm not sure that anyone has more at this point in time. That's incredible.
Schlossnagle, TCU
Cooper, Penn St
Kingston, USC
Cannizaro, Miss St
Riser, SELA
Mohl, USF
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Status changed forever:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 394f5.html

Fun times. Had heard a lot of that before but hadn't heard about the ride back.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:35 am

winwave wrote:Status changed forever:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 394f5.html

Fun times. Had heard a lot of that before but hadn't heard about the ride back.
There also was a private event held for Coach this past Thursday. Many players, donors, coaches and former co-workers attended. Rick told us many stories we hadn’t heard before. One in particular I’ll share. I’m going from memory so I’ll try to be as accurate as possible. He had just accepted the Tulane job and former coach Milt Retif was instrumental in being a part of it. Rick gets settled in and he wants to begin to recruit on a national basis. Once on campus he realizes his recruiting budget is a meager $3,500 for the entire year. So he picks up the phone and tells this to coach Retif. Milt tells Rick to give him an hour or so and he’ll see what he can do. Not long after he calls Rick back and tells coach, “I just raised $31,500 will that help”?
And the rest is history. Many other stories were told and many others were thanked. Hopefully Tulane releases a video of Rick’s HOF speech Friday night. It was a great acceptance speech.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:17 pm

Rick invited on WWL radio this Friday night 7:20pm. Going to talk memories of the Tulane LSU series. Should be some good stories.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6250
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:58 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:17 pm
Rick invited on WWL radio this Friday night 7:20pm. Going to talk memories of the Tulane LSU series. Should be some good stories.
He's a class act, for sure. If you see him or talk to him, TPS, send my regards and thanks for talking to me when things were going the wrong way with Zach. He cares and that meant a lot to me.

Tomorrow, Zach and Teddy turn 6, and we're going to party like we're in New Orleans!!! Zach is doing great and we have some serious cutting loose to do!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:17 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:58 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:17 pm
Rick invited on WWL radio this Friday night 7:20pm. Going to talk memories of the Tulane LSU series. Should be some good stories.
He's a class act, for sure. If you see him or talk to him, TPS, send my regards and thanks for talking to me when things were going the wrong way with Zach. He cares and that meant a lot to me.

Tomorrow, Zach and Teddy turn 6, and we're going to party like we're in New Orleans!!! Zach is doing great and we have some serious cutting loose to do!
Will do!
He replied, “Please tell DT I appreciate his kind words and Zach is in my morning prayer time every day”.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Rick going to be on WWL radio coming up.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Post Reply