Rick Jones inducted into multiple Halls of Fame

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jesus people. A guy who brought great success to TU received a much deserved HOF induction, can;t we just leave it at that.....

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Waverunner wrote:Athletic dept legend??I think not,they probably know you and loathe you for the load mouth u r,heard about your antics at Superdome years back in front of baseball recruits,they had to move due to your shameful behavior!!Way to help the program!!Last time on this site for me,guys like you have run most of the good people off,enjoy!!
Always remember,when u talk major college baseball in this state,it's
Maestri,Bertman,JONES!!
That's why they call me at home. Obviously what I think matters to them. The recruit story is a lie and he's had to admit that.

ZERO. You know what that means.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Congratulations coach Jones and thanks for all the life changing memories you gave us for bringing Tulane Baseball to Omaha twice and being No 1 for most of 2005. HOF is well deserved honor!
Profoundwizard
Swell

Well this thread got interesting
Vlvwave
Ripple

Attaboy waverunner...beat me to the punch...it's the same old blah, blah, blah and schtick from this guy...personal vendetta...whatever!
Done here too...
OUG
Riptide

Well that certainly escalated quickly.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats on another HOF induction for Rick Jones.
http://www.uncwsports.com/news/2015/10/ ... nistration
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Waverunner
Ripple

Congrats RJ
Louisiana HOF
UNCW HOF
Two more upcoming soon
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

All Tulane baseball fans should attend.
Pepper
Swell

Congratulations Coach!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I think a Coach has to be judged by several things...the number of wins, but just as important...how respected is he / she by their peers....how successful are their former players and assistants become, once they leave the program...in these cases, RJ certainly deserves every Hall of Fame induction.

Congrats Coach, all the best to you and your Family
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looks to be the same article as the one I posted earlier.
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... ll-of-fame
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greenbacker road trip to Natchitoches to support coach. We happened to run into him downtown.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

Would love to see on both You Tube and the Tulane baseball Twitter site. Great turn out of Tulane baseball fans there to honor him. I just found a one minute forty five second clip on You Tube of Rick Jones speaking at the Louisiana Athletic Hall of Fame. Can someone post?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Press conference interview
phpBB [video]

https://mobile.twitter.com/GreenWaveBSB ... 4930549760
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

From what I know and have heard about Winwave,he complained constantly about things at Turchin stadium. He complained about the donation process. He complained about the seat assignment at baseball games. He complained about the coaching and bashed it regularly. Now since he has been appointed to the advisory board, he starts to kiss butt and says what a wonderful coach Jones was. This is the typical company line. Now I admire somebody like TURV. This person wanted change in the athletic department and always spoke up and was never afraid to hide. Too bad somebody like that wasn't appointed to the advisory board. Get the Chapstick out Mr. Winwave.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

What we all know is Dave Browning was a staunch supporter of the SC/RD debacle. He banned people from the only site that existed then. He is as responsible as SC/RD for all the misery our fans endured during their error. He was born without a set of balls and is jealous of those with them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

phpBB [video]
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

If you have CST (Cox Sports Television) The La Sports Hall of Fame banquet is now on. And it rebroadcasts Tues at noon.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Another Hall of Fame honor for Rick! ABCA!
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... obile_home
Tulane Class of 1981
Waverunner
Ripple

Jones to be inducted into ABCA HOF
Bury this now!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats again coach!
http://sportsnola.com/rick-jones-induct ... day-night/
Former Tulane baseball coach Rick Jones will be inducted into the American Baseball Coaches Association Hall of Fame at a banquet Friday night in Anaheim, California, site of the ABCA’s annual convention.

It will be Jones’ third hall of fame induction in less than a year. In June, he was inducted into the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame in Natchitoches, and last spring, Jones’ alma mater, UNC Wilmington, inducted him into their sports hall.
Tulane Class of 1981
Vlvwave
Ripple

Congratulations to Coach Jones for being inducted into the American Baseball Coaches Association Hall of Fame this past Friday night. It was honor to be present for this prestigious honor and reconnect with many of the former players/assistants that were part of the unprecedented success achieved at Tulane during his tenure. I also was able to be in attendance as his first assistant coach at Tulane (and current head coach of the preseason number one ranked team in the nation) delivered the opening address on Saturday morning of the ABCA convention. Coach Schloss spoke at length about the influence that Coach Jones had on him and the way he has built his program at TCU based on that influence and his experience at Tulane. Looking forward to the inevitable induction into the Tulane Hall of Fame...as well as his number being retired...both of which should have happened already.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great honor. Well deserved!
Tulane Class of 1981