Rick Jones inducted into multiple Halls of Fame

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats coach well deserved!
http://theadvocate.com/sports/latestspo ... brown-rick
RICK JONES

Tulane’s baseball coach for 21 years (1994-2014), Jones led the Green Wave to 12 NCAA tournament berths and the only two College World Series appearances in school history (2001, 2005). The former Georgia Tech assistant posted an 814-439-2 record at Tulane, the most wins and the highest winning percentage (.649) in school history. His 2005 team was ranked No. 1 nationally for much of the year and received the No. 1 overall seed in NCAA tournament. Jones coached 24 All-Americans and seven conference players of the year. He earned coach of the year honors five times from the Louisiana Sports Writers Association and three times from Conference USA. He won 2005 national coach of the year honors by Baseball America. Widely respected by his peers nationally, Jones served as Team USA head coach in 2009.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Well deserved. Will be in the TU HOF soon as well.
JTLiuzza
Swell

Congrats Coach Jones. Thanks for all the many great baseball memories. My daughter grew up out at Turchin watching Tulane baseball under Coach Jones. It was fun.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
IM42lane
Swell

JTLiuzza wrote: Congrats Coach Jones. Thanks for all the many great baseball memories. My daughter grew up out at Turchin watching Tulane baseball under Coach Jones. It was fun.
Congrats to Rick! I just wish that he could have ended his coaching career here on a higher note. The 2001 super regional at Zephyr was nothing short of GREAT. Thanks for the memories, Coach. Godspeed.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Vlvwave
Ripple

Obviously a well deserved honor and the Tulane Hall of Fame won't be far away for the most successful coach in the history of Tulane Athletics.
I am befuddled a bit though by the absence of winwave on this thread??? Still on the Hot Rod bandwagon lol???
Waverunner
Ripple

Well deserved,no qualifications needed on this thread,wish this...wish that....I,however,am not befuddled by any of it,absences or otherwise.
Three D1baseball coaches in La HOF
Maestri,Bertman&Tulane's Rick Jones
Nuff said!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Congrats Rick.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Well deserved. Hope it is a short wait for the Tulane HOF. Hope he's doing well and healthy.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Waverunner
Ripple

Vivwave,look who came out from under his rock!!Two word post from a guy who is so verbose with his negativity...Sure RJ will cherish the thought of your congratulations!!A real Tulane guy!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad to know my opinion is so important to you. A shame you have to muck up what should be a positive thread. He had a good 15 year run when he was bringing in good assistants and getting after it on the recruiting trail. Those were fun times. Of course by your logic when you attempted to trash this years team and the AAC by posting that post season results showed they weren't worthy you were then also saying the same about our two CWS teams. Shame on you. Real RJ guys here. Certainly not Tulane baseball guys.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Waverunner
Ripple

Muck up a positive thread?After all the negativity of the last few years,now you're gonna congratulate him?You still don't get it,Gautreau recruited class you now fawn over and Sutter was involved with '01 and '05 CWS teams.Quality assistants?We shall see.To be honest,I could give a red rat's ass about your opinion,just wondered when u would slither out after reading today's paper.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Of course it does. It's the only reason your here. Pathetic as that is. You and yours came to this site to trash it early in the baseball season. You all have made it clear you are all about RJ. The rest of us are Tulane baseball fans and glad we are back on the right track.
Vlvwave
Ripple

That is where you are wrong winwave...we are all the real Tulane baseball fans...just not fans of your bashing of the man or the program. Came here to trash you, not the site. All of us, Rick included, have been nothing but supportive of Coach Pierce, his staff, and the team.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Vlvwave wrote:That is where you are wrong winwave...we are all the real Tulane baseball fans...just not fans of your bashing of the man or the program. Came here to trash you, not the site. All of us, Rick included, have been nothing but supportive of Coach Pierce, his staff, and the team.
BS. You all came here to trash the site last season. I am always the first here to defend this site when people do that. The fact is many here and elsewhere always questioned his on field coaching. For the first 15 years he had good assistants and they recruited well. Those were good years. Then he decided to hire only his former players and then decided to dumb down recruiting after he lost the 2008 class on what he named Black Monday. He was given 6 years to get it fixed. Anywhere else he would have gotten two. So no one bashed him. They stated their well earned opinions. You are beholden to him. The rest of us are fans of the program.
Green Wave
Swell

Congratulations to Rick Jones. What a great Run and well deserved.

ROLL WAVE!
ROLL WAVE!
Jonathan
Riptide

Rick deserves this. He was the best baseball coach that we ever had to date at Tulane. He took us to two College World Series in Omaha. At one point he had us as number one ranking in the nation for the entire year.Sadly his health and energy level went down his last five years at Tulane. Coach David Pierce is equal or in my humble opinion better than Rick and will bring us back to Omaha. Love Rick Jones for his career at Tulane. What a gentleman. I put Rick up with Skip Bertman as the two classiest baseball college coaches in Louisiana history,both gentleman. Could anyone that has the email addresses of Ricks best players such as Micah Owings and Brian contact them and tell about this great honor for Rick that he deserved. Does anyone have his email address so we can congratulate him with this honor?
Waverunner
Ripple

Some still don't get it;
Maestri,Bertman,Jones
Defender of the board?Nice title!!
Maestri,Bertman ,Jones!!
First 15 years musta been a helluva run,cause he's in HOF,jackass!!
Maestri,Bertman,Jones
Katrina?Idiot AD?Excuses,he never made em!!HOF!!
Maestri,Bertman,Jones
Don't cringe,he's in!!A Tulane guy!!Sure u r ecstatic!!Mount Rushmore of D1baseball coaches in La
Maestri,Bertman,Jones
Haters hate,legends get recognized!
At a school that longs for winners,Omaha TWICE!!
Maestri,Bertman,JONES
U defend the board,I'll defend the man who is the greatest baseball coach EVER at MY school!!
JONES,Tulane's finest,gave it all,including his health,for MY school!!
Waverunner
Ripple

Maestri,Bertman,Jones
Waverunner
Ripple

Maestri,Bertman,Jones
Waverunner
Ripple

Maestri,Bertman,Jones
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Retif, Brockhoff and Jones. Tulane put the resources into the sport. It's a good example that when it does that it can have success.
Waverunner
Ripple

Jonathon,ask Winwave for Rick's email,they're good buds,just like he& the rest of the Green Wave coaches!!Professional jock sniffer who comes on here and is a gutless internet assassin.
Maestri,Bertman,JONES!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You think he's a god. He's not. You know who I am b/c like many before you who are so fragile of mind you have had to seek my identity out. Rick and everyone n the athletic department know who I am too. Thus you are the internet coward. Your obsession w/RJ is pathetic.
Waverunner
Ripple

Maestri,Bertman,Jones
Don't know u from Adam,don't really care
No obsession ,just recognition of a good coach and better man
Sports experts have spoken
Maestri,Bertman,Jones
Jump on board!!
Waverunner
Ripple

Athletic dept legend??I think not,they probably know you and loathe you for the load mouth u r,heard about your antics at Superdome years back in front of baseball recruits,they had to move due to your shameful behavior!!Way to help the program!!Last time on this site for me,guys like you have run most of the good people off,enjoy!!
Always remember,when u talk major college baseball in this state,it's
Maestri,Bertman,JONES!!