Lorenzo Doss

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote:A coach cant make a guy tackle who is trying to prevent himself from getting hurt b/c he wants to enter the draft. It was abundantly clear all season that Doss had no interest in tackling anyone and his nearly immediate entrance into the draft only lends itself to the thought that it was intentional.
Frankly, I don't think it's a given that Lorenzo gets drafted. Undersized, without blazing speed, and no obvious strength, I think he might get picked in one of the last two rounds. His game tapes from this past season are killing him as well. One write up discussed how he gave up well over 150 yards and three touchdowns at Rutgers. I think he made a foolish decision to enter the draft. Maybe he hasn't signed with an agent and can return.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Profoundwizard
Swell

Barring something crazy he will be drafted. Any idea how many CB's got drafted last year? 35 and 30 the year before. He has an obvious strength, his hands and ball skills. He's signed an agent, he's not coming back.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote:Barring something crazy he will be drafted. Any idea how many CB's got drafted last year? 35 and 30 the year before. He has an obvious strength, his hands and ball skills. He's signed an agent, he's not coming back.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Doss was at practice yesterday.
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... oming-more
Cornerback Lorenzo Doss, who declared for the NFL draft after the season, watched the scrimmage and admitted it was a strange feeling not being a participant.

“Every time they threw the ball to the right side, I was like, ‘aw, man, I wish I was back there,’ ” he said. “That was my spot.”

Doss, who said his official time was 4.5 at the Indianapolis scouting combine, admitted he was unsure of his draft position, adding “it was all over the place.” He will train at Tulane for the next month before participating in the school’s Pro Day on March 26.

He said he had no regrets about leaving Tulane a year early and was satisfied with his performance at the combine.

“The only thing I will miss is playing with my teammates and this defense I was part of these last two years,” he said.

Doss had 15 interceptions in three years, the second-highest total in school history.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

In my opinion Doss should have stayed at Tulane his senior year to get his degree. His junior year in football was a major disappointment. I dI not think that he will be drafted or if so a very late round. He is undersized for the NFL.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:In my opinion Doss should have stayed at Tulane his senior year to get his degree. His junior year in football was a major disappointment. I dI not think that he will be drafted or if so a very late round. He is undersized for the NFL.
Totally agree. Not sure why a 170 lb Defensive back thinks he's going to excel in the NFL. He's going to get the crap beat out of him in camp, and if he makes a team, will have to play special teams. He did not grade out well at the combine, and its not given that he'll be one of the 30-40 DB's drafted.

If he were smart, he'd go to the same training facility that Forte went to in FL where he learned how to improve his 40 time and his strength. I didn't check back, but when I last looked Doss had the fewest reps on the Bench of anyone that did the Bench Press (9). According to Bill Cower, the difference between the college game and the NFL is like driving on the highway versus racing at the Indianapolis 500. I wish him the best, but think he made a big mistake leaving. His film from the 2014 season will haunt him.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

Jeff Duncan has Doss going to the Saints in the 4th round.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Denver Broncos announced this morning that they have waived Lorenzo Doss. All part of the chaos and meltdown ongoing within the Broncos organization—coaches being fired, players cut, etc. Real classy announcing it on Thanksgiving.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Saints are signing DB’s with all the injuries at the position.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:Saints are signing DB’s with all the injuries at the position.
If they've waived him, you know there's going to be a team with a worse record than the Saints make a claim on him first.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

One can hope.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Interesting as to why they released Doss.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2153 ... being-late
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With a six-game losing streak and 3-7 record hanging over them, the Denver Broncos haven't brought a whole lot of cheer into the start of the holiday season.

The Broncos released a former draft pick, cornerback Lorenzo Doss, on Thanksgiving for being late for a meeting, and practice hours later featured two skirmishes, including one with cornerback Chris Harris Jr. and rookie wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
lurker123
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Interesting as to why they released Doss.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2153 ... being-late
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With a six-game losing streak and 3-7 record hanging over them, the Denver Broncos haven't brought a whole lot of cheer into the start of the holiday season.

The Broncos released a former draft pick, cornerback Lorenzo Doss, on Thanksgiving for being late for a meeting, and practice hours later featured two skirmishes, including one with cornerback Chris Harris Jr. and rookie wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie.
For a franchise in turmoil, obviously a relatively inexpensive message from Elway to the team. They just would have fined Von Miller for the same thing. Difference between the star and the sub.

I don't know what the NFL CBA requires here. Does Doss get paid for the full season regardless?
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think its if the player was on the roster for week 1 their salary is guaranteed. But not sure if that applies to everyone or not.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Not a smart move being late for a meeting when you are an expendable player on a struggling team. No doubt Elway made an example of him.