Lorenzo Doss

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
AugWave
Swell

Aaaahhh Sader's just mad because.... never mind. lol

I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pullinmyhairout wrote:He is leaving for the NFL draft. Per his Twitter.
NFL receivers are going to throw him around like a wet wash cloth
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Not sure what he is thinking but I wish him luck. There is no shame in being a 5th rounder but I don't see it.
wave97
Swell

Lorenzo Doss, thank you! Get drafted early and have a long and prosperous career in the NFL.
Why is DB depth not a point of concern for this team going forward?
MicMan
Swell

Too bad Doss and others don't play like Marley.
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

As a fan I hope he goes as high as possible in the draft. This should help our recruiting.
wave to em
Surge

I think he is a very average CB, But hell I would leave too while I still had a little value, rather then stay at Tulane and lose every game because the offense cant score.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
greenphantom
Swell

Great post Sader. I'm not mad at him either. I just think he would be better served staying another year. If he ends up getting drafted in the 3rd round, I'll agree he made the right move but these early draft projections are woefully inaccurate and change considerably as the draft gets closer. He is probably getting some goodwill because he was pre-season All-American and because of his career # of INTs but he really struggled this year against better QBs and WRs. I don't agree that he packed it in but I do think he needs to improve his technique, especially as I don't think he has the speed or athletic ability to compensate for it. I hate seeing college players giving up college eligibility unless they are a sure thing and Doss is far from it. Once you get to the NFL, you don't get a whole lot of time to develop, even as a 3rd Rd pick. It's going to hurt if he falls to later rounds or doesn't get drafted and ends up as a career practice squad player.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sader makes some very valid points. I'd like to wish Doss well, and hope he succeeds, but he's only been playing the position 3 years, and got smoked often this season. I think he could use another year of LW coaching, building some bulk, and perfecting his technique. Hope he has a better career than Elpheage.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
waveclem
Surge

Mike Mayock (NFL analyst) on Doss, "He wouldn't tackle anybody, and I mean anybody." :lol:
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

waveclem wrote:Mike Mayock (NFL analyst) on Doss, "He wouldn't tackle anybody, and I mean anybody." :lol:
I wish him the best, but that is funny.
Jonathan
Riptide

Steve please move to another thread as he is not currently a student at Tulane. I hope that he goes in the 3rd round. Great player but he should have finished his senior year season at TU. His last junior year was a disaster !
Profoundwizard
Swell

Nobody going to mention that he ran pretty well? 4.5 forty.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote:Nobody going to mention that he ran pretty well? 4.5 forty.
Where'd u find that....how did he do comparatively?
RobertM320
Green Wave

waveclem wrote:Mike Mayock (NFL analyst) on Doss, "He wouldn't tackle anybody, and I mean anybody." :lol:
Oh good. So he can be drafted by the Saints and join the rest of their defense that can't tackle anyone.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDS15
Ripple

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He's 4th guy up about to run 40 on NFL Network right now.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:Nobody going to mention that he ran pretty well? 4.5 forty.
Where'd u find that....how did he do comparatively?
Fear the wave tweeted he finished 11th of 33 DB's
MicMan
Swell

If Saban's DBs can't play in the NFL, what makes anyone think Doss can?
dpm wave
Swell

I can't believe Terry Bradshaw wasted so many freakin' years players QB in the NFL and winning Superbowls. I mean, seriously, he went to LA Tech for chriminy sakes. Didn't anyone ever tell him that unless he went to an $ec that he couldn't play in the NFL.

And why the h3ll is Matt Forte wasting time with the Bears. He went to Tulane. He's wasting everyone's time.

waveclem
Surge

I posted this because like MBAwave said, it's funny. Also, it goes with the opinion of most educated posters on this board that Doss was holding back all year. I wish him the best though.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Maybe he was, but he had around the same amount of tackles this year as he had the previous two.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Not a great statement about our coaching staff. I have some nightmares about RBs running in the open field from this past season.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Our defensive coaches, DBs specifically have done an excellent job.
sader24
Tsunami

A coach cant make a guy tackle who is trying to prevent himself from getting hurt b/c he wants to enter the draft. It was abundantly clear all season that Doss had no interest in tackling anyone and his nearly immediate entrance into the draft only lends itself to the thought that it was intentional.