Lorenzo Doss

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

He is leaving for the NFL draft. Per his Twitter.

GreenGears
Low Tide

Lorenzo Doss is planning to forego his senior season and enter the NFL draft. This is why we cannot continuously make excuses about being "a young team".

https://twitter.com/lorenzo_doss

I hope he changes his mind. The defense could really use him next year.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I wish him luck but I think he's making a mistake. His draft status was hurt by this season. He needs to come back and have a great season to improve his draft status.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
cajunfanatico
Swell

winwave wrote:I wish him luck but I think he's making a mistake. His draft status was hurt by this season. He needs to come back and have a great season to improve his draft status.
I was thinking the same.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Jonathan
Riptide

Big mistake for him. He was promoted at the beginning of the season for certain honors but was terrible and had a disappointing year. Look at Tulane's record 3-9. We suck big time as for the last 5 decades or more. Fire Dickson,Conroy and CJ now. Also fire the two Prices a major embarrassment to Tulane.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Kushner doesn't seem to think his stock has dropped. Seems hard to believe.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Big mistake. Someone is giving him bad advice. Don't hire an agent! Doss junior year was a disappointment. Parry Nickerson is better than him. He better have some great workouts in front of the scouts or draft day will be very disappointing for Lorenzo.
chain gang x man
Swell

He could use another year learning from Speedy and he has to get stronger
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wish he had stayed. But it's not really unexpected. I hope he gets his degree one day. Good luck we will miss him.
Last edited by tpstulane on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Wish he had stayed. But it's not really unexpected. i believe he'll have his degree by May. Good luck we will miss him.
That would be impressive if Doss gets his degree in three years. He should still come back and have a strong senior year. It would definitely help his draft status.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Wish he had stayed. But it's not really unexpected. I hope he'll have his degree some day. Good luck we will miss him.
That would be impressive if Doss gets his degree in three years. He should still come back and have a strong senior year. It would definitely help his draft status.
My bad. I was thinking he redshirted at some point. That May degree may not be the case.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Profoundwizard wrote:Kushner doesn't seem to think his stock has dropped. Seems hard to believe.
Looked at a couple of draft projections and they are all projecting ~3rd round, in which case leaving is the right decision.
Eaglewave
Swell

Thanks for what you have done for Tulane football. Good luck in the pros Doss!
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:Big mistake. Someone is giving him bad advice. Don't hire an agent! Doss junior year was a disappointment. Parry Nickerson is better than him. He better have some great workouts in front of the scouts or draft day will be very disappointing for Lorenzo.
Doss is better than Nickerson and one of the best DB we have seen in years. However, I believe that he knew he was going to enter the draft this season and played the "Clowning" card. I think Doss played this season as safe as possible.
Ball Sumrall!
Profoundwizard
Swell

Getting burnt a lot was a real safe strategy.
Wavetime
Swell

He did a fine job for us and I wish him well. I think he could have used one more year, the Rutgers and Cincinnati showed that. Hope he does well.
sader24
Tsunami

He wasn't worth a sh*t this year. Couldn't tackle either. I see him 5th round at best. The slightly better competition made him look very average at CB.
sader24
Tsunami

He didn't do anything this year, just another guy on this team who thinks he's better than he is. I bet he falls to the 5th.
Jonathan
Riptide

I agree completely with Sader on Doss.
greenphantom
Swell

Huge mistake. His stock will likely drop once teams look closer at the film. I think he can play in the NFL but he could have used his senior year to improve. I bet he ends up going 5th round or later.
greenphantom
Swell

sader24 wrote:He wasn't worth a sh*t this year. Couldn't tackle either. I see him 5th round at best. The slightly better competition made him look very average at CB.
+1. He looked average in a pretty average conference. I hope he can make a roster but I think it will be an uphill battle.
Profoundwizard
Swell

People seem awfully mad about a guy that they don't think is any good leaving. I wish him luck, hope he lands somewhere where he can succeed. I didn't think he was very good this year either, but people who know more about the NFL draft than I do, seem to think he'll be ok as far as draft position. When you start bringing in some talent, on occasion some of them may leave early, it's going to happen. It will be a welcomed change if this happens more often.
MicMan
Swell

Hate to think a player would mail it in to protect his draft potential, but maybe I should wise up. Who was the last Greenie to declare before his final season?
sader24
Tsunami

I'm not mad about him leaving, I think that he thinks he's good to go is a symptom of a sickness that infected this team this year. If you go back a couple of months and look at some of my posts I talked about Doss in particular thinking he was an All-American and not putting in the work in the offseason to get better. His technique was bad this year, you could tell he was accustomed to getting away with bad technique against below average WR's last year and just letting his talent do the work. He flat out refused to tackle on many occasions this season. I tend to agree with the guy who said he probably mailed in the season and was protecting his body ala Clowney b/c he knew he was going into the draft. He made the decision less than a week after the last game. What does pi## me off is that he thinks he's that good. I thought he was that good before the season, I was sorely disappointed. I felt all year a lot of the guys on this team and more importantly this coaching staff really thought they were a hell of a lot better than they were. It goes back to how we mailed in Spring Practice and gave guys like Monroe off during Fall Practice b/c they didn't need it and the younger guys did even when Monroe was saying he was good to go. We went 7-6 against a horsesh*t schedule including losses to South Alabama, UTSA, Fla Atlantic, ULL, and Rice and we come out in Spring and Fall acting like we won the F'n Super Bowl. The entire program from top to bottom needs a reality check.
Eaglewave
Swell

sader24 wrote:I'm not mad about him leaving, I think that he thinks he's good to go is a symptom of a sickness that infected this team this year. If you go back a couple of months and look at some of my posts I talked about Doss in particular thinking he was an All-American and not putting in the work in the offseason to get better. His technique was bad this year, you could tell he was accustomed to getting away with bad technique against below average WR's last year and just letting his talent do the work. He flat out refused to tackle on many occasions this season. I tend to agree with the guy who said he probably mailed in the season and was protecting his body ala Clowney b/c he knew he was going into the draft. He made the decision less than a week after the last game. What does pi## me off is that he thinks he's that good. I thought he was that good before the season, I was sorely disappointed. I felt all year a lot of the guys on this team and more importantly this coaching staff really thought they were a hell of a lot better than they were. It goes back to how we mailed in Spring Practice and gave guys like Monroe off during Fall Practice b/c they didn't need it and the younger guys did even when Monroe was saying he was good to go. We went 7-6 against a horsesh*t schedule including losses to South Alabama, UTSA, Fla Atlantic, ULL, and Rice and we come out in Spring and Fall acting like we won the F'n Super Bowl. The entire program from top to bottom needs a reality check.

Good post. We acted like we played in the Sugar Bowl instead of the NOLA Bowl.
Ball Sumrall!