Bye Bye Payton Henson

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Profoundwizard
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:The data doesn't account for the difference in competition, I'll be shocked if Jarreau doesn't have a greater impact at Tulane than Henson did
Man this is some crazy level of group think.

As a matter of fact, many of the advanced metrics are normalized for competition, including the "Box plus/minus" I referenced.
These are the advanced stats that I see you've referenced in this thread: PER,TRB%,TS%, Win Shares, and Box Plus Minus.

TRB% and TS% are obviously not adjusted for opponents and I don't think PER is either. It's adjusted for pace and the league average but I don't think it takes into account your opponents. I think the same goes with Win shares and plus minus.

BTW, I don't know much about Jarreau but people seem to think he could still play in the NBA despite the fact that he hasn't produced much.

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jonathan
Riptide

I am happy to get rid of these players that have contributed nothing and bring in big boy mega recruits to take his place. Bring in six ten 240 pounds players with speed and great athleticism.!
Forever TU
Surge

These kids, especially Stark, played their tails off for us. Yes, they don't have the talent level we need but to kick them to the curb as you constantly do is pathetic.
Pepper
Swell

Jonathan wrote:I am happy to get rid of these players that have contributed nothing and bring in big boy mega recruits to take his place. Bring in six ten 240 pounds players with speed and great athleticism.!
I would be happy to throat punch you.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I'm glad we are replacing outgoing personnel with far better talent. I just hope it was 100% Henson's decision to leave. Good Luck to him and all former Greenies. It's time for Conroy to put an end to all the attrition and keep his team together for more than one year.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:We heard this over the weekend. Here they are moving out Sunday.
Roommates Payton and Josh.
Looks like they will continue to be roommates only at Vermont.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Best of luck to him and his family....I understand Vermont is a beautiful place to live
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:You don't get to ask a question and then dictate how it will be answered. Henson was developing and was understanding what his game is. We all get what we hope Jarreau will be but he's been in college 4 years and hasn't done it. We already have Blake Paul who should fill that role. So Henson.
I thought you'd pick Henson. Glad you're on the record now.
Bump.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.