Ken Berthelot

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

daughter Michelle, Miss Louisiana 2008, and her husband Dean will be starring in an episode of "Mississippi River Sharks" on the SYFY network tonight ( 7-31-17) at 7PM central time

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I re-read several post regarding Ken...Sader posted he was brutal to listen to, the first rule of radio broadcasting is to give the listener what it is like to "be there"..well the play on field was brutal, so in that respect Ken did his job very well....The most important thing Ken accomplished ...he actually had station carrying Tulane football..from Tallahassee to Beaumont, from NOLA to Shreveport and into Memphis and Montgomery Ala, Tulane had stations carrying it's games something the current broadcasting crew has not come close to duplicating. Besides, having a daughter that was Miss Louisiana, should qualify him for the Tulane HOF !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I spoke with Ken today...I did not realize he was on the Tulane HOF Committee !!! Ken told me he had to make an impassioned presentation to get the 1970 Liberty Bowl team to be inducted this year. I have e mailed Troy asking that someone in the Tulane SID department contact the Memphis Commercial Appeal so the front page Headline "Those Little Green Men, Were Out Of This World' could be reproduced and given out...and FYI, that was the front page headline, not the front page of the sports section ....I hope to see Ken at the end of the month and play a little Golf
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:I spoke with Ken today...I did not realize he was on the Tulane HOF Committee !!! Ken told me he had to make an impassioned presentation to get the 1970 Liberty Bowl team to be inducted this year. I have e mailed Troy asking that someone in the Tulane SID department contact the Memphis Commercial Appeal so the front page Headline "Those Little Green Men, Were Out Of This World' could be reproduced and given out...and FYI, that was the front page headline, not the front page of the sports section ....I hope to see Ken at the end of the month and play a little Golf
Did not know he was on that committee. Check your PM
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:I spoke with Ken today...I did not realize he was on the Tulane HOF Committee !!! Ken told me he had to make an impassioned presentation to get the 1970 Liberty Bowl team to be inducted this year. I have e mailed Troy asking that someone in the Tulane SID department contact the Memphis Commercial Appeal so the front page Headline "Those Little Green Men, Were Out Of This World' could be reproduced and given out...and FYI, that was the front page headline, not the front page of the sports section ....I hope to see Ken at the end of the month and play a little Golf

I received an e mail from TD, he is going to pursue the Memphis Commercial Appeal, to reprint or give him the rights to reprint so they can be given at least to the Players....TPS...I sent you an e mail regarding the HOF and Mr Shelley
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

I received an e mail from TD, he is going to pursue the Memphis Commercial Appeal, to reprint or give him the rights to reprint so they can be given at least to the Players....TPS...I sent you an e mail regarding the HOF and Mr Shelley
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

My favorite Kenism "it's a high wobbily punt." Yes pronounced wobbily.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote:My favorite Kenism "it's a high wobbily punt." Yes pronounced wobbily.
somewhat like "That wascally wabbit"
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jaxwave wrote:My favorite Kenism "it's a high wobbily punt." Yes pronounced wobbily.
Unfortunately, over the years we had way too many of those, when we got it off at all.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
Unfortunately, over the years we had way too many of those, when we got it off at all.
very few times did we hear the word 'spiral' when describing a Tulane punt... I think, Ed Daniels, yes that Ed Daniels, is on the Tulane HOF committee