Dylan O

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Osetkowski has the 4th highest mins on the team. 21.3 per game. That's all that matters. Smith has 11 mins a game. If you're in the top 5 in minutes you are no different than a starter in basketball. He gets in foul trouble that's why he usually doesn't start. We need him in the game more at the end. He has done better coming off the bench than starting so far.
He's been substituted out a number of times in crunch time in games that I've seen. Managing the lineup and player rotations seem to be a clear weak spot for Conroy.
He gets substituted out to give fouls, or get quicker players in the lineup to apply pressure.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'll add that no player plays 40 minutes. As a freshman you'd expect 30-32 minutes max.

Some have speculated him being moved to PF next year. That would be a huge mistake. He is a center. he's a banger which this program has long needed. Yes he's hit a few threes but when he's missed they are way off. He hasn't demonstrated any type of mid range shot. They need to continue to develop his skills around the goal. To do otherwise will be a detriment to the program.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:I'll add that no player plays 40 minutes. As a freshman you'd expect 30-32 minutes max.

Some have speculated him being moved to PF next year. That would be a huge mistake. He is a center. he's a banger which this program has long needed. Yes he's hit a few threes but when he's missed they are way off. He hasn't demonstrated any type of mid range shot. They need to continue to develop his skills around the goal. To do otherwise will be a detriment to the program.
I used 40 min to get a fair avg since he's been playing 21.3 mins. Start complaining now because he's going to the 4 spot next year if these big freshman are any good in the post.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

I don't really think it matters what position he plays, especially in our offense. The Center and power forward don't really have different roles here offensively.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:I don't really think it matters what position he plays, especially in our offense. The Center and power forward don't really have different roles here offensively.
Right. We need a big guy more in the paint for defense.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He is the big guy in the paint and that's where he needs to be. Other teams have quickly learned that he'll rough them up if they come his way. On offense he needs to be near the goal not on the wing. Of course if this coach stays it doesn't really matter.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Started today comes out with 12 mins left four fouls already.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just fouled out with 5:42 remaining.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Started today comes out with 12 mins left four fouls already.
Pathetic post. Only worried about being right. How about the fact that the ref's have called several tickets tack fouls on him .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
Pathetic post. Only worried about being right. How about the fact that the ref's have called several tickets tack fouls on him .
Wrong I'm sitting on the court and the refs are letting them kill each other.
Every guy in the game for us now has only one foul a piece. Big O is too small to play the post. He's a 4. Pitiful effort today by all in green.
Last edited by tpstulane on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

Agree with Tps--physical game allowed by refs and we are not physical.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:Agree with Tps--physical game allowed by refs and we are not physical.
Bingo
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
Wrong I'm sitting on the court and the refs are letting them kill each other.
Every guy in the game for us now has only one foul a piece. Big O is too small to play the post. He's a 4.
BS. How about that EC offense?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I like Big O but he's being forced to play out of position because we have no legit post player.
In this league you are going to need a bigger post player with long arms. We just can't score in the paint.
Last edited by tpstulane on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's a center. Moronic to think he's a 4.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

He is absolutely a pure post player. He's too small for the next level but he'll be an outstanding college player
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:He's a center. Moronic to think he's a 4.
Yes Only at Tulane. He'll foul out too much playing the post. He can't defend against 6'11 guys in this league.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
Yes Only at Tulane. He'll foul out too much playing the post. He can't defend against 6'11 guys in this league.
Wrong as usual. Pathetic to bash a good young man when we just got embarrassed in every way. But you'd rather try and divert attention from EC' horrid coaching than talk about real issues.
swampnik
Surge

He's a frosh. REason to think he may add on an inch or two. His big bro is 6'11"" at Columbia.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wrong as usual. Pathetic to bash a good young man when we just got embarrassed in every way. But you'd rather try and divert attention from EC' horrid coaching than talk about real issues.
You're wrong as usual like I said he's undersized and is prone to fouling. Next year he'll play the four spot where he belongs naturally at 6'8"".
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
You're wrong as usual like I said he's undersized and is prone to fouling. Next year he'll play the four spot where he belongs naturally at 6'8"".
Wrong again. 6'9''. Unlike you glad we got him. Hope we don't bring back your offensive genius for a coach. But you don't want to talk about that.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wrong again. 6'9''. Unlike you glad we got him. Hope we don't bring back your offensive genius for a coach. But you don't want to talk about that.
Look I like him. He's got the beef but lacks the wing span. That's all.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Does anyone know if Dylan had to sit for a year after his transfer to UT? I've watched a couple games (including last night's upset win over #9 Okla St) and have never seen him on the bench. Looking at the team stats, it doesn't appear he has a single minute of playing time this year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:Does anyone know if Dylan had to sit for a year after his transfer to UT? I've watched a couple games (including last night's upset win over #9 Okla St) and have never seen him on the bench. Looking at the team stats, it doesn't appear he has a single minute of playing time this year.
Of course he's sitting out a year. If you want to watch some of our transfers, I believe University of Vermont has two playing significant minutes.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:Does anyone know if Dylan had to sit for a year after his transfer to UT? I've watched a couple games (including last night's upset win over #9 Okla St) and have never seen him on the bench. Looking at the team stats, it doesn't appear he has a single minute of playing time this year.
Yes he had to sit out as a transfer. (Thought you deserved a nice response rather than a condescending one.) Henson doing better for Vermont than Jarreau ever did for us. Though he appears to be out injured now. Stark is playing well at Murray State.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.