Perry Clark

Jonathan
Riptide

Perry Clark

Postby Jonathan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Has anyone spoken to Perry Clark since he was fired at that Texas school and hired as an assistant coach at the University of South Carolina a few years ago? What ever happen to his former assistant at Tulane Julius Smith?

Show Me
Riptide

Re: Perry Clark

Postby Show Me » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:05 pm

Jonathan wrote:Has anyone spoken to Perry Clark since he was fired at that Texas school and hired as an assistant coach at the University of South Carolina a few years ago?

His kids. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheesefries
Low Tide

Perry Clark

Postby cheesefries » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Perry talking about his days at Tulane

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/ ... and_f.html

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Postby tpstulane » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:46 am

Nice catchup piece on Perry. Now assistant coach at S Carolina who just upset Duke in the 2nd Round.
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... e_home_pop

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

DfromCT
Tsunami

Postby DfromCT » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:06 am

tpstulane wrote:Nice catchup piece on Perry. Now assistant coach at S Carolina who just upset Duke in the 2nd Round.
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... e_home_pop

If you watched the game, Perry sat at the seat closest to the scorer's table. Martin, the SC coach didn't sit the whole game!

Nice read.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

JerseyWave
Riptide

Postby JerseyWave » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 pm

How bout the irony....South Carolina is Dunleavy's alma mater and Clark will always have a special bond with Tulane basketball.

DfromCT
Tsunami

Postby DfromCT » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:57 pm

JerseyWave wrote:How bout the irony....South Carolina is Dunleavy's alma mater and Clark will always have a special bond with Tulane basketball.

And his son Mike Jr went to Duke, yet he wasn't at the game. He was watching Villanova in another bracket become the first #1 seed knocked out! His son Baker is the Associate Head Coach at Villanova. Baker is a 'Nova alum.

The big G/F for Carolina, Sindarious Thornwell was a beast. I thought going into that game that Jason Tatum (Duke Freshman forward) had become the best player in the college game. Thornwell, 3 time SEC defensive player of the year and reigning SEC Player of the Year put on a clinic. What a player Thornwell is, even though in a couple of years I think Tatum will be a better pro. It was a very well played game by SC, I wish the referees had let them play a bit more as the whistles every 20 seconds made it a very long game and gave it little flow. Hats off to the Gamecocks.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Postby tpstulane » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:54 am

Congrats to Perry on getting through to the Elite 8 as SC crushed Baylor 70-50

Tulane Class of 1981

lurker123
Swell

Postby lurker123 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:41 am

DfromCT wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:How bout the irony....South Carolina is Dunleavy's alma mater and Clark will always have a special bond with Tulane basketball.

And his son Mike Jr went to Duke, yet he wasn't at the game. He was watching Villanova in another bracket become the first #1 seed knocked out! His son Baker is the Associate Head Coach at Villanova. Baker is a 'Nova alum.

The big G/F for Carolina, Sindarious Thornwell was a beast. I thought going into that game that Jason Tatum (Duke Freshman forward) had become the best player in the college game. Thornwell, 3 time SEC defensive player of the year and reigning SEC Player of the Year put on a clinic. What a player Thornwell is, even though in a couple of years I think Tatum will be a better pro. It was a very well played game by SC, I wish the referees had let them play a bit more as the whistles every 20 seconds made it a very long game and gave it little flow. Hats off to the Gamecocks.

And Hats off to the Gators with ex-Jesuit alum Mike White who ahem also has a certain connection to Tulane. With the rain in the forecast we might as well play that ever popular game on this site, "Tulane Woulda Coulda Shoulda."

I'll start. There was no way RD was ever going to bring back Perry or the son of a predecessor even if they would work for free.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Postby tpstulane » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Congrats Perry on landing your first final four!
Go Cocks!!

Tulane Class of 1981