Orleans Darkwa

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'd be happy with that. Hope it happens. Would like to see if we could get Kelley from the Redskins now that they have Guice. He really fits the saints mold.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
dpm wave
Swell

Kelley is under contract until the end of the season.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Right. I'm talking about a trade. With all the RB's they have they might take a 7th rounder for him.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
dpm wave
Swell

NO just drafted B. Scott in the 6th and have already traded away next year's first rounder. They also happen to like J. Williams a lot and also have Edmunds. Doubt seriously they go after someone that's not a FA. Alfred Morris, DeMarco Murray and Doug Martin are all available in addition to Darkwa.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Kelley is a proven commodity and with Ingram out for 4 games and the fact that they feel this is a potential Super Bowl year they may find it worth it.
dpm wave
Swell

Doug Martin has over 5000 yds from scrimmage.
Darkwa has over 1000.
Both backs are "proven" more so than Kelley (about 800 total NFL career yards). Both can be had for the same amount salary/cap hit wise than kelley. Neither require giving up a pick. I don't think Mickey Loomis has the same thought process as you guys.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As I said above I think Kelley fits the Saints offense better than Darkwa. Then there's the fact that Darkwa's been in the league twice as long so his stats aren't better than Kelley's. Kelley has over 9oo yards. As for Martin he's been in the league for 6 years. He had 2 good years and 4 not so hot years. Then there's the fact that he signed with the Raiders.
Profoundwizard
Swell

How does Kelley fit the Saints offense better?
I’d have to agree that a trade for him is highly unlikely.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

First off I never said it's likely. I just said I'd like it to happen. Kelley is a better all around back. He can run it inside and out and catch the ball out of the backfield. I watched each one of their games at Tulane and I go to all Saints home games and watch all of their other games and that's the way I see it.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:04 pm First off I never said it's likely. I just said I'd like it to happen. Kelley is a better all around back. He can run it inside and out and catch the ball out of the backfield. I watched each one of their games at Tulane and I go to all Saints home games and watch all of their other games and that's the way I see it.
I agree.
IM42lane
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:22 pm As I said above I think Kelley fits the Saints offense better than Darkwa. Then there's the fact that Darkwa's been in the league twice as long so his stats aren't better than Kelley's. Kelley has over 9oo yards. As for Martin he's been in the league for 6 years. He had 2 good years and 4 not so hot years. Then there's the fact that he signed with the Raiders.
Any thoughts about MATT FORTE' coming out of retirement?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wouldn't that be something. Unfortunately playing with all those bad teams seems to have taken a toll on his body.
IM42lane
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:52 am
Wouldn't that be something. Unfortunately playing with all those bad teams seems to have taken a toll on his body.
How hurt is he after playing 10 years of RB in the NFL? Does he still live in Chicago?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
GreenLantern
Riptide

Speaking of people that look as though they could still be playing: A couple weeks ago I was running a TrackMan station during the Zurich Pro Am.... telling people where to stand, videoing their swing, giving them the radar results, etc. Along came Reggie Bush to the tee. HOLY CRAP! This guy looks as if he could walk through brick walls. His arms look like Arnold Schwarzenegger's during his Mr. Olympia years. I don't know if Reggie has taken up roid-assisted body building since his retirement, but he looks as if he could play for someone. BTW...after seeing his TrackMan stats, I can attest to the fact that he is in no danger of pursuing a career in professional golf.