RB Nigel Anderson

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
lano
Ripple

Rated 3 stars by 247sports, yahoo sports and scout, and has offers from East Carolina, Southern Miss, Arizona State, Washington State, Western Kentucky, LA Tech, ULL, and South Alabama. Runs a 4.42 according to yahoo sports. Ranked as the 53rd best player in Louisiana, he's our highest ranked recruit of this class so far.

http://247sports.com/Player/Nigel-Anderson-41057
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... id=7389513
https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecrui ... son-158251
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3190607/nigel-anderson

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

A CJ recruit
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

Nobody can dispute the recruiting, some do but they don't know what they are talking about. The staff needs a shakeup.
Jonathan
Riptide

Great recruit now with Badie and Hilliard. I hope that we can keep him to signing day unlike the Newman running back and his dad that used and abused Tulane
sader24
Tsunami

Jesus Jonathan, I wonder how many High School Juniors that aren't football players think they want to go to one school and then change their minds several times until they finally decide where they want to go. The kid committed, got a better offer and took it. I'm sure many people do the same with job offers in their lives. Until he signs on the dotted line it doesn't mean anything. Coaches sign kids all the time and then leave the next year leaving them screwed over. It's up to the kid and his family to decide where they fit best.
JerseyWave
Riptide

This staff better be doing some serious recruiting for a kicker. They've failed so far to sign one.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We need linemen on both sides of the ball.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:This staff better be doing some serious recruiting for a kicker. They've failed so far to sign one.

This x 1000!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Solid signing!
Jonathan
Riptide

He and his dad committed early in his junior year to Tulane from Newman looking to a $200,000 four year quality education at a top 52 ranked university. Then they dumped us for Kansas ,sorry Nebraska what is the difference, with a lowly academic program in the middle of a hayfield with a terrible football program. If he does not get into the NFL after college he will be bagging groceries at Rouses in my humble opinion! When I give my word verbally, it is a firm commitment. In these times and generation I guess a man's word is not his bond!
Last edited by Jonathan on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greenphantom
Swell

Bussey dumped us for Nebraska, not Kansas. While i don't like decommits, at least he decommitted early so I don't really harbor any ill feelings. I hold a grudge against the ones that decommit at the last minute. Hope we hold on to Anderson as it looks like he could be a very good back in college.
TXWave88
Surge

I agree with phantom. A kid that is growing up right now in Louisiana is probably dreaming of playing college ball at LSU, Bama, or similar schools. If a Louisiana player commits to another Louisiana school, but then LSU/Bama comes in and offers him a scholarship, I really have no problem with a kid changing his commitment. That is reality. It is like winning on a game show. If you are on the price is right and you win the smallest KIA, but then later in the show they tell you can take the fancy Mercedes home, who is still taking the KIA? Nothing against the KIA but that is reality. We may not be a KIA, but we are not a luxury car right now. Let's hear arguments against that.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:Nobody can dispute the recruiting, some do but they don't know what they are talking about. The staff needs a shakeup.
With a caveat that we have been unable to land the 4/5 star guys and that goes back to facilities. Would Malachi Dupre have come to Tulane if we had an IPF/Facilities instead of an OCS? No one can know.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

TXWave88 wrote:I agree with phantom. A kid that is growing up right now in Louisiana is probably dreaming of playing college ball at LSU, Bama, or similar schools. If a Louisiana player commits to another Louisiana school, but then LSU/Bama comes in and offers him a scholarship, I really have no problem with a kid changing his commitment. That is reality. It is like winning on a game show. If you are on the price is right and you win the smallest KIA, but then later in the show they tell you can take the fancy Mercedes home, who is still taking the KIA? Nothing against the KIA but that is reality. We may not be a KIA, but we are not a luxury car right now. Let's hear arguments against that.
No argument against that. The argument is, why are people so in support of a strategy that aims for us to be a KIA forever?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
sader24 wrote:Nobody can dispute the recruiting, some do but they don't know what they are talking about. The staff needs a shakeup.
With a caveat that we have been unable to land the 4/5 star guys and that goes back to facilities. Would Malachi Dupre have come to Tulane if we had an IPF/Facilities instead of an OCS? No one can know.
The answer is no. What G5's are landing that sort of elite talent? I will answer that one as well, none.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
The answer is no. What G5's are landing that sort of elite talent? I will answer that one as well, none.
Saying that as if it's a fact is unfair. For starters, Houston has recruited a 5 star WR.

Which G5's have coaches who have recruited multiple NFL HOFers, both guys who were highly rated coming out (Faulk, Wayne) and guys with no offers (Ed Reed)? Which G5's have 5 star recruits hanging out at their practice and Tweeting "shout outs" to their program? How many G5's have a 5-star WR with family ties to the football program? The answer to those questions is also "none".

It's that kind of attitude that keeps Tulane in the dumps. No successful people think like that, and CJ certainly didn't recruit them because he didn't think it was possible.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Saying that as if it's a fact is unfair. For starters, Houston has recruited a 5 star WR.

Which G5's have coaches who have recruited multiple NFL HOFers, both guys who were highly rated coming out (Faulk, Wayne) and guys with no offers (Ed Reed)? Which G5's have 5 star recruits hanging out at their practice and Tweeting "shout outs" to their program? How many G5's have a 5-star WR with family ties to the football program? The answer to those questions is also "none".

It's that kind of attitude that keeps Tulane in the dumps. No successful people think like that, and CJ certainly didn't recruit them because he didn't think it was possible.
Jonathan,

I believe that he meant that G5 schools cannot recruit classes that regularly have multiple 4 star recruits, as 4/5 Star players want to go to legendary programs, whether the legend comes from history, like LSU/Texas, or from modern relevance, like Baylor/Texas AM. Yes, Houston had a 5 star recruit, Cincinnati has a 5 star QB, and Tulane has recruited a 4 star athlete from time to time, but that doesn't make it any less rare of an occurrence.

Slightly off topic, but Baylor and Wake Forest, in my opinion, are the most fortunate private P5 schools in all of the P5 conferences - those two programs do not add much to their conferences once you take away wins/losses (Vandy at least adds a metropolitan area and AAU status, as does Northwestern), and that's in sharp contrast to private schools like Stanford, TCU, USC, Miami, etc. that each add a lot to their conferences. However, if Baylor and Wake Forest can become members of a P5, even if they made it in because they were at the right place at the right time, Tulane can too as it can add more to a conference than those two programs (recruiting, metropolitan area, AAU member/brand). The primary issue facing Tulane is the investment.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane has a head coach that has in the past projected talent that otherwise went overlooked. That is what we should expect from CJ. Landing a 4 or 5 star kids is always going to be rare.
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Tulane has a head coach that has in the past projected talent that otherwise went overlooked. That is what we should expect from CJ. Landing a 4 or 5 star kids is always going to be rare.
Agree
And that's how a lot of programs built themselves up.
But we do need to get legit 3 star players as the norm.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow. James Smith of the TP went over the top praising CJ. Look Here!
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... tment.html
Tulane is building their program off of local talent with the majority of signed prospects during the Curtis Johnson era coming from the Greater New Orleans area. As a result, most prospects know multiple players on the team and Anderson has a trio of former teammates he can connect with.

"I know a lot of kids on the team," he said. "Guys like Darren Williams, Debo (Darion Monroe) and Leonard Davis all went to East St John. That's pretty cool.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Wow. James Smith of the TP went over the top praising CJ. Look Here!
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... tment.html
Tulane is building their program off of local talent with the majority of signed prospects during the Curtis Johnson era coming from the Greater New Orleans area. As a result, most prospects know multiple players on the team and Anderson has a trio of former teammates he can connect with.

"I know a lot of kids on the team," he said. "Guys like Darren Williams, Debo (Darion Monroe) and Leonard Davis all went to East St John. That's pretty cool.
That nice to hear. I am really starting to wonder whether pursuing the Saints offense is hurting the program. Yes Lee is a huge talent but I don;t think the area talent pool fits the Saints, though I am no expert. In particular, we will never get the big time OL prospects and need a more mobile QB or we will see injuries every year. More of a run and shoot or duel threat QB seems like the better long term fit for TU (King anyone?). I could clearly be wrong but what I worry is that CJ doesn't have true ownership as he feels obligated to the admin and the Saints for an opportunity he never thought he would get, this is pure speculation based on the Price situation and lack of adjustments. Maybe I am reaching but I stick with the premise that the talent around NOLA/LA fits a more dynamic offense than what we run and the line play will never support a standard pocket passer.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

JJ, be realistic.

Less than 10 (and I think it's closer to 5) 4 and 5 star recruits went to non-P5 Universities. And there's many in the G5 that are more attractive to recruits than Tulane. So, with 65-70 going after that small handful that may consider a non-P5, how many do you expect we'll get? If the stadium were 40-50k (and rarely, if ever more than half full) would that be a significant change? Keep in mind there's plenty of G5 programs that fill their 40-50k stadiums, are in as good a conference, and have won meaningful games in the recruits lifetime.

If we keep getting the 3* kids, and those gems in the rough that CJ is known for, all we need is to have coordinators that can manage the game successfully, and let CJ be a HC that doesn't make too many game day decisions. It's great that CJ can recruit, but his game day coaching is preventing us from being competitive against a stepped up level of competition. And the more we lose the less likely it will be to get 4 or even 3 star recruits regularly.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

4 star...5 star... wow a bunch of BS... hell Texas has had 4 / 5 star recruits and cannot win...Hell even TCU beats them and even more Hell, Iowa State and Kansas had them on the ropes the last few years, BYU has beat them like a worn out drum, .. give me twenty, 3 star recruits every year, with something to prove and the correct O and D schemes and U have a top 25 program every year .. U need look no further than ECU, TCU, UCF, BYU, BSU, CSU throw in Utah State, No. Illinois, Rutgers none of these programs land multiple 4 and 5 star recruits with each recruiting class..but they have schemes that work on each side of the ball and with Coach's that are COLLEGE football savy, not this Pro krap that is being forced fed at Tulane..just ask Steve Superior how different the Pro and College games are
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:just ask Steve Superior how different the Pro and College games are
Bada Bing ... Nick Satan? Bobby Peterino?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.