Andy Cannizaro

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17552
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:57 pm

RollWaveRoll wrote:I would absolutely love it if we could see the skeletons in the closets of the few posters on here passing judgement on Andy Cannizaro. He made a mistake and he'll have to live with it forever, his just happen to be public. Just keep all the parties involved in your thoughts and prayers. I feel terrible for Gaut, he was innocent. But he'll be fine, he's had dozens of offers from what i've heard over the last couple years.
Well said RWR. Hopefully things work out for all parties involved. Good point on Gaut. He left a nice job and probably took a pay cut just to get back into coaching. Both Tulane Hall of Famers affected there.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Hmm, generally simply having an affair would not be "cause" for termination of an employment contract. Recall, Arizona will pay RR's buyout. It will be interesting to learn the full facts of Andy's firing.
True. But if it was mutual consent and she was a subordinate to him at work that could be the problem. However I don’t know what her position was at Miss St. during the allegations.
True, but many people divorce there spouses to marry co-workers with zero employment consequences, i.e. Joe Scarborough & Mike Brzezinski. We still need to know a lot more for what this is really all about. Very few, if any, attorneys would recommend signing an employment contract with a "morality clause" allowing for termination for any moral indiscretion. Under such an agreement almost anything could constitute "cause" and place the employer in a position to end the contract with no consequences to it when the true reason for the termination was instead a non-cause ground such as wins & losses.
If I could just lighten this up a bit here...I realize spellcheck didn't work for Wave755; but, if Joe Scarborough married Mike Brzezinski, that would make Brzezinski MIKE SCARBOROUGH, the big LS&U recruiting guru!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1557
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:05 pm

RollWaveRoll wrote:I would absolutely love it if we could see the skeletons in the closets of the few posters on here passing judgement on Andy Cannizaro. He made a mistake and he'll have to live with it forever, his just happen to be public. Just keep all the parties involved in your thoughts and prayers. I feel terrible for Gaut, he was innocent. But he'll be fine, he's had dozens of offers from what i've heard over the last couple years.
Keep my Tanner Lee Love Doll out of this :).
DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:28 pm

tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:Yes, he wasn't going to get paid anything if he was fired, so they gave him a more "honorable" way out and he resigned.

Yes, it is generally good policy to NOT go with coach that Tulane insiders are pushing - they are worse than Dickson at picking coaches. On this rare occasion I agreed with the insiders - thankfully TD knew better.
Insiders also pushed Matt Riser. You can also assume had Andy been here he never meets up with her. So you’ll never know.
Jury still out on TJ.
Here’s what we do have. Two losing seasons in football, one in basketball going on probable 2, one in baseball (jury still out this early), one in WBB, one in W Golf, and one in Volleyball now.
The insiders wanted AC - and so did I; they didn't want Riser (although they would have preferred him to TJ). I also found it interesting, if not a bit surprising, that no Pierce assistant was even considered or appeared to want consideration.
How TD handles women's golf and women's basketball will be insightful. Women's golf should be easy; women's basketball will be a problem.
Volleyball was terrible this year - don't understand the tanking; I'm fine with football; baseball and basketball (playing terribly but just still think) are iffy.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11916
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:42 pm

RollWaveRoll wrote:I would absolutely love it if we could see the skeletons in the closets of the few posters on here passing judgement on Andy Cannizaro. He made a mistake and he'll have to live with it forever, his just happen to be public. Just keep all the parties involved in your thoughts and prayers. I feel terrible for Gaut, he was innocent. But he'll be fine, he's had dozens of offers from what i've heard over the last couple years.
Every one makes mistakes. This though is a despicable act that he committed. You'd had to search a lot of closets to find someone who did what he did.Everyone does not commit adultery. Everyone does not commit adultery on their pregnant wife. He also committed adultery with a married woman thus affecting another family. Again not something that everyone does. You and others can try and turn it around all you want but he brought this on himself. His link to Tulane makes him a topic here that all are going to discuss.
Find A Way!
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 pm

winwave wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:I would absolutely love it if we could see the skeletons in the closets of the few posters on here passing judgement on Andy Cannizaro. He made a mistake and he'll have to live with it forever, his just happen to be public. Just keep all the parties involved in your thoughts and prayers. I feel terrible for Gaut, he was innocent. But he'll be fine, he's had dozens of offers from what i've heard over the last couple years.
Every one makes mistakes. This though is a despicable act that he committed. You'd had to search a lot of closets to find someone who did what he did.Everyone does not commit adultery. Everyone does not commit adultery on their pregnant wife. He also committed adultery with a married woman thus affecting another family. Again not something that everyone does. You and others can try and turn it around all you want but he brought this on himself. His link to Tulane makes him a topic here that all are going to discuss.
This.
User avatar
Bigschtick
Swell
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Southern California
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:05 pm

I feel sorry for the man and his family. Mistakes and poor judgement potentially ruining his career and family
Life. So very sad really.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11916
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:51 pm

Find A Way!
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1076
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:46 pm

winwave wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:I would absolutely love it if we could see the skeletons in the closets of the few posters on here passing judgement on Andy Cannizaro. He made a mistake and he'll have to live with it forever, his just happen to be public. Just keep all the parties involved in your thoughts and prayers. I feel terrible for Gaut, he was innocent. But he'll be fine, he's had dozens of offers from what i've heard over the last couple years.
Every one makes mistakes. This though is a despicable act that he committed. You'd had to search a lot of closets to find someone who did what he did.Everyone does not commit adultery. Everyone does not commit adultery on their pregnant wife. He also committed adultery with a married woman thus affecting another family. Again not something that everyone does. You and others can try and turn it around all you want but he brought this on himself. His link to Tulane makes him a topic here that all are going to discuss.
Didn't take you for such a prude.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2747
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:18 am

Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:I would absolutely love it if we could see the skeletons in the closets of the few posters on here passing judgement on Andy Cannizaro. He made a mistake and he'll have to live with it forever, his just happen to be public. Just keep all the parties involved in your thoughts and prayers. I feel terrible for Gaut, he was innocent. But he'll be fine, he's had dozens of offers from what i've heard over the last couple years.
Every one makes mistakes. This though is a despicable act that he committed. You'd had to search a lot of closets to find someone who did what he did.Everyone does not commit adultery. Everyone does not commit adultery on their pregnant wife. He also committed adultery with a married woman thus affecting another family. Again not something that everyone does. You and others can try and turn it around all you want but he brought this on himself. His link to Tulane makes him a topic here that all are going to discuss.
Didn't take you for such a prude.
Agree. Holy Roller or Choir Boy should be his screen name. Who knew?
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11916
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:28 am

Show Me wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:I would absolutely love it if we could see the skeletons in the closets of the few posters on here passing judgement on Andy Cannizaro. He made a mistake and he'll have to live with it forever, his just happen to be public. Just keep all the parties involved in your thoughts and prayers. I feel terrible for Gaut, he was innocent. But he'll be fine, he's had dozens of offers from what i've heard over the last couple years.
Every one makes mistakes. This though is a despicable act that he committed. You'd had to search a lot of closets to find someone who did what he did.Everyone does not commit adultery. Everyone does not commit adultery on their pregnant wife. He also committed adultery with a married woman thus affecting another family. Again not something that everyone does. You and others can try and turn it around all you want but he brought this on himself. His link to Tulane makes him a topic here that all are going to discuss.
Didn't take you for such a prude.
Agree. Holy Roller or Choir Boy should be his screen name. Who knew?
Those responses let everyone here know what low life's you are.
Find A Way!
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1557
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:34 am

Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:I would absolutely love it if we could see the skeletons in the closets of the few posters on here passing judgement on Andy Cannizaro. He made a mistake and he'll have to live with it forever, his just happen to be public. Just keep all the parties involved in your thoughts and prayers. I feel terrible for Gaut, he was innocent. But he'll be fine, he's had dozens of offers from what i've heard over the last couple years.
Every one makes mistakes. This though is a despicable act that he committed. You'd had to search a lot of closets to find someone who did what he did.Everyone does not commit adultery. Everyone does not commit adultery on their pregnant wife. He also committed adultery with a married woman thus affecting another family. Again not something that everyone does. You and others can try and turn it around all you want but he brought this on himself. His link to Tulane makes him a topic here that all are going to discuss.
Didn't take you for such a prude.
So staying faithful to your wife and family is being a prude? LOL.

I’m sure more details will emerge but it sounded like it wasn’t just the affair. He was having the affair using MSU dollars. I hope his family and others forgive him at some point but I can understand why some are taking the moral high ground.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2747
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:27 am

RIP Billy Graham. There all is well.
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5426
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:13 am

He didn’t do anything a ton of other coaches haven’t done and are doing. Stupidly he did it with a boosters daughter in law and from what I can gather lied about it to his Athletic Director and did it while his wife is pregnant. What he did was stupid, but we don’t know what his relationship is with his wife. People do stupid things all the time. It sounds more than anything what he did was stupid and reckless. I don’t think it makes him the antichrist though. He screwed up and prob deserved to be fired, but anyone getting all judgemental on him as a despicable human being is a little too holier than thou than they should be.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5144
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:35 am

sader24 wrote:He didn’t do anything a ton of other coaches haven’t done and are doing. Stupidly he did it with a boosters daughter in law and from what I can gather lied about it to his Athletic Director and did it while his wife is pregnant. What he did was stupid, but we don’t know what his relationship is with his wife. People do stupid things all the time. It sounds more than anything what he did was stupid and reckless. I don’t think it makes him the antichrist though. He screwed up and prob deserved to be fired, but anyone getting all judgemental on him as a despicable human being is a little too holier than thou than they should be.
I just don't understand how one is being "holier than thou" when criticizing a guy who not only cheated on his pregnant wife but (apparently) did it with an employee who was beneath him, thus directly effecting the lives of literally 100's of people. I cannot recall many coaches cheating on their pregnant wives, it's just so low. She is now carrying his child all while knowing he has been out and about banging other women, that has to be so tough.
Simple question, in what scenario is one allowed to criticize the deplorable actions of others in a prominent, public, highly paid position? Does he need to beat a women? Maybe sexually abuse an employee? I just want to know the lay of the land for future comments.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7539
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:43 am

we all make mistakes, some mistakes are larger than others...and while my ass is not in Church each Sunday, ( I was reared a Christian and have zero ill will to others beliefs ) I was brought up to belief God is a forgiving God and thru the forgiving of sins comes strength.... I wish Andy, Gods forgiveness...I wish his Wife and Family the strength to forgive and to honestly communicate...."let thee with out sin, cast the first stone"...I bet there a very few at the head of the line
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5144
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 am

golfnut69 wrote:we all make mistakes, some mistakes are larger than others...and while my ass is not in Church each Sunday, ( I was reared a Christian and have zero ill will to others beliefs ) I was brought up to belief God is a forgiving God and thru the forgiving of sins comes strength.... I wish Andy, Gods forgiveness...I wish his Wife and Family the strength to forgive and to honestly communicate...."let thee with out sin, cast the first stone"...I bet there a very few at the head of the line
So why fire him? Are the good folks in Starkville without sin?
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11916
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:52 am

mbawavefan12 wrote:
sader24 wrote:He didn’t do anything a ton of other coaches haven’t done and are doing. Stupidly he did it with a boosters daughter in law and from what I can gather lied about it to his Athletic Director and did it while his wife is pregnant. What he did was stupid, but we don’t know what his relationship is with his wife. People do stupid things all the time. It sounds more than anything what he did was stupid and reckless. I don’t think it makes him the antichrist though. He screwed up and prob deserved to be fired, but anyone getting all judgemental on him as a despicable human being is a little too holier than thou than they should be.
I just don't understand how one is being "holier than thou" when criticizing a guy who not only cheated on his pregnant wife but (apparently) did it with an employee who was beneath him, thus directly effecting the lives of literally 100's of people. I cannot recall many coaches cheating on their pregnant wives, it's just so low. She is now carrying his child all while knowing he has been out and about banging other women, that has to be so tough.
Simple question, in what scenario is one allowed to criticize the deplorable actions of others in a prominent, public, highly paid position? Does he need to beat a women? Maybe sexually abuse an employee? I just want to know the lay of the land for future comments.
Well said mba. So a ton of other coaches are dong it? Really? If true that supposedly makes this ok? Wow.
Find A Way!
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 am

What AC did is deplorable, selfish. No excuse! I hope he can rebuild his life and career. I remember Team Cannizaro burning bridges with Tulane when he didn't get the job. I hope fences can be mended.

Dannen's stock went up a notch with his judgement. His hires have to start producing winning seasons.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5941
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:55 am

Do any of us know if Andy and his wife have an open marriage? There's more of that in this country than most of us would believe. For all we know, or don't know, maybe both spouses knew of the affair and were ok with it.

I know that's a foreign concept to most of us (and no, I've never been in an open marriage) but it's a lifestyle that is out there. As the Honey Island Swamp Band sings "so you without sin/go on and cast the first stone."
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7539
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:10 am

mbawavefan12 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:we all make mistakes, some mistakes are larger than others...and while my ass is not in Church each Sunday, ( I was reared a Christian and have zero ill will to others beliefs ) I was brought up to belief God is a forgiving God and thru the forgiving of sins comes strength.... I wish Andy, Gods forgiveness...I wish his Wife and Family the strength to forgive and to honestly communicate...."let thee with out sin, cast the first stone"...I bet there a very few at the head of the line
So why fire him? Are the good folks in Starkville without sin?
I am sure the majority of the fine folks in StarkVegas think and believe there is zero sins in the area...they all go to church for the social hour .. I have been there several times and have 3 former teammates that played football for State ..I used to love hearing their stories when they came back to Metry
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:19 am

to the few posters on here that want to pass judgement on him and crucify him for what he did, thats fine. Act like you are better than him for all i care. But you don't know all the facts to the story. Nobody does.... yet, but 1-2 people. We may never know. We don't know what Andy's home life is like, we don't know if his wife was cheating on him, we don't know why he was fired. We don't know what drove him to cheat or if he even did. Was it allegations. Was it about money from the university...several things have been said, but all are rumors.

He may have had an open relationship with his wife, hell they may have been swingers for all we know. lol He may have been fired for lying to the AD. WE DON'T KNOW, and frankly it's none of our business. Don't crucify the guy especially if you don't know the story.

If it all comes out and the stories are true, then you can pass judgement if you want...to each there own. In my opinion though, we should all be there to help a few Tulanians up at what may be someones all time low, and be there for support. Him and his family are one of us.
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1557
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:35 am

Some of you sound like Vitter supporters after his infidelities became public. If it were your daughter he was married to, you’d be really upset. That being said, he didn’t kill anyone so hopefully he gets through this and gets another chance at some point.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2747
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:38 am

RollWaveRoll wrote:to the few posters on here that want to pass judgement on him and crucify him for what he did, thats fine. Act like you are better than him for all i care. But you don't know all the facts to the story. Nobody does.... yet, but 1-2 people. We may never know. We don't know what Andy's home life is like, we don't know if his wife was cheating on him, we don't know why he was fired. We don't know what drove him to cheat or if he even did. Was it allegations. Was it about money from the university...several things have been said, but all are rumors.

He may have had an open relationship with his wife, hell they may have been swingers for all we know. lol He may have been fired for lying to the AD. WE DON'T KNOW, and frankly it's none of our business. Don't crucify the guy especially if you don't know the story.

If it all comes out and the stories are true, then you can pass judgement if you want...to each there own. In my opinion though, we should all be there to help a few Tulanians up at what may be someones all time low, and be there for support. Him and his family are one of us.
So true. You can add: Do we know if it’s his child she’s carrying? I think his coaching skills are fair game and the judgement of any off the field stuff rumors should be out of bounds on a sports forum. NOLA.com comment section is more appropriate to preach morality.
User avatar
MicMan
Surge
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 am

Too bad he didn't coach in a revenue sport. Or crash his motorcycle while giving his mistress a lift. He'd be hired back eventually.
Post Reply