Andy Cannizaro

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Wave755
Tsunami

There must be employment/co-worker related aspects to this story we just don't know of yet or perhaps never will know of. Is simple adultery cause for termination from employment? If a couple lives separate and apart but before divorce one or the other has a sexual relationship with a third person techinally that spouse has committed adultery. There must be a lot more to this story than simply the moral failing by Cannizaro of adultery?

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:Do any of us know if Andy and his wife have an open marriage? There's more of that in this country than most of us would believe. For all we know, or don't know, maybe both spouses knew of the affair and were ok with it.

I know that's a foreign concept to most of us (and no, I've never been in an open marriage) but it's a lifestyle that is out there. As the Honey Island Swamp Band sings "so you without sin/go on and cast the first stone."
There are sins and then there are COMMANDMENTS.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:to the few posters on here that want to pass judgement on him and crucify him for what he did, thats fine. Act like you are better than him for all i care. But you don't know all the facts to the story. Nobody does.... yet, but 1-2 people. We may never know. We don't know what Andy's home life is like, we don't know if his wife was cheating on him, we don't know why he was fired. We don't know what drove him to cheat or if he even did. Was it allegations. Was it about money from the university...several things have been said, but all are rumors.

He may have had an open relationship with his wife, hell they may have been swingers for all we know. lol He may have been fired for lying to the AD. WE DON'T KNOW, and frankly it's none of our business. Don't crucify the guy especially if you don't know the story.

If it all comes out and the stories are true, then you can pass judgement if you want...to each there own. In my opinion though, we should all be there to help a few Tulanians up at what may be someones all time low, and be there for support. Him and his family are one of us.
So true. You can add: Do we know if it’s his child she’s carrying? I think his coaching skills are fair game and the judgement of any off the field stuff rumors should be out of bounds on a sports forum. NOLA.com comment section is more appropriate to preach morality.
Y'all really reached the bottom of the barrel here.

He's a public figure. One I might add that is linked to Tulane for life . With all that money and adulation comes the microscope. If one can't handle they shouldn't enter it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
dpm wave
Swell

http://twitter.com/billybegley/status/9 ... 4682740736
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:to the few posters on here that want to pass judgement on him and crucify him for what he did, thats fine. Act like you are better than him for all i care. But you don't know all the facts to the story. Nobody does.... yet, but 1-2 people. We may never know. We don't know what Andy's home life is like, we don't know if his wife was cheating on him, we don't know why he was fired. We don't know what drove him to cheat or if he even did. Was it allegations. Was it about money from the university...several things have been said, but all are rumors.

He may have had an open relationship with his wife, hell they may have been swingers for all we know. lol He may have been fired for lying to the AD. WE DON'T KNOW, and frankly it's none of our business. Don't crucify the guy especially if you don't know the story.

If it all comes out and the stories are true, then you can pass judgement if you want...to each there own. In my opinion though, we should all be there to help a few Tulanians up at what may be someones all time low, and be there for support. Him and his family are one of us.
So true. You can add: Do we know if it’s his child she’s carrying? I think his coaching skills are fair game and the judgement of any off the field stuff rumors should be out of bounds on a sports forum. NOLA.com comment section is more appropriate to preach morality.
Y'all really reached the bottom of the barrel here.

He's a public figure. One I might add that is linked to Tulane for life . With all that money and adulation comes the microscope. If one can't handle they shouldn't enter it.
And with all that's being said, I'd love to see him back coaching in green & blue.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Unfortunately he pretty much ended any chance of coaching at a major program again. Sad that HE chose to ruin his career and embarrass his family.

Oh and he will NEVER wear the Olive and Blue again! Book it!
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Do any of us know if Andy and his wife have an open marriage? There's more of that in this country than most of us would believe. For all we know, or don't know, maybe both spouses knew of the affair and were ok with it.

I know that's a foreign concept to most of us (and no, I've never been in an open marriage) but it's a lifestyle that is out there. As the Honey Island Swamp Band sings "so you without sin/go on and cast the first stone."
:D Winwave is a good Christian boy who obeys the commandments now. LOL good lord. I’m not even sure how you’re doing the holier than thou act with a straight face right now. The rest of the board is getting a good laugh out of it.
Profoundwizard
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
sader24 wrote:He didn’t do anything a ton of other coaches haven’t done and are doing. Stupidly he did it with a boosters daughter in law and from what I can gather lied about it to his Athletic Director and did it while his wife is pregnant. What he did was stupid, but we don’t know what his relationship is with his wife. People do stupid things all the time. It sounds more than anything what he did was stupid and reckless. I don’t think it makes him the antichrist though. He screwed up and prob deserved to be fired, but anyone getting all judgemental on him as a despicable human being is a little too holier than thou than they should be.
I just don't understand how one is being "holier than thou" when criticizing a guy who not only cheated on his pregnant wife but (apparently) did it with an employee who was beneath him, thus directly effecting the lives of literally 100's of people. I cannot recall many coaches cheating on their pregnant wives, it's just so low. She is now carrying his child all while knowing he has been out and about banging other women, that has to be so tough.
Simple question, in what scenario is one allowed to criticize the deplorable actions of others in a prominent, public, highly paid position? Does he need to beat a women? Maybe sexually abuse an employee? I just want to know the lay of the land for future comments.
You can criticize him for this and you probably should but winwave is naive if he believes that cheating on your wife is so uncommon. Especially among athletes and coaches. The guy cheated on his wife. That’s a shitty thing to do but it’s something that you can rebound from. Winwave is speaking like this makes AC the devil incarnate
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:

:D Winwave is a good Christian boy who obeys the commandments now. LOL good lord. I’m not even sure how you’re doing the holier than thou act with a straight face right now. The rest of the board is getting a good laugh out of it.
Only the lowlife's like you see it that way. Your boy blew it and it's killing you. That's your problem not ours.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
sader24 wrote:He didn’t do anything a ton of other coaches haven’t done and are doing. Stupidly he did it with a boosters daughter in law and from what I can gather lied about it to his Athletic Director and did it while his wife is pregnant. What he did was stupid, but we don’t know what his relationship is with his wife. People do stupid things all the time. It sounds more than anything what he did was stupid and reckless. I don’t think it makes him the antichrist though. He screwed up and prob deserved to be fired, but anyone getting all judgemental on him as a despicable human being is a little too holier than thou than they should be.
I just don't understand how one is being "holier than thou" when criticizing a guy who not only cheated on his pregnant wife but (apparently) did it with an employee who was beneath him, thus directly effecting the lives of literally 100's of people. I cannot recall many coaches cheating on their pregnant wives, it's just so low. She is now carrying his child all while knowing he has been out and about banging other women, that has to be so tough.
Simple question, in what scenario is one allowed to criticize the deplorable actions of others in a prominent, public, highly paid position? Does he need to beat a women? Maybe sexually abuse an employee? I just want to know the lay of the land for future comments.
You can criticize him for this and you probably should but winwave is naive if he believes that cheating on your wife is so uncommon. Especially among athletes and coaches. The guy cheated on his wife. That’s a shitty thing to do but it’s something that you can rebound from. Winwave is speaking like this makes AC the devil incarnate
Not naïve at all. Just because people do it doesn't make it right.

You're just absolutely miserable b/c Tulane swept this weekend and your left seething while waiting and hoping for them to be swept this weekend so you can blast away. Meanwhile your boy got swept and then knocked off his pedestal. Lash out all you want. It won't change the facts.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:

:lol: :roll: With ww's last post I got a good chuckle. It's another argument he's not giving up on. Rather than take it further, I'm just going to laugh it off. :lol: :roll:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Profoundwizard
Swell

You’re going to have to really clean up your act on here for anyone to buy the good Christian act.

I couldn’t care less that Miss St got swept. Furthest thing from my mind.
Why would I be miserable that Tulane won? Ridiculous
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sorry to see you in bed with the low life's on this one.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:You’re going to have to really clean up your act on here for anyone to buy the good Christian act.

Now that's laughable. You haven't been seen or heard from after this weekend's happenings other than to try and bring others down to your level. :lol:
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:

Truth be told winwave is basking in his glory in the fact that a branch just broke off the Jones tree. And he couldn’t be any more happy about how it went down. He’s now hoping Gaut gets canned, King, Sloss, Billy and Matt all have losing seasons.
Pepper
Swell

Truth be told winwave is basking in his glory in the fact that a branch just broke off the Jones tree. And he couldn’t be any more happy about how it went down. He’s now hoping Gaut gets canned, King, Sloss, Billy and Matt all have losing seasons.
LMAO!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:You’re going to have to really clean up your act on here for anyone to buy the good Christian act.

Now that's laughable. You haven't been seen or heard from after this weekend's happenings other than to try and bring others down to your level. :lol:
What is there to say about the weekend? It’s a long season. To be honest I was disappointed in the pitching, but if I came here and said that, I’d just be called a Debbie downer. So I just decided not to say anything at all.
We won some games that we were supposed to win.
Like Chris Rock said “You don’t get credit for doing some shit you supposed to do, you low expectation having motherfucker.”
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:

Actually he's from the Mainieri tree. He never coached at Tulane. But facts don't matter to you. As for the rest I wish them the best. I said I wanted King to be a candidate when the job came open both times. I have contributed to Mohl's cause and have always been supportive of the job Riser's done. By the time the job comes open again he would be a good candidate. But again try and turn it around all you want but your boy did what he did.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:

What is there to say about the weekend? It’s a long season. To be honest I was disappointed in the pitching, but if I came here and said that, I’d just be called a Debbie downer. So I just decided not to say anything at all.
We won some games that we were supposed to win.
Like Chris Rock said “You don’t get credit for doing some sh*t you supposed to do, you low expectation having motherfucker.”
Actually we weren't expected to win . We payed a quality team that's been to the Regionals two of the last 4 years and won 2 games each time they went. They're expected to go back again this season. They have an experienced club with some quality pitching. So it was an encouraging start. But like your friend the facts don't matter to you.
Profoundwizard
Swell

If we weren’t supposed to beat Wright St then we must not be favored to win more than 25 games. Winning the Horizon League doesn’t make them a good team.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote:If we weren’t supposed to beat Wright St then we must not be favored to win more than 25 games. Winning the Horizon League doesn’t make them a good team.
They have won games in the NCAA Regionals, it makes no difference what conference they are in....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:If we weren’t supposed to beat Wright St then we must not be favored to win more than 25 games. Winning the Horizon League doesn’t make them a good team.
They have won games in the NCAA Regionals, it makes no difference what conference they are in....
This. Like I said the facts don't matter to that crew.
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
The 2018 Wright State team has won 0 games. Regional or otherwise. The 2017 Wright State squad won 0 regional games as well.
The conference you’re in makes a difference because you don’t have to be any good to make a regional in a 1 bid league. You just need to be better than your conference mates.
Anyway who cares about Wright State? I only care about what Tulane does. Tulane had to win this series at the bare minimum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
The 2018 Wright State team has won 0 games. Regional or otherwise. The 2017 Wright State squad won 0 regional games as well.
The conference you’re in makes a difference because you don’t have to be any good to make a regional in a 1 bid league. You just need to be better than your conference mates.
Anyway who cares about Wright State? I only care about what Tulane does. Tulane had to win this series at the bare minimum.
wright state last two NCAA tournaments were 2015 and 2016 they went 2-2 each year...last I checked, Tulane won 0 NCAA games in 2017 also
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
wright state last two NCAA tournaments were 2015 and 2016 they went 2-2 each year...last I checked, Tulane won 0 NCAA games in 2017 also
What do you want for this? A fucking cookie?