Andy Cannizaro

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5287
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby DfromCT » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:10 am

Jaxwave wrote:I too would have offered the job to Cannizaro, but seeing as the Miss St job opened in November, he had had previous conversations with the Miss St people behind the scenes and expressed reservations during the hiring process about the ability to recruit at Tulane, does anybody think he might have jumped ship from Tulane before having coached a game?


As much as I'm tired of the endless discussion about what could have been, I cannot believe that Andy Cannizaro would have left his alma mater high and dry with a move like that. Can we move on or do we need another 250 pages on Andy Cannizaro not being offered the Head Coaching job so that this thread competes with the Yulman Stadium thread?


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

Pepper
Surge
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby Pepper » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:13 am

Bearwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Congrats to a great Hall of Fame Greenie!
Year one HC getting to a Super Regional.
Miss St pulls off the DH road sweep of USM to advance to the BR Super Regional.
Tough draw facing LSU currently the hottest team in the country.
Oh what could have been for Tulane baseball.



Doing all that with only 7 healthy pitchers (and many aren't that good) but he has them playing confident and aggressive baseball. But hey, he doesn't have experience and it's hard to get rid of coaches with deep ties, blah blah blah.


And with 12 players gone to MLB draft & not getting the job after fall ball. AC should be coach of the year. I really hope he makes it to Omaha and wins it.


"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16604
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby tpstulane » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:14 am

DfromCT wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:I too would have offered the job to Cannizaro, but seeing as the Miss St job opened in November, he had had previous conversations with the Miss St people behind the scenes and expressed reservations during the hiring process about the ability to recruit at Tulane, does anybody think he might have jumped ship from Tulane before having coached a game?


As much as I'm tired of the endless discussion about what could have been, I cannot believe that Andy Cannizaro would have left his alma mater high and dry with a move like that. Can we move on or do we need another 250 pages on Andy Cannizaro not being offered the Head Coaching job so that this thread competes with the Yulman Stadium thread?

Sorry. It's a way for some to vent frustration. Needed therapy for many Tulane baseball fans.
As a Tulane baseball alum I'm more proud about what he has done then what frustrates me about him not getting the chance to do it here. That's why it's in the Men and Women of Tulane thread.
He's being praised for what he's accomplished as he should. I've moved on from him not getting our job. Can only hope Jewett gets us to a Super next year.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

User avatar
msdos
Swell
Posts: 1209
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby msdos » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:10 am

I get the frustration and the wanting to move on, however this is the single greatest blunder in Tulane Baseball history. I mean that with zero hyperbole.



Profoundwizard
Surge
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby Profoundwizard » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:32 am

DfromCT wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:I too would have offered the job to Cannizaro, but seeing as the Miss St job opened in November, he had had previous conversations with the Miss St people behind the scenes and expressed reservations during the hiring process about the ability to recruit at Tulane, does anybody think he might have jumped ship from Tulane before having coached a game?


As much as I'm tired of the endless discussion about what could have been, I cannot believe that Andy Cannizaro would have left his alma mater high and dry with a move like that. Can we move on or do we need another 250 pages on Andy Cannizaro not being offered the Head Coaching job so that this thread competes with the Yulman Stadium thread?


Is someone forcing you to read this thread?



anEngineer
Low Tide
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby anEngineer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:38 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:I too would have offered the job to Cannizaro, but seeing as the Miss St job opened in November, he had had previous conversations with the Miss St people behind the scenes and expressed reservations during the hiring process about the ability to recruit at Tulane, does anybody think he might have jumped ship from Tulane before having coached a game?


As much as I'm tired of the endless discussion about what could have been, I cannot believe that Andy Cannizaro would have left his alma mater high and dry with a move like that. Can we move on or do we need another 250 pages on Andy Cannizaro not being offered the Head Coaching job so that this thread competes with the Yulman Stadium thread?


Agreed. The endless grousing about the same thing over and over is tiresome. I think Tulane passed on Knute Rockne also. Should we start a thread about that? How much more can be said?



User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2536
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby Show Me » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:46 pm

anEngineer wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:I too would have offered the job to Cannizaro, but seeing as the Miss St job opened in November, he had had previous conversations with the Miss St people behind the scenes and expressed reservations during the hiring process about the ability to recruit at Tulane, does anybody think he might have jumped ship from Tulane before having coached a game?


As much as I'm tired of the endless discussion about what could have been, I cannot believe that Andy Cannizaro would have left his alma mater high and dry with a move like that. Can we move on or do we need another 250 pages on Andy Cannizaro not being offered the Head Coaching job so that this thread competes with the Yulman Stadium thread?


Agreed. The endless grousing about the same thing over and over is tiresome. I think Tulane passed on Knute Rockne also. Should we start a thread about that? How much more can be said?

True but the guy they did hire turned out to be the greatest football coach in Tulane history.



Profoundwizard
Surge
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby Profoundwizard » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:06 pm

anEngineer wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:I too would have offered the job to Cannizaro, but seeing as the Miss St job opened in November, he had had previous conversations with the Miss St people behind the scenes and expressed reservations during the hiring process about the ability to recruit at Tulane, does anybody think he might have jumped ship from Tulane before having coached a game?


As much as I'm tired of the endless discussion about what could have been, I cannot believe that Andy Cannizaro would have left his alma mater high and dry with a move like that. Can we move on or do we need another 250 pages on Andy Cannizaro not being offered the Head Coaching job so that this thread competes with the Yulman Stadium thread?


Agreed. The endless grousing about the same thing over and over is tiresome. I think Tulane passed on Knute Rockne also. Should we start a thread about that? How much more can be said?


Again, nobody is being forced to read this.

And yes, you probably should start a thread about passing on Knute Rockne



sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5405
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby sader24 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:27 pm

I haven't renewed my family's football season tickets for the 1st time since the 40s bc of of the Andy Cannizaro screwup. I may still renew, but I feel like it was so big of a screwup it might have been the final straw for me. Just proves to me there is literally nothing they can't screw up.



DaveBrownStreak
Low Tide
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 am
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby DaveBrownStreak » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Great work Dannen.....u f'd up big time! A first year head coach goes to a Super Regional ( by the way he came out of the losers bracket to do it) and our great Vandy assistant can't even reach a .500 record. The ghost of Rich Rod must be hovering high over Willow Street and we CONTINUE to embarass ourselves with our decision making....HAIL STATE!!



User avatar
TURVS71
Swell
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby TURVS71 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Lamenting the Cannizaro situation is NOT beating a dead horse. He is relevant at this time because he coaches literally in our back yard. He won a Regional in our back yard and is going to a Super Regional in our back yard. I would guess that being a Tulane Grad and probably one of finest basball players in TU history that he has class because he CERTAINLY has the right to give TU the old Italian "UP YOURS" salute! Yes it is relavant because, well we all know why....tough to swallow this one...will we ever learn from our past blunders?


'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"

User avatar
TURVS71
Swell
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby TURVS71 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Also understand that there is a little feud between Cannizaro and Manure-e as supposedly Cannizaro pilfered some lsu recruits when he got the Miss State job. Should be interesting!


'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16604
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby tpstulane » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

TURVS71 wrote:Also understand that there is a little feud between Cannizaro and Manure-e as supposedly Cannizaro pilfered some lsu recruits when he got the Miss State job. Should be interesting!

Yes. I'm highly looking forward to watching this weekend. The series starts Saturday night at 8pm ESPN2.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby lurker123 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:03 pm

sader24 wrote:I haven't renewed my family's football season tickets for the 1st time since the 40s bc of of the Andy Cannizaro screwup. I may still renew, but I feel like it was so big of a screwup it might have been the final straw for me. Just proves to me there is literally nothing they can't screw up.


As Showme said, the folks involved are liable to be gone while we lifetime fans are still around. Meanwhile all I can say is I'm renewing my tickets. I'm a Tulane fan. I get where you coming from but all I can say is I would miss it if I didn't come.

Finally and maybe this is just a hope, a marker has now been laid down for both TD and TJ. Maybe they will become hungrier than we can imagine and will elevate their performance. They are running things and I'm a fan so I'm not going to root for them to fail. However as Showme noted if they do succeed, it may be sayonara and we'll still be here.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16604
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby tpstulane » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:16 am

Those of you that don't live in town haven't heard the news cycle on Andy like we have. They are not about to let anyone forget this. Every station has called out Tulane for not hiring Andy. Here's what I'm talking about.
https://twitter.com/fletcherwdsu/status ... 9309813760

Doug Mouton on Ch 4 was also critical the other night on his 10pm TV Sports show. It's pretty much been relentless including radio guys.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7095
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby golfnut69 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:28 am

tpstulane wrote:Those of you that don't live in town haven't heard the news cycle on Andy like we have. They are not about to let anyone forget this. Every station has called out Tulane for not hiring Andy. Here's what I'm talking about.
https://twitter.com/fletcherwdsu/status ... 9309813760

Doug Mouton on Ch 4 was also critical the other night on his 10pm TV Sports show. It's pretty much been relentless including radio guys.


"TD is Great... TD is Good "..... Death to the Infidels ".....


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 am

To be fair to Troy Dannen, had he hired someone other than Willie Fritz to coach the football team and that coach had a 4-8 2016 season with a 23 point loss to Tulsa, a 31 point loss to UCF, and a 31 point loss to Temple while Fritz dominated the Sunbelt again, we would be having a lot of the same discussions in regard to why Troy Dannen didn't hire such a great coach who would have been perfect for Tulane. However, Troy Dannen did hire Fritz and Fritz did go 4-8.

This is just to offer perspective in regard to the hiring process and that just because a coach is winning at a program in a particular season doesn't mean that they would have had similar success during that particular season for a different program.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16604
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby tpstulane » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:14 am

Aberzombie1892 wrote:To be fair to Troy Dannen, had he hired someone other than Willie Fritz to coach the football team and that coach had a 4-8 2016 season with a 23 point loss to Tulsa, a 31 point loss to UCF, and a 31 point loss to Temple while Fritz dominated the Sunbelt again, we would be having a lot of the same discussions in regard to why Troy Dannen didn't hire such a great coach who would have been perfect for Tulane. However, Troy Dannen did hire Fritz and Fritz did go 4-8.

This is just to offer perspective in regard to the hiring process and that just because a coach is winning at a program in a particular season doesn't mean that they would have had similar success during that particular season for a different program.

Yes. But we've been down this road too many times to believe otherwise. I will say if Jewett would have achieved what was least expected (a winning season) you'd probably not hear all the chatter you're hearing now. But when 3 potential candidates get regionals and 2 get Super Regionals and your team is sitting home with a losing record all criticism is fair game. Andy, Matt and Tom will all three will likely be back to the regionals next year. I'd be shocked if we go a regional next year.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

Pepper
Surge
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby Pepper » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 am

tpstulane wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:To be fair to Troy Dannen, had he hired someone other than Willie Fritz to coach the football team and that coach had a 4-8 2016 season with a 23 point loss to Tulsa, a 31 point loss to UCF, and a 31 point loss to Temple while Fritz dominated the Sunbelt again, we would be having a lot of the same discussions in regard to why Troy Dannen didn't hire such a great coach who would have been perfect for Tulane. However, Troy Dannen did hire Fritz and Fritz did go 4-8.

This is just to offer perspective in regard to the hiring process and that just because a coach is winning at a program in a particular season doesn't mean that they would have had similar success during that particular season for a different program.

Yes. But we've been down this road too many times to believe otherwise. I will say if Jewett would have achieved what was least expected (a winning season) you'd probably not hear all the chatter you're hearing now. But when 3 potential candidates get regionals and 2 get Super Regionals and your team is sitting home with a losing record all criticism is fair game. Andy, Matt and Tom will all three will likely be back to the regionals next year. I'd be shocked if we go a regional next year.


When Jewett was hired, all the talk was how long would it take for us to get back to Omaha. After this season, I'm wondering when we will ever be in post-season. I think the Fritz hire was a good hire and I'm not sure anyone even wanted the job. Basketball is hopeless imho.


"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16604
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby tpstulane » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:53 am

Pepper wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:To be fair to Troy Dannen, had he hired someone other than Willie Fritz to coach the football team and that coach had a 4-8 2016 season with a 23 point loss to Tulsa, a 31 point loss to UCF, and a 31 point loss to Temple while Fritz dominated the Sunbelt again, we would be having a lot of the same discussions in regard to why Troy Dannen didn't hire such a great coach who would have been perfect for Tulane. However, Troy Dannen did hire Fritz and Fritz did go 4-8.

This is just to offer perspective in regard to the hiring process and that just because a coach is winning at a program in a particular season doesn't mean that they would have had similar success during that particular season for a different program.

Yes. But we've been down this road too many times to believe otherwise. I will say if Jewett would have achieved what was least expected (a winning season) you'd probably not hear all the chatter you're hearing now. But when 3 potential candidates get regionals and 2 get Super Regionals and your team is sitting home with a losing record all criticism is fair game. Andy, Matt and Tom will all three will likely be back to the regionals next year. I'd be shocked if we go a regional next year.


When Jewett was hired, all the talk was how long would it take for us to get back to Omaha. After this season, I'm wondering when we will ever be in post-season. I think the Fritz hire was a good hire and I'm not sure anyone even wanted the job. Basketball is hopeless imho.

I concur. The expectation was the same here and by many others. In fact Pierce was expected to elevate the program and he did so. He's now in year one and he had Texas in the regional finals. A team that didn't even make the post season last year. I'm worried going forward winning seasons may be challenging.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7095
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby golfnut69 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:57 am

Pepper wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:To be fair to Troy Dannen, had he hired someone other than Willie Fritz to coach the football team and that coach had a 4-8 2016 season with a 23 point loss to Tulsa, a 31 point loss to UCF, and a 31 point loss to Temple while Fritz dominated the Sunbelt again, we would be having a lot of the same discussions in regard to why Troy Dannen didn't hire such a great coach who would have been perfect for Tulane. However, Troy Dannen did hire Fritz and Fritz did go 4-8.

This is just to offer perspective in regard to the hiring process and that just because a coach is winning at a program in a particular season doesn't mean that they would have had similar success during that particular season for a different program.

Yes. But we've been down this road too many times to believe otherwise. I will say if Jewett would have achieved what was least expected (a winning season) you'd probably not hear all the chatter you're hearing now. But when 3 potential candidates get regionals and 2 get Super Regionals and your team is sitting home with a losing record all criticism is fair game. Andy, Matt and Tom will all three will likely be back to the regionals next year. I'd be shocked if we go a regional next year.


When Jewett was hired, all the talk was how long would it take for us to get back to Omaha. After this season, I'm wondering when we will ever be in post-season. I think the Fritz hire was a good hire and I'm not sure anyone even wanted the job. Basketball is hopeless imho.


Under the present recruiting / scholarship stacking restrictions, self imposed by the Tulane Board, we will never again see Omaha, unless you are traveling there for a good steak....Regional's are within grasp, but getting to a super regional is a real reach....simply because Tulane will never have enuff two way players ( Pitchers who can play a position, to free up space for additional Pitchers)


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5287
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby DfromCT » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:21 pm

golfnut69 wrote:Under the present recruiting / scholarship stacking restrictions, self imposed by the Tulane Board, we will never again see Omaha, unless you are traveling there for a good steak....Regional's are within grasp, but getting to a super regional is a real reach....simply because Tulane will never have enuff two way players ( Pitchers who can play a position, to free up space for additional Pitchers)


And what none of us know is how the discussions behind closed doors went about scholarship stacking and other issues. Perhaps Canizzaro and Riser demanded that they be able to stack any and all scholarship money to level the field, Dannen went to Fitts and Fitts and the BOA said "no". I'm not saying this happened, but if it did, Dannen is taking a lot of heat from those loyal to Canizzaro and Riser when they really negotiated out of consideration themselves.

Many here are quick to say the Jewett hire was an ego play by Dannen. I'd like to know how they can state that as fact without psychological knowledge or being in the meetings behind closed doors?


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

Profoundwizard
Surge
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby Profoundwizard » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:28 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Pepper wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:To be fair to Troy Dannen, had he hired someone other than Willie Fritz to coach the football team and that coach had a 4-8 2016 season with a 23 point loss to Tulsa, a 31 point loss to UCF, and a 31 point loss to Temple while Fritz dominated the Sunbelt again, we would be having a lot of the same discussions in regard to why Troy Dannen didn't hire such a great coach who would have been perfect for Tulane. However, Troy Dannen did hire Fritz and Fritz did go 4-8.

This is just to offer perspective in regard to the hiring process and that just because a coach is winning at a program in a particular season doesn't mean that they would have had similar success during that particular season for a different program.

Yes. But we've been down this road too many times to believe otherwise. I will say if Jewett would have achieved what was least expected (a winning season) you'd probably not hear all the chatter you're hearing now. But when 3 potential candidates get regionals and 2 get Super Regionals and your team is sitting home with a losing record all criticism is fair game. Andy, Matt and Tom will all three will likely be back to the regionals next year. I'd be shocked if we go a regional next year.


When Jewett was hired, all the talk was how long would it take for us to get back to Omaha. After this season, I'm wondering when we will ever be in post-season. I think the Fritz hire was a good hire and I'm not sure anyone even wanted the job. Basketball is hopeless imho.


Under the present recruiting / scholarship stacking restrictions, self imposed by the Tulane Board, we will never again see Omaha, unless you are traveling there for a good steak....Regional's are within grasp, but getting to a super regional is a real reach....simply because Tulane will never have enuff two way players ( Pitchers who can play a position, to free up space for additional Pitchers)


I don't agree. We really weren't far off from being an Omaha team last year. We just weren't playing our best baseball at the end of the year.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10703
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby winwave » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:34 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:To be fair to Troy Dannen, had he hired someone other than Willie Fritz to coach the football team and that coach had a 4-8 2016 season with a 23 point loss to Tulsa, a 31 point loss to UCF, and a 31 point loss to Temple while Fritz dominated the Sunbelt again, we would be having a lot of the same discussions in regard to why Troy Dannen didn't hire such a great coach who would have been perfect for Tulane. However, Troy Dannen did hire Fritz and Fritz did go 4-8.

This is just to offer perspective in regard to the hiring process and that just because a coach is winning at a program in a particular season doesn't mean that they would have had similar success during that particular season for a different program.

Yes. But we've been down this road too many times to believe otherwise. I will say if Jewett would have achieved what was least expected (a winning season) you'd probably not hear all the chatter you're hearing now. But when 3 potential candidates get regionals and 2 get Super Regionals and your team is sitting home with a losing record all criticism is fair game. Andy, Matt and Tom will all three will likely be back to the regionals next year. I'd be shocked if we go a regional next year.


When Jewett was hired, all the talk was how long would it take for us to get back to Omaha. After this season, I'm wondering when we will ever be in post-season. I think the Fritz hire was a good hire and I'm not sure anyone even wanted the job. Basketball is hopeless imho.

I concur. The expectation was the same here and by many others. In fact Pierce was expected to elevate the program and he did so. He's now in year one and he had Texas in the regional finals. A team that didn't even make the post season last year. I'm worried going forward winning seasons may be challenging.


Unfortunately we have had losing seasons in 2of the last 4 years. So winning seasons do appear to be challenging.


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2536
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Postby Show Me » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:33 pm

Looking forward to seeing Andy pull off the big upset this weekend. Would be great for all real Tulane baseball fans should he do so.
A former great player making it to the CWS in his first year. Boy that would be something.



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests