Andy Cannizaro

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:
Show Me wrote:
nowave wrote:
winwave wrote:You know more than their own fans. Right. Our fans love to say the SEC teams are overrated. Even their fans didn't feel like they belonged where they were ranked for most of the year. You can continue yoor hate fest on Tulane baseball all you want. They have created a thread on the other site for you to do just that. You can ruin your night, your summer and the rest of your life over it. That's your right. Our baseball season is over. I have been going to the games for over 50 years since they were free. I am a long time season ticket holder. I want the program to have success. However I get where it's at in importance. It's a minor sport. It's football season now. The players have reported for the summer session. Moving on.
youre no tulane fan if you consider baseball at tulane a minor sport. either that, or youre troy dannen. or both.
He's not Troy Dannen but he's a shill carrying Dannen's water pail ever since he got picked to be on the fan committee.
And how has the fan committee done?
Plenty talk no action
Just smoke and mirrors
As I just said I have conveyed our likes and dislikes in a very direct way at every meeting we have had. If things don't change as far as gameday operations and the such then that's on Tulane but not on the diehard fans who have given their time for free.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

Football and Basketball are far more important in the grand scheme of things than Baseball, which is why not hiring Cannizaro was so stupid. Self Motivated guy with tons of pride in the program who needed little supervision. Dannen would've been free to focus on the other two and let Cannizaro do his thing.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

winwave wrote:
nowave wrote:
winwave wrote:You know more than their own fans. Right. Our fans love to say the SEC teams are overrated. Even their fans didn't feel like they belonged where they were ranked for most of the year. You can continue yoor hate fest on Tulane baseball all you want. They have created a thread on the other site for you to do just that. You can ruin your night, your summer and the rest of your life over it. That's your right. Our baseball season is over. I have been going to the games for over 50 years since they were free. I am a long time season ticket holder. I want the program to have success. However I get where it's at in importance. It's a minor sport. It's football season now. The players have reported for the summer session. Moving on.
youre no tulane fan if you consider baseball at tulane a minor sport. either that, or youre troy dannen. or both.
It is a minor sport in college. It's important to us but that doesn't change the fact that the football program is the one and only program that can save us. We need it to start making a huge turnaround sooner than later or we'' soon be out of the AAC and Tulane athletics will be dead. That's the reality.
Or we will be out of the AAC? Lol. That's not the reality. Witchita st just got into this conference and they don't even have a football team.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They got in to balance out basketball. They are a partial member like Navy is. I am far from the first to see that ending if football and basketball remain abysmal. If we gave up football the conference certainly wouldn't want us.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
I sure do know more than their own fans. They call for Mainieri to be fired every time he loses a midweek game. Our fans can be stupid too. You wont find any posts of mine calling the SEC overrated. Hasn't happened.
How is this hating on Tulane? I'm talking about LSU. This post from you is a complete deflection, you were wrong and would just like to change the subject.
LOL. You don't. You proved my point above when you talked about them falling out of the top 10.Hell at one point they dropped out of the top 20 in one or two of them. That State series saved their season. It got them the Division championship and a share of the Conference title. Reverse it and they lose confidence instead of gaining it. As for this thread it's all about the hate and angst of the decision made. Hold onto it all you want.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The only poll I look at is D1Baseball, they had a poll every week. 14 polls, LSU was in the top 10 in 11 of them. The 3 times they weren't in the top 10 they were ranked 12,13 and 13. My original statement was "They've been top 10 in the country almost all year." and that is 100% accurate.
You cant reverse it though, they won.
I came back to this thread just to see if you'd admit to being wrong for once, I knew you wouldn't. These posts have nothing to do with hate or angst about anything.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They do but I knew you would never admit that.
torbida
Surge

Could someone tell me why Tulane didn't hire him as baseball coach.....State fans love him.Things like this make it almost painful to be a Tulane fan,Rich Rod now this.Why our AD always turn out to be morons is beyond me?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

torbida wrote:Could someone tell me why Tulane didn't hire him as baseball coach.....State fans love him.Things like this make it almost painful to be a Tulane fan,Rich Rod now this.Why our AD always turn out to be morons is beyond me?
We don't know what happened behind closed doors. Certainly, had we hired Andy, we would have gone to the CWS, football would be 2-0, and both women's and men's basketball would be gearing up for seasons that would see them reach the second weekends of the NCAA basketball tournaments.

And if this non hire, well over a year ago, is the first thing that makes it "almost painful to be a Tulane fan", than you're really not a Tulane fan.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Andy died and went to Heaven.

Part 1 of what $55 million will give you
https://www.facebook.com/HailStateBB/vi ... 458882881/

Part 2
https://www.facebook.com/HailStateBB/vi ... 651763595/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

What hell else is there to do in Starkville, Miss. It's the only show in town.
Dupergreenie
Surge

This thread much like the Tanner Lee thread needs to die.....quickly.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Dupergreenie wrote:This thread much like the Tanner Lee thread needs to die.....quickly.
Once again, see my sig.
God Bless Everyone!
Show Me
Tsunami

Dupergreenie wrote:This thread much like the Tanner Lee thread needs to die.....quickly.
Couldn’t be more wrong. Andy is perhaps the greatest baseball player in Tulane history. I like Tanner but he couldn’t hold Andy’s jock. Two completely different success paths. Or in Tanner’s case unsuccessful path.
msdos
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Couldn’t be more wrong. Andy is perhaps the greatest baseball player in Tulane history. I like Tanner but he couldn’t hold Andy’s jock. Two completely different success paths. Or in Tanner’s case unsuccessful path.
Agreed, the two aren't comparable. Andy would have won and stayed for many years. Opportunity blown, forever. Thanks a ton, Troy.
McWave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:Andy died and went to Heaven.

Part 1 of what $55 million will give you
https://www.facebook.com/HailStateBB/vi ... 458882881/

Part 2
https://www.facebook.com/HailStateBB/vi ... 651763595/
I don't care how wonderful the new baseball facility will be. I would never recommend my child matriculate at MSU. The education (this is college right) is horrendous. MSU is tied for 177th according to USNWR. Tulane #40. LSU is #133 (tied with Kentucky and Arkansas). Howard University is 110th. Andy and Jake were smart enough to realize you will need to use your education at some point.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/ra ... mode=table

I am cool with Tulane spending $35 million on the business school.

http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf ... _35_m.html

https://freeman.tulane.edu/freeman-expansion

But to each their own.
Dupergreenie
Surge

msdos wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Agreed, the two aren't comparable. Andy would have won and stayed for many years. Opportunity blown, forever. Thanks a ton, Troy.
No.... neither one is at Tulane and to constantly bring them up is doing absolutely nothing. Grow up and move on. You guys are as pathetic as the yoggies.
Show Me
Tsunami

Dupergreenie wrote:
msdos wrote:
Show Me wrote:
No.... neither one is at Tulane and to constantly bring them up is doing absolutely nothing. Grow up and move on. You guys are as pathetic as the yoggies.
We know they are not at Tulane that’s why we have this Forum. To keep up with former Greenie careers. Andy is doing excellent and that’s a credit to Rick Jones and Tulane. Be proud and not a hater.
DrBox
Riptide

Show Me wrote: We know they are not at Tulane that’s why we have this Forum. To keep up with former Greenie careers.
The thread is full of catcalling.
Dupergreenie
Surge

Show Me wrote:
Dupergreenie wrote:
msdos wrote:
Show Me wrote:
We know they are not at Tulane that’s why we have this Forum. To keep up with former Greenie careers. Andy is doing excellent and that’s a credit to Rick Jones and Tulane. Be proud and not a hater.
It's not being a hater what so ever.... just tired of the woulda coulda shoulda.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

He really blew that one.
swampnik
Surge

This sounds like at present, having nothing to do with his coaching, sadly.......
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
greenie78
Riptide

Very shocking and sad.
capwave
High Tide

This is terrible. He really screwed this up. The one I really feel sorry for is Gaut. He will be searching for a new home and job through no fault of his own.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Shame on him. Thank goodness TD did a proper vetting . If you feel sorry for anyone feel sorry for his wife who is due with their third child this weekend. As for Gaut he was lucky to get a job back at this level. Like I told several people that was AC''s first big mistake as a coach. Funny how it was so quiet this weekend when they got swept. Last years team was already put together and prepared by the former coach. It's a lot different when you have to prepare the team all year.