Andy Cannizaro

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I guess since he's now an LSU coach he gets the longest write-up I've ever seen on a Tulane guy........ :mrgreen:
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/ ... cart_river

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Andy's making $150K at LSU as an assistant.
Has incentives built in for another $36,000
http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/10617 ... man-austin
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

His affect on recruiting:
3 Delgado players commit to LSU
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yes and no. I believe the majority of classes taken at Delgado will transfer at LSU but not all at Tulane.
The last player I recall we had tranfer from Delgado was Drew Allain in 2008.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

I am sorry. I would not want any player from Delgado. Love their coach a TU grad but they are not very smart and good in my humble opinion.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:I am sorry. I would not want any player from Delgado. Love their coach a TU grad but they are not very smart and good in my humble opinion.
That's a dumb statement. Delgado lives on Catholic League talent (Jesuit, etc) those kids are not dumb. Most can't afford Tulane tuition for 4 years is the bottom line.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I am sorry. I would not want any player from Delgado. Love their coach a TU grad but they are not very smart and good in my humble opinion.
That's a dumb statement. Delgado lives on Catholic League talent (Jesuit, etc) those kids are not dumb. Most can't afford Tulane tuition for 4 years is the bottom line.

For years Delgado was a pipeline to Tulane for exactly those reasons, tuition and grades. I was in school in the late 70's like Tim, and a guy I went to school at Rummel with made that same jump, Chuck Melito. I realize there hasn't been any in recent years, but it doesn't change the dynamics of why a player would go that route.
sader24
Tsunami

Jonathan you're crazy. Lots of Catholic League kids going through Delgado to play baseball in order to get offers to play at bigger schools than they would've straight out of High School.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Andy called a "Superstar" coach by Paul Mainieri
http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2 ... ndy_c.html
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

Very happy for Andy. He will be a head coach at a major university soon.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Going to be sad for me to see Andy in purple and gold. He's now a God in BR for his ability to coach hitting and base running.
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/mobile/ra ... p=56129174
Andy Cannizaro Appreciation Thread

LSU hitting through 24 games

.325 Team Batting Average – Leads SEC

855 At Bats – Leads SEC

51 Doubles – Leads SEC

13 Triples - Leads SEC

414 Total Bases – Leads SEC

.484 Slugging – Leads SEC

Reply • Back to Top
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Going to be sad for me to see Andy in purple and gold. He's now a God in BR for his ability to coach hitting and base running.
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/mobile/ra ... p=56129174
Andy Cannizaro Appreciation Thread

LSU hitting through 24 games

.325 Team Batting Average – Leads SEC

855 At Bats – Leads SEC

51 Doubles – Leads SEC

13 Triples - Leads SEC

414 Total Bases – Leads SEC

.484 Slugging – Leads SEC

Reply • Back to Top
Who cares he's now the enemy.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

After being passed up by his alma mater Tulane for lack of experience he ends up getting a better HC job in a better league with Miss St. I heard this Wednesday and had to sit on it. It's finally hitting the news outlets tonight.
Congrats to Andy and his family. Probably take the Bulldogs back to the CWS. Early signing day for baseball is Wednesday.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him bring Jake Gautreau on board down the road.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I wonder if he brings some kids over to Miss St that he may have had at LSU. I guess we may know something this Wednesday with early signing day.
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

Troy Dannens 1st hire is 3-5 with wins over southern, UMASS, and ull and a miserable offense. Hope he didn't miss on Cannizaro, I think he did but we'all see.
sader24
Tsunami

We are f'n stupid. We are just an incompetent athletic dept and university. We are a QB away from being 7-1 so we send our QB away who ends up getting snatched up by Nebraska who is #11 in the country and we fumble around with a bunch of guys who can't throw or run. Then we have a tailor made hire of the best player in our baseball history and we screw it up bc our AD wants to prove who is in the drivers seat. Had a chance to have a top notch recruiter and coach be a lifer at our program, an opportunity we'll never get again and we screw it up and he is hired several months later at a premier program in the best league in the country. We are stupid.
msdos
Swell

A baseball AD's first baseball hire at a top 20 baseball school is a guy we should/could have had. This is a colossal fuck up for Dannen.
chain gang x man
Swell

tpstulane wrote:I wonder if he brings some kids over to Miss St that he may have had at LSU. I guess we may know something this Wednesday with early signing day.
This Wednesday will be interesting.
First it's coach Jewett's initial signing class and it's loaded with JUCO players. I hope they all sign and we can keep them after the MLB draft
Second now that Andy is HC at Miss St, how many of the players he recruited committed to LSU because they were sold on the program or committed because they wanted to play for Andy. Will he take any to Miss St.
Bearwave
High Tide

msdos wrote:A baseball AD's first baseball hire at a top 20 baseball school is a guy we should/could have had. This is a colossal f**k up for Dannen.
A source very close to the LSU program told me Mainieri got the call during their scrimmage yesterday. He was pissed, kicking the dirt and mumbling then left the field. Glad for Yank to get a great HC job but it should have been here.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:
tpstulane wrote:I wonder if he brings some kids over to Miss St that he may have had at LSU. I guess we may know something this Wednesday with early signing day.
This Wednesday will be interesting.
First it's coach Jewett's initial signing class and it's loaded with JUCO players. I hope they all sign and we can keep them after the MLB draft
Second now that Andy is HC at Miss St, how many of the players he recruited committed to LSU because they were sold on the program or committed because they wanted to play for Andy. Will he take any to Miss St.
Good points!
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jeez, we still made a great hire. Relax. This is a guy (Jewett) with a great pedigree and experience dealing with private school issues. Ya'll are looking at this with green glasses IMO.

Miss St. was in a weak position hiring a coach two months into the academic season and after fall ball, I am sure many coaches turned them down. No slight to Andy as I hope he does great.
TD hired an assistant with arguably a better resume. You can question the fact that Andy may have been a life hire but let's see the results before attacking TD on his hire of Jewett.
This is a reaction to the frustrations we all have with the rest of the athletic program. Baseball is in good hands.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:Jeez, we still made a great hire. Relax. This is a guy (Jewett) with a great pedigree and experience dealing with private school issues. Ya'll are looking at this with green glasses IMO.

Miss St. was in a weak position hiring a coach two months into the academic season and after fall ball, I am sure many coaches turned them down. No slight to Andy as I hope he does great.
TD hired an assistant with arguably a better resume. You can question the fact that Andy may have been a life hire but let's see the results before attacking TD on his hire of Jewett.
This is a reaction to the frustrations we all have with the rest of the athletic program. Baseball is in good hands.
On paper looks good but the game is not played on paper. Need to see results on the field.
Jeez, we still made a great hire. Relax. This is a guy (Jewett) with a great pedigree and experience dealing with private school issues. Ya'll are looking at this with green glasses IMO.

Not true. Andy was their first choice. The UK head coach wanted. Others were interviewed but Andy was their top pick.

No one has attacked Jewett. They have criticized TD for passing on AC. People with little baseball knowledge said Andy wasn't experienced enough to be a HC. I laughed when I heard that.
This is a reaction to the frustrations we all have with the rest of the athletic program. Baseball is in good hands

Now we wait and see who first gets their program to the CWS and then we can reopen the discussion on who was the best hire.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:Jeez, we still made a great hire. Relax. This is a guy (Jewett) with a great pedigree and experience dealing with private school issues. Ya'll are looking at this with green glasses IMO.

Not true. Andy was their first choice.

No one has attacked Jewett. They have criticized TD for passing on AC. People with little baseball knowledge said Andy wasn't experienced enough to be a HC. I laughed when I heard that.
This is a reaction to the frustrations we all have with the rest of the athletic program. Baseball is in good hands

Now we wait and see who first gets their program to the CWS and then we can reopen the discussion on who was the best hire.
"On paper looks good but the game is not played on paper. Need to see results on the field."

Same with Andy.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: "On paper looks good but the game is not played on paper. Need to see results on the field."

Same with Andy.
I agree. However the difference is the intangibles. Tulane was Andy's dream job. He's a Tulane graduate. Arguably the best player in the program's history. A slam dunk with fans, locals and the media. So if things don't pan out with Jewett people won't forget how we passed on AC.
I'm praying Jewett makes us proud. We'll see.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Merge the AC topics !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !