Andy Cannizaro

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Hmm, generally simply having an affair would not be "cause" for termination of an employment contract. Recall, Arizona will pay RR's buyout. It will be interesting to learn the full facts of Andy's firing.
True. But if it was mutual consent and she was a subordinate to him at work that could be the problem. However I don’t know what her position was at Miss St. during the allegations.
True, but many people divorce there spouses to marry co-workers with zero employment consequences, i.e. Joe Scarborough & Mike Brzezinski. We still need to know a lot more for what this is really all about. Very few, if any, attorneys would recommend signing an employment contract with a "morality clause" allowing for termination for any moral indiscretion. Under such an agreement almost anything could constitute "cause" and place the employer in a position to end the contract with no consequences to it when the true reason for the termination was instead a non-cause ground such as wins & losses.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Hmm, generally simply having an affair would not be "cause" for termination of an employment contract. Recall, Arizona will pay RR's buyout. It will be interesting to learn the full facts of Andy's firing.
True. But if it was mutual consent and she was a subordinate to him at work that could be the problem. However I don’t know what her position was at Miss St. during the allegations.
True, but many people divorce there spouses to marry co-workers with zero employment consequences, i.e. Joe Scarborough & Mike Brzezinski. We still need to know a lot more for what this is really all about. Very few, if any, attorneys would recommend signing an employment contract with a "morality clause" allowing for termination for any moral indiscretion. Under such an agreement almost anything could constitute "cause" and place the employer in a position to end the contract with no consequences to it when the true reason for the termination was instead wins & losses.
Hard to say. Probably will come out at some point I suppose. For him to resign it has to be something there. Maybe those others didn’t have the same morality clause in their contracts as Andy did. Or maybe the tolerance for that stuff has ended with the “me too movement” today.
I’m sure they worked out a financial settlement for Andy to resign.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
capwave
High Tide

As far as being fired with cause, who is to say what was in his contract. Morality clauses etc. There are many rumors swirling about this, but one that seems to be growing legs is that he lied to the AD about this and that they may have been the proverbial nail in the coffin.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It is a sad day for AC and his family. I'm not one to judge, as I think everyone has some actions in their past they are not proud of. I pray that Andy and his wife and children can grow from this experience, and turn such a negative into a turning point in their lives for the positive. Counseling for the family may help them turn this around.

Everyone deserves a second chance, and I hope Andy gets one in the not too distant future. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks or months, but we can all wish him the best in the future.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
capwave
High Tide

DfromCT wrote:It is a sad day for AC and his family. I'm not one to judge, as I think everyone has some actions in their past they are not proud of. I pray that Andy and his wife and children can grow from this experience, and turn such a negative into a turning point in their lives for the positive. Counseling for the family may help them turn this around.

Everyone deserves a second chance, and I hope Andy gets one in the not too distant future. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks or months, but we can all wish him the best in the future.
Well said!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:It is a sad day for AC and his family. I'm not one to judge, as I think everyone has some actions in their past they are not proud of. I pray that Andy and his wife and children can grow from this experience, and turn such a negative into a turning point in their lives for the positive. Counseling for the family may help them turn this around.

Amen.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Serious question, why would anyone care about this guy's career in anyway? Cause he was an all-american 15 years ago at Tulane?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Serious question, why would anyone care about this guy's career in anyway? Cause he was an all-american 15 years ago at Tulane?
Because he's a fellow Tulanian. Because he did a lot for the University, and the baseball program as a player. And just because.

I'm pretty sure you'd want your fellow alumnae to care about what you accomplish after you graduated. You represented your school and had you stayed in baseball, they'd follow your career (unless simply nobody cared about baseball at your alma mater.)
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote: Serious question, why would anyone care about this guy's career in anyway? Cause he was an all-american 15 years ago at Tulane?
Because he's a fellow Tulanian. Because he did a lot for the University, and the baseball program as a player. And just because.

I'm pretty sure you'd want your fellow alumnae to care about what you accomplish after you graduated. You represented your school and had you stayed in baseball, they'd follow your career (unless simply nobody cared about baseball at your alma mater.)
Well nobody did care about baseball at Umass, but I digress. We did have 500+ at our tourney game, better than the normal 25-50 people. :D

Cheating on your wife or lying to the boss is one thing, I just have a hard time with cheating on a pregnant mother of two, perhaps that's a me problem that I need to get over. Honestly, I just can't recall any public figure coming back from such a situation.

It truly is sad.

Rant over......
dpm wave
Swell

Joe Scarborough was divorced from wife #1 long before he met Mika. Next time you're in P'cola go to the Fish House and see if you can find someone who was employed 18 years ago. Ask them about the secret room where he would take his liaisons. Btw, his first wife, Melanie, was our HS head cheerleader and he was the QB of the football team.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It appears it was with the daughter-in-law of a major donor. That's two families affected.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
True, but many people divorce there spouses to marry co-workers with zero employment consequences, i.e. Joe Scarborough & Mike Brzezinski. We still need to know a lot more for what this is really all about. Very few, if any, attorneys would recommend signing an employment contract with a "morality clause" allowing for termination for any moral indiscretion. Under such an agreement almost anything could constitute "cause" and place the employer in a position to end the contract with no consequences to it when the true reason for the termination was instead wins & losses.
Hard to say. Probably will come out at some point I suppose. For him to resign it has to be something there. Maybe those others didn’t have the same morality clause in their contracts as Andy did. Or maybe the tolerance for that stuff has ended with the “me too movement” today.
He was fired for cause. So I seriously doubt they are going to pay him anything.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
MicMan
Swell

I guess someone didn't like my post saying thanks to Dannen for being a pro and not caving to locals on the baseball hire. ASnd what of the posters here who vowed never to give another dime to dear old Tulane because it didn't hire Andy? Crickets.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
He was fired for cause. So I seriously doubt they are going to pay him anything.
Cause or a non-negotiated resignation and he gets nothing.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Well nobody did care about baseball at Umass, but I digress. We did have 500+ at our tourney game, better than the normal 25-50 people. :D

Cheating on your wife or lying to the boss is one thing, I just have a hard time with cheating on a pregnant mother of two, perhaps that's a me problem that I need to get over. Honestly, I just can't recall any public figure coming back from such a situation.

It truly is sad.

Rant over......
Can you remember Bill Clinton?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Officially he resigned and was not fired. Had he refused perhaps he would had been fired for cause.
Legally being fired or resigning signify that the employment has ended, but when someone is fired it means that the employer has decided to sever the employment. In this case it will go down as the employee initiating the severance of employment. So in other words Miss St gave him the option of resigning first so he went with that option.
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

Yes, he wasn't going to get paid anything if he was fired, so they gave him a more "honorable" way out and he resigned.

Yes, it is generally good policy to NOT go with coach that Tulane insiders are pushing - they are worse than Dickson at picking coaches. On this rare occasion I agreed with the insiders - thankfully TD knew better.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

It truly is sad.

Rant over......
Hillary was pregnant with two little kids running around the white house, the more u know I guess.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:Yes, he wasn't going to get paid anything if he was fired, so they gave him a more "honorable" way out and he resigned.

Yes, it is generally good policy to NOT go with coach that Tulane insiders are pushing - they are worse than Dickson at picking coaches. On this rare occasion I agreed with the insiders - thankfully TD knew better.
Insiders also pushed Matt Riser. You can also assume had Andy been here he never meets up with her. So you’ll never know.
Jury still out on TJ.
Here’s what we do have. Two losing seasons in football, one in basketball going on probable 2, one in baseball (jury still out this early), one in WBB, one in W Golf, and one in Volleyball now.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

Maybe he and family can get through this and he could one day return to Tulane as an assistant.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

It truly is sad.

Rant over......
Hillary was pregnant with two little kids running around the white house, the more u know I guess.
No, she had one teenage daughter at the time. But Bill Clinton's job was a tad bit higher profile than AC's, and he bounced back just fine, thank you very much! (And cigar sales have never been better than they were in the aftermath of "Monica")
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Officially he resigned and was not fired. Had he refused perhaps he would had been fired for cause.
Legally being fired or resigning signify that the employment has ended, but when someone is fired it means that the employer has decided to sever the employment. In this case it will go down as the employee initiating the severance of employment. So in other words Miss St gave him the option of resigning first so he went with that option.
They did end up letting him resign. However under the circumstances that's probably the only concession he got from them and you couldn't fault them for that.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: They did end up letting him resign. However under the circumstances that's probably the only concession he got from them and you couldn't fault them for that.
Yep. Probably so.
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

She's getting roasted on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/lawells4/status/966018065296166913 https://twitter.com/lawells4/status/965961637424455680 https://twitter.com/lawells4/status/965960327572713472
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

I would absolutely love it if we could see the skeletons in the closets of the few posters on here passing judgement on Andy Cannizaro. He made a mistake and he'll have to live with it forever, his just happen to be public. Just keep all the parties involved in your thoughts and prayers. I feel terrible for Gaut, he was innocent. But he'll be fine, he's had dozens of offers from what i've heard over the last couple years.