Andy Cannizaro

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Wave755
Tsunami

Whew, I am sure glad we didn't hire that Cannizaro guy, he is a real loser, did you see how badly his Miss. St. team lost to LSU last night, or was it this morning?

Sarcasm!(But the way many on this forum evaluate coaches)

Show Me
Tsunami

McWave wrote:It's been a while since I graduated from Tulane but tell me which frosh or soph classes you thought were difficult? English 101-02, finite math (probability), etc. Tulane still offers study hall with tutors? Prior test bank? Usefull with lazy profs. Summer school is still available for smaller fall/spring class load? University college is still available? I didn't attend university college but I understand the curriculum and majors were different. Maybe Show Me can answer this one? TPS can elaborate on the athletic academic assistance I am sure.

Now biomechanics majors (big country, sothard, Matt riser, not me) I get it. Mass communications, sociology, etc. you flunk out....you have issues. Especially if you try. Now you party every night....maybe. But still hard to due.

And yes, who flunked out due to grades when they put in the effort?
We're talking about New Orleans Public Schools. Players don't flunk out, they drop out. "Flunked Out" is politically incorrect term these days and you won't hear that from Tulane. The SA's get "Incomplete's". Which occur on the field and in the classroom. Not everyone is as smart as you and I. Student Privacy Law prohibits the release of names. Call it what you want.
Profoundwizard
Swell

https://twitter.com/hailstatebb/status/ ... 9388322817 High praise for Cannizaro from Rooker. He says Cannizzaro will lead that program to multiple national championships.
Not bashing Jewett, just stating the facts, our players didn't feel the same about him.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:In case anybody was wondering he got swept at home by an LSwho team that all here have agreed isn't up to par w/past LSU teams.
Still think they aren't up to par?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They weren't at the time of that post.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wavetime
Swell

Happy Fathers Day to all of the dads out there!!

Well, the season has been completed now for several weeks and I still am extremely disappointed about this year as all of us are. We missed the boat on AC and I do think that ship has sailed.....unless all the stars fall into place and and we get a gift from the Gods with many 000's behind it...

Let me share a similar true story that is very close to home. My brother was the VP of a fortune 20 company for many years. That company changed CEO's and let's just say that the new management style was a bit different. My brother's boss (Sr. VP/Division Head/Board Member) decided that he didn't want to go through the change and retired. The logical next step for my brother was the Sr. VP/Division Head and I'm sure with time he would have been appointed to the board. The new CEO promoted him on an interim basis. When the year was up, the sales and profits increased by double digits and the other numbers such as retention etc. were up also. Well, when it came time to get the job full-time the new CEO started looking for someone else secretly. My brother of course found out about this and approached the CEO. The CEO admitted to the search and when asked why, his words were "you're not my guy"! It took my brother all of 2 weeks to select a job from his many offers. Several years after this happened the new CEO was out. The newest CEO seeked out my brother and not only offered him the job, but the financial package was a pretty significant increase from what it was just 3 years earlier. My brother's answer was "thank you, however I'm declining your offer". When asked why by the newest CEO, his answer was "you can't afford me"! It's now been several years since this offer took place and my brother has since left that other job and opened up his own company. Let's just say that everything worked out much better than anticipated for him. Looking back, if the new CEO had offered my brother the job (he had grown up the with company and had a tenure of 17 years at the time), he just may still be there.

So, I wish AC all the best and I have no doubt in my mind that he will be successful.

For me, it's time to move on - sigh! This was a tough one to take. I was a teenager when we didn't hire Lindy Infante and in my early 30's when we turned down RR. I truly hope that Jewitt can right the ship, and with the sheer volume of recruits that are coming in, he will definitely have his chance. So here's to you Jewitt, I'm all in. Let's go win some games and get back to where we belong!!!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I agree...time to move on...Andy, Riser and Jake are never coming back to Tulane...let's be honest, why the hell would they !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
msdos
Swell

Wavetime wrote:Happy Fathers Day to all of the dads out there!!

Well, the season has been completed now for several weeks and I still am extremely disappointed about this year as all of us are. We missed the boat on AC and I do think that ship has sailed.....unless all the stars fall into place and and we get a gift from the Gods with many 000's behind it...

Let me share a similar true story that is very close to home. My brother was the VP of a fortune 20 company for many years. That company changed CEO's and let's just say that the new management style was a bit different. My brother's boss (Sr. VP/Division Head/Board Member) decided that he didn't want to go through the change and retired. The logical next step for my brother was the Sr. VP/Division Head and I'm sure with time he would have been appointed to the board. The new CEO promoted him on an interim basis. When the year was up, the sales and profits increased by double digits and the other numbers such as retention etc. were up also. Well, when it came time to get the job full-time the new CEO started looking for someone else secretly. My brother of course found out about this and approached the CEO. The CEO admitted to the search and when asked why, his words were "you're not my guy"! It took my brother all of 2 weeks to select a job from his many offers. Several years after this happened the new CEO was out. The newest CEO seeked out my brother and not only offered him the job, but the financial package was a pretty significant increase from what it was just 3 years earlier. My brother's answer was "thank you, however I'm declining your offer". When asked why by the newest CEO, his answer was "you can't afford me"! It's now been several years since this offer took place and my brother has since left that other job and opened up his own company. Let's just say that everything worked out much better than anticipated for him. Looking back, if the new CEO had offered my brother the job (he had grown up the with company and had a tenure of 17 years at the time), he just may still be there.

So, I wish AC all the best and I have no doubt in my mind that he will be successful.

For me, it's time to move on - sigh! This was a tough one to take. I was a teenager when we didn't hire Lindy Infante and in my early 30's when we turned down RR. I truly hope that Jewitt can right the ship, and with the sheer volume of recruits that are coming in, he will definitely have his chance. So here's to you Jewitt, I'm all in. Let's go win some games and get back to where we belong!!!!!
This is exactly why Dannen is the worst thing to happen to Tulane Baseball.

Andy will go and win an SEC championship and probably a CWS in his time at Miss. St. If we want him after our little Napoleon is gone? Well, we won't be able to afford him!
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

msdos wrote:
Wavetime wrote:Happy Fathers Day to all of the dads out there!!

This is exactly why Dannen is the worst thing to happen to Tulane Baseball.

Andy will go and win an SEC championship and probably a CWS in his time at Miss. St. If we want him after our little Napoleon is gone? Well, we won't be able to afford him!
Exactly what i thought about Dannen when i read the story. Its a shame and so sad Dannen is slashing the baseball budget and ruining our only top 25 program and making it like all of our others. Can we hire Rick Jones for AD? Just like MSU hired Cohen. Football should be our enterprise but baseball is our brand. Always has been and is the case for all the schools in the south. But for some reason we find the one AD who is trying to destroy our brand and baseball to make basketball our brand because hes from iowa. so sad
Wave755
Tsunami

Wavetime wrote:
In 1979 Hindman Wall insulted Lindy Infante by not offering him the Tulane football head coaching job; Infante returned the insult in 1982 by declining Wall's offer of the Tulane head coaching job. In 1998 Scott Cowen insulted RichRod by not offering him the Tulane football head coaching job (although Sandy Barbour may have indeed offered RR the job? (see my post from 2013 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4326); RR returned the insult in 2011 by declining Cowen's offer of the Tulane head coaching job.

The Tulanes of the world get only one chance to hire a coach on the way up like an Infante, RR or Andy Cannizaro. And make no mistake, top flight coaches have egos as big as their ambitions, you only get to insult them once. And Wavetime is right, we will never match the salary of a top flight SEC baseball coach. So as to Cannizaro, "that bird has flown."
Show Me
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:
Wavetime wrote:
In 1979 Hindman Wall insulted Lindy Infante by not offering him the Tulane football head coaching job; Infante returned the insult in 1982 by declining Wall's offer of the Tulane head coaching job. In 1998 Scott Cowen insulted RichRod by not offering him the Tulane football head coaching job (although Sandy Barbour may have indeed offered RR the job? (see my post from 2013 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4326); RR returned the insult in 2011 by declining Cowen's offer of the Tulane head coaching job.

The Tulanes of the world get only one chance to hire a coach on the way up like an Infante, RR or Andy Cannizaro. And make no mistake, top flight coaches have egos as big as their ambitions, you only get to insult them once. And Wavetime is right, we will never match the salary of a top flight SEC baseball coach. So as to Cannizaro, "that bird has flown."
Sad to say but even Rick Dickson would have hired Andy. Tulane found the one AD in the country that managed to mess this slam dunk hire up.
Show Me something Dannen.
nowave
Ripple

RollWaveRoll wrote:
msdos wrote:
Wavetime wrote: Can we hire Rick Jones for AD?
smartest thing ive seen on this board in ages. why hire a guy whose finger is so far from the pulse in dannen when you could have had a guy like this? i doubt he was considered but he should have been. sure the end of his career wasnt as successful as some would have liked but he was loyal and loved this city. he would not have tried to use tulane as a stepping stone to a bigger job as dannen seems to be doing. couple that with the fact that he has forgotten more about what it takes to make tulane successful than dannen will ever know, and he not only should have been considered, he should have been hired.

great, i just gave myself an ulcer. happy fathers day to me.
McWave
High Tide

Rick Jones for AD is one thing we can all agree with.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:They weren't at the time of that post.
It's the same team. Just admit you were wrong
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I stand by my post. I have seen better LSU teams. Even their fans acknowledge that. Manieri is a great coach. He usually has them together at this point. They also acknowledge their luck. FSU's three errors won them the game.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I have seen better LSU teams too, but you failed to take into account how the talent was around the rest of the country. They've been top 10 in the country almost all year. You were wrong.
msdos
Swell

RollWaveRoll wrote:But for some reason we find the one AD who is trying to destroy our brand and baseball to make basketball our brand because hes from iowa. so sad
If he's ever ready to go back, I'll pay for his flight. I have extra money now that I don't have any desire to buy tickets.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You know more than their own fans. Right. Our fans love to say the SEC teams are overrated. Even their fans didn't feel like they belonged where they were ranked for most of the year. You can continue yoor hate fest on Tulane baseball all you want. They have created a thread on the other site for you to do just that. You can ruin your night, your summer and the rest of your life over it. That's your right. Our baseball season is over. I have been going to the games for over 50 years since they were free. I am a long time season ticket holder. I want the program to have success. However I get where it's at in importance. It's a minor sport. It's football season now. The players have reported for the summer session. Moving on.
nowave
Ripple

winwave wrote:You know more than their own fans. Right. Our fans love to say the SEC teams are overrated. Even their fans didn't feel like they belonged where they were ranked for most of the year. You can continue yoor hate fest on Tulane baseball all you want. They have created a thread on the other site for you to do just that. You can ruin your night, your summer and the rest of your life over it. That's your right. Our baseball season is over. I have been going to the games for over 50 years since they were free. I am a long time season ticket holder. I want the program to have success. However I get where it's at in importance. It's a minor sport. It's football season now. The players have reported for the summer session. Moving on.
youre no tulane fan if you consider baseball at tulane a minor sport. either that, or youre troy dannen. or both.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:You know more than their own fans. Right. Our fans love to say the SEC teams are overrated. Even their fans didn't feel like they belonged where they were ranked for most of the year. You can continue yoor hate fest on Tulane baseball all you want. They have created a thread on the other site for you to do just that. You can ruin your night, your summer and the rest of your life over it. That's your right. Our baseball season is over. I have been going to the games for over 50 years since they were free. I am a long time season ticket holder. I want the program to have success. However I get where it's at in importance. It's a minor sport. It's football season now. The players have reported for the summer session. Moving on.
I sure do know more than their own fans. They call for Mainieri to be fired every time he loses a midweek game. Our fans can be stupid too. You wont find any posts of mine calling the SEC overrated. Hasn't happened.
How is this hating on Tulane? I'm talking about LSU. This post from you is a complete deflection, you were wrong and would just like to change the subject.
Show Me
Tsunami

nowave wrote:
youre no tulane fan if you consider baseball at tulane a minor sport. either that, or youre troy dannen. or both.
He's not Troy Dannen but he's a shill carrying Dannen's water pail ever since he got picked to be on the fan committee.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

nowave wrote:
It is a minor sport in college. It's important to us but that doesn't change the fact that the football program is the one and only program that can save us. We need it to start making a huge turnaround sooner than later or we'' soon be out of the AAC and Tulane athletics will be dead. That's the reality.
chain gang x man
Swell

Show Me wrote:
nowave wrote:
He's not Troy Dannen but he's a shill carrying Dannen's water pail ever since he got picked to be on the fan committee.
And how has the fan committee done?
Plenty talk no action
Just smoke and mirrors
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
I sure do know more than their own fans. They call for Mainieri to be fired every time he loses a midweek game. Our fans can be stupid too. You wont find any posts of mine calling the SEC overrated. Hasn't happened.
How is this hating on Tulane? I'm talking about LSU. This post from you is a complete deflection, you were wrong and would just like to change the subject.
LOL. You don't. You proved my point above when you talked about them falling out of the top 10.Hell at one point they dropped out of the top 20 in one or two of them. That State series saved their season. It got them the Division championship and a share of the Conference title. Reverse it and they lose confidence instead of gaining it. As for this thread it's all about the hate and angst of the decision made. Hold onto it all you want.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
nowave wrote:
Agenda me still full of hate. I have criticized his gameday operations more than anyone. I have used my spot there to convey those directly to the Tulane reps that run it. I have used it to also share other misgivings of our fan base. I have gone about the position in the way it was intended and I am proud of my service there. I don't know if t will lead to any noticeable changes but I sure as hell have let them know what we think. Dannen appeared there once briefly. He has no idea who I am. But carry on with your agenda of hating on me. I'll just continue to feel sorry for you.