Mark Hamilton

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
wavemania
Surge

signed with the Braves! Good luck Hammy!

dpm wave
Swell

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2016/12/ ... uroscience

CR: What would you say was the most important experience you took from your time at Tulane that didn't come from the ball field?

MH: Hurricane Katrina may have been my first taste of legitimate uncertainty. I think it is normal to feel invincible at 21, and multiple prior school closings and evacuations that yielded no damage made us feel very safe. When Katrina had its sights on New Orleans, I just packed up a weekend’s worth of clothes, raised all my furniture and electronics onto cinder blocks and headed to my future wife’s apartment.

To be honest, we got incredibly close to riding it out, but when the storm refused to turn, and the mandatory evacuation orders came, we were fortunate enough to be able to head out of town. What resulted was one of the largest natural disasters in our nation’s history. Everything I owned was lost, my apartment was demolished into an empty lot, and my university closed until further notice. Not to mention this all happened the same school year I would enter the MLB draft.

While I do not pretend to understand what it meant for those who stayed, Hurricane Katrina changed my life forever. I learned how to handle an overwhelming emotional challenge, and how to maintain focus and ambition in unforeseen circumstances. I think everyone from New Orleans will remember their own "Katrina Story", and it will forever link the community of that wonderful city.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good find dpm! Thanks for sharing.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ironically enough, he'll probably be using a software product called Agility. This is infectious disease software that I sold to North Shore LIJ (now called Northwell Health) about 10 years ago! This is the biggest healthcare system in the NYC area. He will be busy whether they have him seeing patients, or tracking internal employee health.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

Another article. Pretty proud of this Greenie! www.stltoday.com/tncms/asset/editorial/ ... 091a1e7c78
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

If any of you have a subscription to the Athletic, go find a Nov 20 article by Peter Gammons on our former player. What a great young man.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It's a great read, but much of it is a reprint from an article published last spring/summer right after her started at NSLIJ after graduating early because of the pandemic.

Here's the later article: https://theathletic.com/2187671/2020/11 ... 20Hamilton

It's definitely worth reading. A true American hero.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V