Tanner Lee

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7006
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby golfnut69 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:42 pm

RobertM320 wrote:And when the games on the line, you can count on Tanner Lee for the game ending INT.

FINAL: Northern Illinois 21, Nebraska 17. Tanner Lee 25-47, 299 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS, 2 pick sixes.


I think he a at least one fumble...


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Surge
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:47 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:And when the games on the line, you can count on Tanner Lee for the game ending INT.

FINAL: Northern Illinois 21, Nebraska 17. Tanner Lee 25-47, 299 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS, 2 pick sixes.


I think he a at least one fumble...


I don't think that was an actual fumble Golf, well at least the box score didn't mark it as one. The moral of the story, Tanner Lee is the same Tanner Lee that left TU, a turnover machine.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 5926
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby RobertM320 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:14 pm

greenphantom wrote:Somewhere JJ is gritting his teeth and typing how poorly Nebraska's OL played today.




"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5201
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby DfromCT » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:21 pm

In his college career, Tanner now has an equal number of TD's and INTs (unless I'm off one and he has one more INT than TD.) And there were at least 3 or 4 passes that were dropped by NIU defenders, two of which couldn't have hit the NIU player any more squarely in the hands. Until he learns to stop locking in on the receiver, he will never be successful. And he certainly could not get away with this at the next level, more than half of his passes would be picked off if he played like this on Sunday.

Some posters here were calling for him to be a first round draft pick THIS YEAR, foregoing his 6th season in college. At this rate, he'll be on the bench before the calendar turns to October.
Last edited by DfromCT on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby greenphantom » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:22 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Somewhere JJ is gritting his teeth and typing how poorly Nebraska's OL played today.




LOL. The thought of tweeting he and Guerry Smith had crossed my mind.



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7006
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby golfnut69 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:24 pm

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:And when the games on the line, you can count on Tanner Lee for the game ending INT.

FINAL: Northern Illinois 21, Nebraska 17. Tanner Lee 25-47, 299 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS, 2 pick sixes.


I think he a at least one fumble...


I don't think that was an actual fumble Golf, well at least the box score didn't mark it as one. The moral of the story, Tanner Lee is the same Tanner Lee that left TU, a turnover machine.


I really want him to do well, he was not a good fit for the Fritz system...I like Mike Riley, but I thought he made a mistake in taking the Nebraska job...now we can speculate who will be the first coach fired..Riley of Jim Mora Jr


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Surge
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:38 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:And when the games on the line, you can count on Tanner Lee for the game ending INT.

FINAL: Northern Illinois 21, Nebraska 17. Tanner Lee 25-47, 299 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS, 2 pick sixes.


I think he a at least one fumble...


I don't think that was an actual fumble Golf, well at least the box score didn't mark it as one. The moral of the story, Tanner Lee is the same Tanner Lee that left TU, a turnover machine.


I really want him to do well, he was not a good fit for the Fritz system...I like Mike Riley, but I thought he made a mistake in taking the Nebraska job...now we can speculate who will be the first coach fired..Riley of Jim Mora Jr


I'll give you a better candidate on the hot seat, Kevin Sumlin. Talk about looking bad against UL LA LA at home....



User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Surge
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:40 pm

greenphantom wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Somewhere JJ is gritting his teeth and typing how poorly Nebraska's OL played today.




LOL. The thought of tweeting he and Guerry Smith had crossed my mind.


Robert, us millennials would say about your tweet, 0 chill. :lol: absolutely savage and hilarious.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 5926
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby RobertM320 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Well, he hasn't bothered to respond to me. :)


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7006
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby golfnut69 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:00 pm

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:And when the games on the line, you can count on Tanner Lee for the game ending INT.

FINAL: Northern Illinois 21, Nebraska 17. Tanner Lee 25-47, 299 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS, 2 pick sixes.


I think he a at least one fumble...


I don't think that was an actual fumble Golf, well at least the box score didn't mark it as one. The moral of the story, Tanner Lee is the same Tanner Lee that left TU, a turnover machine.


I really want him to do well, he was not a good fit for the Fritz system...I like Mike Riley, but I thought he made a mistake in taking the Nebraska job...now we can speculate who will be the first coach fired..Riley of Jim Mora Jr


I'll give you a better candidate on the hot seat, Kevin Sumlin. Talk about looking bad against UL LA LA at home....


I agree...If Sumlin has lost to Louisiana Laugh-eye-ette he would have been fired before he got to the locker room following the game


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

puffy
Surge
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am
Status: Online

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby puffy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Well, my assessment of Lee hasn't changed despite the change in scenery and upgrade in overall offensive help: he throws a pretty ball, but the nuances of quarterbacking is something that he probably will not master. He's similar to JP Losman in that both can spin the ball, but the other intangibles of quarterbacking seem to elude them or never develop.

Tanner is both experienced and old (5th year in college). Against a lesser opponent like NIU, he should be putting up video game numbers.



greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby greenphantom » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:41 pm

RobertM320 wrote:Well, he hasn't bothered to respond to me. :)


I did end up tweeting something similar to JJ and he didn't respond to that one either. There were some recent tweets how he was defending Lee's performance vs Oregon as if it was one bad game. I miss JJ's insight on this board but he was dead wrong on this subject. I do still think Lee has potential to be an NFL backup QB but the Brady comparisons or the 1st round predictions were ridiculous.



DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5201
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby DfromCT » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:00 pm

puffy wrote:Well, my assessment of Lee hasn't changed despite the change in scenery and upgrade in overall offensive help: he throws a pretty ball, but the nuances of quarterbacking is something that he probably will not master. He's similar to JP Losman in that both can spin the ball, but the other intangibles of quarterbacking seem to elude them or never develop.

Tanner is both experienced and old (5th year in college). Against a lesser opponent like NIU, he should be putting up video game numbers.


Lee has done nothing. Losman was a pretty good D1 QB.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 1536
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby Wave QB » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:13 pm

What a garbage performance by Tanner. Nebraska fans are now calling for his starting position.



sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5379
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby sader24 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:56 pm

A lot of people were wrong about Lee, myself included. There is talent there but there is also something missing. I don't think it's quite over yet for him, but I imagine he better turn it around next week or it will be.



mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5094
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby mbawavefan12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:59 pm

greenphantom wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Well, he hasn't bothered to respond to me. :)


I did end up tweeting something similar to JJ and he didn't respond to that one either. There were some recent tweets how he was defending Lee's performance vs Oregon as if it was one bad game. I miss JJ's insight on this board but he was dead wrong on this subject. I do still think Lee has potential to be an NFL backup QB but the Brady comparisons or the 1st round predictions were ridiculous.


NFL? The kid has no shot making it through the B10 as a starter. It's over. Five years in and he just looks at one reciever the entire play. Nice kid, but he is done.



greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby greenphantom » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:10 am

mbawavefan12 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Well, he hasn't bothered to respond to me. :)


I did end up tweeting something similar to JJ and he didn't respond to that one either. There were some recent tweets how he was defending Lee's performance vs Oregon as if it was one bad game. I miss JJ's insight on this board but he was dead wrong on this subject. I do still think Lee has potential to be an NFL backup QB but the Brady comparisons or the 1st round predictions were ridiculous.


NFL? The kid has no shot making it through the B10 as a starter. It's over. Five years in and he just looks at one reciever the entire play. Nice kid, but he is done.


Because of his arm and what he shows in practice, he will at least be a practice squad player for a while. I never doubted he had NFL ability. I just felt 5th-7th round pick was a much more reasonable projection than 1st round.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 5926
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby RobertM320 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:28 am

There's two parts to being an NFL QB, talent and smarts. Unfortunately, Tanner got the same one that Jamarcus Russell had.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

User avatar
Eaglewave
Swell
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:36 am
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby Eaglewave » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 am

Nebraska fans now want to give O'Brien start in their next game. If Nebraska decided to bench Lee and O'Brien comes in and doesn't turn the ball over, we might see a two QB rotation from the Huskers. However, if he does those things and finds ways to win like Tebow, then we can close the Tanner Lee thread because his career will be over. Good luck to Tanner, but this kid is really F'n up a big time opportunity that many solid dual threat and pocket passers don't get.

Tanner has been around the FBS game for 5 years and still can't stop tossing picks. He needs to focus on being a all conference pick before a NFL draft pick. He has now thrown 3TD's and 7 INT's in his last two games! Hell, he tossed 7 INT's in his last year here! This is not pretty at all. His Tulane and Nebraska stats now stand at 28 TD's and 28 INT's.


" Lee looked good today, Montana looked good, Powell did some good things, Jordy looked great! Having all of these QB's who can all make plays is a great problem to have!" ( Former Head Coach Curtis Johnson)

puffy
Surge
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am
Status: Online

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby puffy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:42 am

DfromCT wrote:
puffy wrote:Well, my assessment of Lee hasn't changed despite the change in scenery and upgrade in overall offensive help: he throws a pretty ball, but the nuances of quarterbacking is something that he probably will not master. He's similar to JP Losman in that both can spin the ball, but the other intangibles of quarterbacking seem to elude them or never develop.

Tanner is both experienced and old (5th year in college). Against a lesser opponent like NIU, he should be putting up video game numbers.


Lee has done nothing. Losman was a pretty good D1 QB.



I agree with that. I was speaking more though on the terms of the NFL, not necessarily college.



HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby HoustonWave » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Tanner Lee is the college version of Matt Schaub. Both are record breaking Pick 6 Machines.


Tulane is the University of Louisiana

User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby Show Me » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Tanner has to learn how to look off his receivers. This is something that comes with live game experience. It's really sad because he has all the physical skills to make it but if he can't grasp the mental aspect he'll never flourish.



Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 1536
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby Wave QB » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:39 pm

Show Me wrote:Tanner has to learn how to look off his receivers. This is something that comes with live game experience. It's really sad because he has all the physical skills to make it but if he can't grasp the mental aspect he'll never flourish.


Tanner has 21 starts at the FBS level. How much live game experience does it take?



puffy
Surge
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am
Status: Online

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby puffy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:55 am

His completion percentages have also been bad throughout his career. Someone on Twitter posted that he completed 49% of throws in HS, 53% at Tulane, and now 52% thru 3 games at Nebraska.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16480
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Tanner Lee

Postby tpstulane » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:51 am

He's getting killed behind that Nebraska OL. May be worst than the OL he had at Tulane. Watching the film his first pick was film study, 2nd one he got blindsided and was hit while throwing and the last ended the game was a forced bad throw. On the bright side he ran for two TD's.
phpBB [video]


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest