Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
netshorty
Surge

tpstulane wrote:Tanner may have just hit the lottery. Announcement coming soon.
CJ being announced as Nebraska coach? :D

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Tanner may have just hit the lottery. Announcement coming soon.
CJ being announced as Nebraska coach? :D
No. He hit the Pick 6 :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

I'm assuming that he's transferring, and that would likely be a better choice than entering the draft.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:I'm assuming that he's transferring, and that would likely be a better choice than entering the draft.
Wazzu, here he comes...Western Washington, Eastern Idaho is lovey this time of year
Last edited by golfnut69 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote:I'm assuming that he's transferring, and that would likely be a better choice than entering the draft.
If Scott Frost lands in Nebraska Tanner should meet with him ASAP and see what his plans and advice would be. If he stays then he’ll be the starter if he leaves then Frost wants a fresh start.
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
If Scott Frost lands in Nebraska Tanner should meet with him ASAP and see what his plans and advice would be. If he stays then he’ll be the starter if he leaves then Frost wants a fresh start.
I think Lee would be best suited for an either an QB hungry SEC program that has a stable head coaching situation (i.e. Georgia) or a QB hungry B1G program that has a strong roster (i.e. Michigan) at this point. Now, whether those programs are interested in him is a different story.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
I think Lee would be best suited for an either an QB hungry SEC program that has a stable head coaching situation (i.e. Georgia) or a QB hungry B1G program that has a strong roster (i.e. Michigan) at this point. Now, whether those programs are interested in him is a different story.
Good thing is wherever he goes he’ll be the starter for sure before going.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Wash St, Oklahoma or LSU? Brennan and Narcisse are not sure things by any means.
Jaxwave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
He doesn't fit what Frost does on offense. Frost wants mobile QB.
chain gang x man
Swell

Tanner Lee gives up his 6th year to enter NFI draft

https://twitter.com/tannerlee13_/status ... 0733017093
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Good luck to him. If he's going to get drafted, he needs to have a great pro day and very good combine. Maybe it's because he just declared today, but I've looked at half a dozen prospect lists, including a few that go 25+ deep, and he's not even mentioned. He always has looked great in practice, so maybe he works his way into the draft.

Again, best of luck. He never did anything for us to root against him.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
chain gang x man
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Good luck to him. If he's going to get drafted, he needs to have a great pro day and very good combine. Maybe it's because he just declared today, but I've looked at half a dozen prospect lists, including a few that go 25+ deep, and he's not even mentioned. He always has looked great in practice, so maybe he works his way into the draft.

Again, best of luck. He never did anything for us to root against him.
At best late round pick or undrafted free agent
ajcalhoun
Swell

chain gang x man wrote: At best late round pick or undrafted free agent
I'll be interested to see if Sean Payton puts his money where his mouth was.
God Bless Everyone!
Wavetime
Swell

Good Luck to him. I hope he sticks on some team.
dpm wave
Swell

Twitter-verse being a bit brutal
http://twitter.com/TannerLee13_/status/ ... 0733017093
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

dpm wave wrote:Twitter-verse being a bit brutal
http://twitter.com/TannerLee13_/status/ ... 0733017093
But three tweets down they are mentioning him with Tom Brady! :mrgreen:

https://twitter.com/USC1620/status/9464 ... 03201?s=17
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

He just hired Jonathan Joseph to be his agent.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:He just hired Jonathan Joseph to be his agent.
LOL! I'll bet JJ would try to get him first round money regardless of where or whether he was drafted! I miss JJ. I didn't always agree with him, but he had some interesting viewpoints and understand a lot of the peripheral stuff, like TV contracts, Cable vs. cord-cutters, etc.

Sean Payton and the GM (I don't think it's Mickey Loomis anymore) should give Tanner a shot if he goes undrafted.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
LOL! I'll bet JJ would try to get him first round money regardless of where or whether he was drafted! I miss JJ. I didn't always agree with him, but he had some interesting viewpoints and understand a lot of the peripheral stuff, like TV contracts, Cable vs. cord-cutters, etc.

Sean Payton and the GM (I don't think it's Mickey Loomis anymore) should give Tanner a shot if he goes undrafted.
It is still Loomis. However, they did add Jeff Ireland a couple of years ago to help with scouting. So far, the last two drafts have been great.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

It is still Loomis. However, they did add Jeff Ireland a couple of years ago to help with scouting. So far, the last two drafts have been great.
Kamara was the absolute steal of the draft.
Eaglewave
Swell

Wow! Tanner really should play his last year of college football after proving nothing in college. Tanner should have taken advantage of being a grown man among college boys.
Ball Sumrall!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote:Wow! Tanner really should play his last year of college football after proving nothing in college. Tanner should have taken advantage of being a grown man among college boys.
Even as a "man among boys", Tanner spending another year at Nebraska would likely be just another year of Pick 6's. He might as well try to fool the NFL brain trusts now, rather than just getting another year older. Either way, his only chance to get a shot at the NFL is some Houdini magic at the combines.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
MicMan
Swell

Two words: Rick McIvor. He could throw it 90 yards. Does anyone remember him?

Your record is what you are.
greenphantom
Swell

I’ve been critical of Tanner but he did play better 2nd half of year and I would not mind seeing the Saints spend a late round pick on him. Hopefully the light will turn on. I do think he has enough talent to stick around for a few years in the league. Remember Jonathan Quinn? He stuck around for 7 years and he was horrible his 1st 2 years at Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I do remember Quinn. Told the staff he was their best QB and they should be playing him. He transferred and got to start and got to play in the league.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.