Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:And when the games on the line, you can count on Tanner Lee for the game ending INT.

FINAL: Northern Illinois 21, Nebraska 17. Tanner Lee 25-47, 299 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS, 2 pick sixes.
I think he a at least one fumble...

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:And when the games on the line, you can count on Tanner Lee for the game ending INT.

FINAL: Northern Illinois 21, Nebraska 17. Tanner Lee 25-47, 299 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS, 2 pick sixes.
I don't think that was an actual fumble Golf, well at least the box score didn't mark it as one. The moral of the story, Tanner Lee is the same Tanner Lee that left TU, a turnover machine.
RobertM320
Green Wave

greenphantom wrote:Somewhere JJ is gritting his teeth and typing how poorly Nebraska's OL played today.
https://twitter.com/RFMoldaner/status/9 ... 1737285632
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

In his college career, Tanner now has an equal number of TD's and INTs (unless I'm off one and he has one more INT than TD.) And there were at least 3 or 4 passes that were dropped by NIU defenders, two of which couldn't have hit the NIU player any more squarely in the hands. Until he learns to stop locking in on the receiver, he will never be successful. And he certainly could not get away with this at the next level, more than half of his passes would be picked off if he played like this on Sunday.

Some posters here were calling for him to be a first round draft pick THIS YEAR, foregoing his 6th season in college. At this rate, he'll be on the bench before the calendar turns to October.
Last edited by DfromCT on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenphantom
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Somewhere JJ is gritting his teeth and typing how poorly Nebraska's OL played today.
LOL. The thought of tweeting he and Guerry Smith had crossed my mind.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I don't think that was an actual fumble Golf, well at least the box score didn't mark it as one. The moral of the story, Tanner Lee is the same Tanner Lee that left TU, a turnover machine.
I really want him to do well, he was not a good fit for the Fritz system...I like Mike Riley, but I thought he made a mistake in taking the Nebraska job...now we can speculate who will be the first coach fired..Riley of Jim Mora Jr
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I really want him to do well, he was not a good fit for the Fritz system...I like Mike Riley, but I thought he made a mistake in taking the Nebraska job...now we can speculate who will be the first coach fired..Riley of Jim Mora Jr
I'll give you a better candidate on the hot seat, Kevin Sumlin. Talk about looking bad against UL LA LA at home....
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

greenphantom wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
LOL. The thought of tweeting he and Guerry Smith had crossed my mind.
Robert, us millennials would say about your tweet, 0 chill. :lol: absolutely savage and hilarious.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Well, he hasn't bothered to respond to me. :)
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I'll give you a better candidate on the hot seat, Kevin Sumlin. Talk about looking bad against UL LA LA at home....
I agree...If Sumlin has lost to Louisiana Laugh-eye-ette he would have been fired before he got to the locker room following the game
puffy
Surge

Well, my assessment of Lee hasn't changed despite the change in scenery and upgrade in overall offensive help: he throws a pretty ball, but the nuances of quarterbacking is something that he probably will not master. He's similar to JP Losman in that both can spin the ball, but the other intangibles of quarterbacking seem to elude them or never develop.

Tanner is both experienced and old (5th year in college). Against a lesser opponent like NIU, he should be putting up video game numbers.
greenphantom
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Well, he hasn't bothered to respond to me. :)
I did end up tweeting something similar to JJ and he didn't respond to that one either. There were some recent tweets how he was defending Lee's performance vs Oregon as if it was one bad game. I miss JJ's insight on this board but he was dead wrong on this subject. I do still think Lee has potential to be an NFL backup QB but the Brady comparisons or the 1st round predictions were ridiculous.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

puffy wrote:Well, my assessment of Lee hasn't changed despite the change in scenery and upgrade in overall offensive help: he throws a pretty ball, but the nuances of quarterbacking is something that he probably will not master. He's similar to JP Losman in that both can spin the ball, but the other intangibles of quarterbacking seem to elude them or never develop.

Tanner is both experienced and old (5th year in college). Against a lesser opponent like NIU, he should be putting up video game numbers.
Lee has done nothing. Losman was a pretty good D1 QB.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave QB
Swell

What a garbage performance by Tanner. Nebraska fans are now calling for his starting position.
sader24
Tsunami

A lot of people were wrong about Lee, myself included. There is talent there but there is also something missing. I don't think it's quite over yet for him, but I imagine he better turn it around next week or it will be.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

greenphantom wrote:
I did end up tweeting something similar to JJ and he didn't respond to that one either. There were some recent tweets how he was defending Lee's performance vs Oregon as if it was one bad game. I miss JJ's insight on this board but he was dead wrong on this subject. I do still think Lee has potential to be an NFL backup QB but the Brady comparisons or the 1st round predictions were ridiculous.
NFL? The kid has no shot making it through the B10 as a starter. It's over. Five years in and he just looks at one reciever the entire play. Nice kid, but he is done.
greenphantom
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
NFL? The kid has no shot making it through the B10 as a starter. It's over. Five years in and he just looks at one reciever the entire play. Nice kid, but he is done.
Because of his arm and what he shows in practice, he will at least be a practice squad player for a while. I never doubted he had NFL ability. I just felt 5th-7th round pick was a much more reasonable projection than 1st round.
RobertM320
Green Wave

There's two parts to being an NFL QB, talent and smarts. Unfortunately, Tanner got the same one that Jamarcus Russell had.
Eaglewave
Swell

Nebraska fans now want to give O'Brien start in their next game. If Nebraska decided to bench Lee and O'Brien comes in and doesn't turn the ball over, we might see a two QB rotation from the Huskers. However, if he does those things and finds ways to win like Tebow, then we can close the Tanner Lee thread because his career will be over. Good luck to Tanner, but this kid is really F'n up a big time opportunity that many solid dual threat and pocket passers don't get.

Tanner has been around the FBS game for 5 years and still can't stop tossing picks. He needs to focus on being a all conference pick before a NFL draft pick. He has now thrown 3TD's and 7 INT's in his last two games! Hell, he tossed 7 INT's in his last year here! This is not pretty at all. His Tulane and Nebraska stats now stand at 28 TD's and 28 INT's.
Ball Sumrall!
puffy
Surge

DfromCT wrote:
puffy wrote:Well, my assessment of Lee hasn't changed despite the change in scenery and upgrade in overall offensive help: he throws a pretty ball, but the nuances of quarterbacking is something that he probably will not master. He's similar to JP Losman in that both can spin the ball, but the other intangibles of quarterbacking seem to elude them or never develop.

Lee has done nothing. Losman was a pretty good D1 QB.

I agree with that. I was speaking more though on the terms of the NFL, not necessarily college.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Tanner Lee is the college version of Matt Schaub. Both are record breaking Pick 6 Machines.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Tsunami

Tanner has to learn how to look off his receivers. This is something that comes with live game experience. It's really sad because he has all the physical skills to make it but if he can't grasp the mental aspect he'll never flourish.
Wave QB
Swell

Show Me wrote:Tanner has to learn how to look off his receivers. This is something that comes with live game experience. It's really sad because he has all the physical skills to make it but if he can't grasp the mental aspect he'll never flourish.
Tanner has 21 starts at the FBS level. How much live game experience does it take?
puffy
Surge

His completion percentages have also been bad throughout his career. Someone on Twitter posted that he completed 49% of throws in HS, 53% at Tulane, and now 52% thru 3 games at Nebraska.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He's getting killed behind that Nebraska OL. May be worst than the OL he had at Tulane. Watching the film his first pick was film study, 2nd one he got blindsided and was hit while throwing and the last ended the game was a forced bad throw. On the bright side he ran for two TD's.
phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981