Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote:
winwave wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree about his mechanics.They were the reason Neu was so high on him.
His size and his mechanics for a 1 year high school starter were what he was high on. That's actually the things I liked about Lee. Mechanics can be upgraded and polished. That's what I saw in the Nebraska spring game.

Looking forward to seeing him vs Arkansas State. Tanner can very well go into the Ohio State game undefeated this season if Nebraska's defense is clicking. The should have a pretty decent running game to help him out.
Like I said we'll have to agree to disagree. His mechanics are classic. The type you show to others to learn from and that's what Neu saw and he wasn't grading on a curve.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
winwave wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree about his mechanics.They were the reason Neu was so high on him.
His size and his mechanics for a 1 year high school starter were what he was high on. That's actually the things I liked about Lee. Mechanics can be upgraded and polished. That's what I saw in the Nebraska spring game.

Looking forward to seeing him vs Arkansas State. Tanner can very well go into the Ohio State game undefeated this season if Nebraska's defense is clicking. The should have a pretty decent running game to help him out.
Like I said we'll have to agree to disagree. His mechanics are classic. The type you show to others to learn from and that's what Neu saw and he wasn't grading on a curve.
Classic mechanics? I didn't catch that from watching him. Especially when it was game time. The Tanner I saw at practice showed flashes of good mechanics. We just won't agree there. I do wish that Nue would have stayed with him.

Anyway, I am glad he will get a chance to prove that he is a good quarterback because he did not for Tulane. Tanner had some tools, but he wasn't ready for his close up as I predicted. Now, he a 5th year man with experience, better coaching, a running game, and most of all, a better offensive line. Tanner will be in a bigger conference, but he is now a FBS veteran who has seen a lot. I really hope he does well.
Show Me
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote:
winwave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

Classic mechanics? I didn't catch that from watching him. Especially when it was game time. The Tanner I saw at practice showed flashes of good mechanics. We just won't agree there. I do wish that Nue would have stayed with him.

Anyway, I am glad he will get a chance to prove that he is a good quarterback because he did not for Tulane. Tanner had some tools, but he wasn't ready for his close up as I predicted. Now, he a 5th year man with experience, better coaching, a running game, and most of all, a better offensive line. Tanner will be in a bigger conference, but he is now a FBS veteran who has seen a lot. I really hope he does well.
I laugh when I read "he's a 5th year man". It's so misleading. He's only played in 19 games. He's had concussions and other injuries. He wasted his first year at Tulane on the bench and he sat at all last year due to his transfer. You get experience on the field not on the bench. So he's played less than 2 full seasons. This is barely his 3rd year because he's missed more time then he's played. Quit with the 5 year nonsense it's his 3rd year on the field. And at Jesuit he only got on the field in the middle of his Jr year. He's now under his 3rd QB coach so all that other time spent off the field counts for zilch.
I like him but he has to "Show Me" something.
Last edited by Show Me on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote:
winwave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

We definitely disagree. As SM noted he doesn't have that much experience as he only played in 19 games. What he has has been there all along. He now has solid coaching and his O-Line will be better even tough it's not that highly regarded by analyst. Anything will be better than what he had here. He deserves good things after taking the beating here and coming back and asking for more. He was as loyal as they come and is much deserving of good things.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote: He deserves good things after taking the beating here and coming back and asking for more. He was as loyal as they come and is much deserving of good things.
This.

I still wish he had stayed and given it a shot in Fritz's system.

Regardless it's ironical that he now goes to a Nebraska running a pro style passing offense instead of Tulane with a running QB offense. Who would have predicted that with UN's history of Devaney and Osborne?
Wave QB
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
winwave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

I laugh when I read "he's a 5th year man". It's so misleading. He's only played in 19 games. He's had concussions and other injuries. He wasted his first year at Tulane on the bench and he sat at all last year due to his transfer. You get experience on the field not on the bench. So he's played less than 2 full seasons. This is barely his 3rd year because he's missed more time then he's played. Quit with the 5 year nonsense it's his 3rd year on the field. And at Jesuit he only got on the field in the middle of his Jr year. He's now under his 3rd QB coach so all that other time spent off the field counts for zilch.
Only 19 games? Really? What is that supposed to mean? Playing in 19 games isn't considered a small in college football. I know it's not 30, but it's not 5 either. Yes. He gets the "5th year man" tag because he has been around the collegiate game for a long time and has seen many things. He has seen more that a sophomore who has played in 20 games. This is not to throw shots at him, this is to acknowledge that he had more experience and wisdom than most of ths kids on the field. I am pushing the fact that this should play in his favor. I expect Tanner to light up the scoreboard now.
Show Me
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
winwave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

Only 19 games? Really? What is that supposed to mean? Playing in 19 games isn't considered a small in college football. I know it's not 30, but it's not 5 either. Yes. He gets the "5th year man" tag because he has been around the collegiate game for a long time and has seen many things. He has seen more that a sophomore who has played in 20 games. This is not to throw shots at him, this is to acknowledge that he had more experience and wisdom than most of ths kids on the field. I am pushing the fact that this should play in his favor. I expect Tanner to light up the scoreboard now.
19 games equals 1.58 years of playing time.
He learned more at Jesuit. The 3 years wasted at Tulane under the Price Bros regressed him 3 years. He's finally getting some legit D1 coaching.
He's not your typical 5 year QB that's all I'm saying. It's not fair to the kid. At the least his freshman year was a complete waste. He may have benefited from his redshirt at Nebraska.
Wave QB
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
winwave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

19 games equals 1.58 years of playing time.
He learned more at Jesuit. The 3 years wasted at Tulane under the Price Bros regressed him 3 years. He's finally getting some legit D1 coaching.
He's not your typical 5 year QB that's all I'm saying. It's not fair to the kid. At the least his freshman year was a complete waste. He may have benefited from his redshirt at Nebraska.
Tanner is not a rookie, and he isn't about to get his first real FBS regular season start. 19 FBS regular season games 19 FBS regular season games. It's more some NFL quarterbacks had before their breakout season. So let's put that to rest. The truth of the matter is that Tanner is about to have an opportunity to redeem himself of two terrible seasons of being a our starting quarterback. Is it all his fault? Heck no! But he did underperform.

Nebraska fans don't care about 1.58 years of playing time. They know that they have a veteran quarterback with more experience on their roster than the other quarterbacks. To them and the rest of the college football world, he is a 5th year senior expected to lead them to a darn good season. The breastmilk dried out at Yulman. He is a man taking snaps.

I can't debate or disagree with the crappy card hand he was issued by the previous staff, but Griffin, Powell, Montana and Joseph had the same hand. Lucky for Tanner Lee, he will get a golden opportunity to lead Nebraska to a great season. Hopefully, he steps up like a 5th year senior should and get the job done. I do expect him to have a better line, running game, offensive play calling, and wide outs than he did here. I hope it works out for him.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: I laugh when I read "he's a 5th year man". It's so misleading. He's only played in 19 games. He's had concussions and other injuries. He wasted his first year at Tulane on the bench and he sat at all last year due to his transfer. You get experience on the field not on the bench. So he's played less than 2 full seasons. This is barely his 3rd year because he's missed more time then he's played. Quit with the 5 year nonsense it's his 3rd year on the field. And at Jesuit he only got on the field in the middle of his Jr year. He's now under his 3rd QB coach so all that other time spent off the field counts for zilch.
Laugh all you want, but he's been in college for five seasons. That makes him older, stronger, more experienced. Who cares how many games he's started? FACT IS: he's not 18 years old just getting his feet wet at the FBS level. If he's ever going to live up to the hype, it's now or never. I hope he does, as he throws a nice ball. But his first years at FBS level he looked more like a deer in the headlights save for two games.

Did Aaron Rodgers grow while sitting pine in Green Bay behind Brett Favre? Steve Young behind Joe Montana? Saying you don't learn or gain experience without playing games is far dumber than saying he's a fifth year player. One is very accurate and a fact, the other is ludicrous.

Again, I wish him luck in his FIFTH year of college football. And his SIXTH as well.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Eaglewave
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote: I laugh when I read "he's a 5th year man". It's so misleading. He's only played in 19 games. He's had concussions and other injuries. He wasted his first year at Tulane on the bench and he sat at all last year due to his transfer. You get experience on the field not on the bench. So he's played less than 2 full seasons. This is barely his 3rd year because he's missed more time then he's played. Quit with the 5 year nonsense it's his 3rd year on the field. And at Jesuit he only got on the field in the middle of his Jr year. He's now under his 3rd QB coach so all that other time spent off the field counts for zilch.
Laugh all you want, but he's been in college for five seasons. That makes him older, stronger, more experienced. Who cares how many games he's started? FACT IS: he's not 18 years old just getting his feet wet at the FBS level. If he's ever going to live up to the hype, it's now or never. I hope he does, as he throws a nice ball. But his first years at FBS level he looked more like a deer in the headlights save for two games.

Did Aaron Rodgers grow while sitting pine in Green Bay behind Brett Favre? Steve Young behind Joe Montana? Saying you don't learn or gain experience without playing games is far dumber than saying he's a fifth year player. One is very accurate and a fact, the other is ludicrous.

Again, I wish him luck in his FIFTH year of college football. And his SIXTH as well.
Agreed. Tanner Lee is a 5th year senior. As QB stated, he had the same issues under CJ and company that all of the other did. I really thought he was hyped up before I saw him tossing rifles at practice and during pregame warmups in 2013. He has the arm, weight and height to be something special. I still feel that Tulsa game ruined the spirit of the team, but that doesn't excuse his poor play at Tulane. He was a baby then, but he is a grown ass man now. Tanner looked good at the spring game for the Huskers and he has a golden opportunity to make some noise. Nebrask's schedule is really set up for him to shine. He better handle his business because Nebraska's coaching staff is in the hot seat and there is no room for training wheels. He has to show out.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Front page USA Today with video. Lee projected high in the draft probably and one and done at Nebraska.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 492704001/
With one profound difference: Lee is built for the next level. Already, Nebraska coaches have considered the possibility that he’ll be a one-and-done recruit — a player who transfers in, redshirts and then flourishes before hopping into the NFL, leaving an additional year of eligibility on the table. It’s a trade the staff will take, of course.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Front page USA Today with video. Lee projected high in the draft probably and one and done at Nebraska.
With one profound difference: Lee is built for the next level. Already, Nebraska coaches have considered the possibility that he’ll be a one-and-done recruit — a player who transfers in, redshirts and then flourishes before hopping into the NFL, leaving an additional year of eligibility on the table. It’s a trade the staff will take, of course.

He should be one and done at Nebraska because he's in his fifth year of college. These six years exemptions are a joke.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Front page USA Today with video. Lee projected high in the draft probably and one and done at Nebraska.
He's the next Tom Brady. Why risk a Hall of Fame NFL career playing a sixth year in the minor leagues when you don't have to?
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
He's the next Tom Brady. Why risk a Hall of Fame NFL career playing a sixth year in the minor leagues when you don't have to?
No doubt. He'll finally be playing behind a decent OL. It's exciting to see this young man reach his full potential. All the experts have him going in the top 5 of all QB's.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
No doubt. He'll finally be playing behind a decent OL. It's exciting to see this young man reach his full potential. All the experts have him going in the top 5 of all QB's.
And if he plays up to the potential he flashed in practices and preseason camps that he did at Tulane he might be one of the top QB's taken, not just a top 5. But if he wilts in the games as he did under admitted porous O-line protection at Tulane, and continues his tendency to throw interceptions, he might go undrafted, or simply return to Nebraska for his sixth season.

There has been no questioning his arm since his Junior year of HS. But playing QB is a whole lot more than having a great arm. I hope he shows he's matured in the past two years, and given protection shows why Mike Neu nicknamed him Tom Brady. But the jury is out, no doubt.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

His TD/Int. numbers made progress from year one to year two and that was even with a horrible excuse for an offensive line and with no coaching whatsoever. He played through multiple injuries. Where he is going the line will of course be better than what he had here however it's line is not considered strong for that level of competition. The real difference will be the coaching . He very much wanted to stay here. He deserves nothing but good fortune after what he went through at Tulane.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Lee is being considered by some to be in the same league as the QBs from Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Wyoming, USC, UCLA, Louisville, FSU, Memphis, and Washington State for the 2018 draft?

That's a bold assessment given his record so far.
wave97
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Lee is being considered by some to be in the same league as the QBs from Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Wyoming, USC, UCLA, Louisville, FSU, Memphis, and Washington State for the 2018 draft?

That's a bold assessment given his record so far.
I am glad to see Tanner receiving the pre-season hype. He'll have his chance to shine with a solid team & staff. You could shake a stick at most high school programs in Louisiana and bring in a better offensive staff than CJ's murderer's row of maladroits.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

On the Unitas watch list. Lee also representing Nebraska on Big 10 media day.
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/tann ... user-share
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

I've been critical of Tanner but I am anxious to see how he does. I'm not sold on the preseason hype though until he performs well in live games on a consistent basis. I think we can all at least agree that the coaching he had at Tulane did suck.
Wave QB
Swell

greenphantom wrote:I've been critical of Tanner but I am anxious to see how he does. I'm not sold on the preseason hype though until he performs well in live games on a consistent basis. I think we can all at least agree that the coaching he had at Tulane did suck.
I feel the same way. I just wish we all could have agreed on the same problem when Montana, Powell and Jordy were taking the snaps.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing what Tanner does. He has had plenty of time and experience to get him ready to start for Nebraska. Not many QB's get another shot to prove themselves after two unimpressive seasons. Especially at another program. I hope he takes advantage of a golden opportunity. I will be watching him on week 1.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Everyone agrees they had bad coaching. None of them did anything as our QB and clearly didn't show any special skills while playing here.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

winwave wrote:Everyone agrees they had bad coaching. None of them did anything as our QB and clearly didn't show any special skills while playing here.
This. Plus, he's done so many bad games that it's unlikely that he will be drafted high (rounds 1-3) even if he has a season for the ages. He has way too much bad tape.
Show Me
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
winwave wrote:Everyone agrees they had bad coaching. None of them did anything as our QB and clearly didn't show any special skills while playing here.
This. Plus, he's done so many bad games that it's unlikely that he will be drafted high (rounds 1-3) even if he has a season for the ages. He has way too much bad tape.
The bad tape is old news. And it will show a horrible OL similar to what Archie Manning had playing with the Saints. Lee is already ranked #30 out of 117 QB's so obviously that doesn't matter. He'll be drafted on potential. I'll predict now that he moves up in rank once the season unfolds.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=QB
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Zombie I think you misread my post. I was referring to Montana , Powell and Jordy.