Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Eaglewave
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:smh....PAGE 64.
Oh this one will go on for years, and rightfully so. There are a handful of posters who have gone off the deep end on this one.
You have gone off the deep end by ignoring Tanner's awful play for us. I did see tools that could be polished, but that doesn't take away his poor results and INT' as the starter.

Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tanner definitely the all time QB leader in Tulane history in page count (65) and replies (1600) and counting.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
DfromCT wrote:I'd love to post a poll asking how many of us think Tanner will take meaningful ("starters") snaps at Nebraska. I didn't want to wast a whole thread to do so. Frankly, I wish Tanner the best. But other than a live arm, he showed NOTHING at Tulane to indicate he'll ever play on Sundays. Live arms are a dime a dozen. Decision making and plain old being a "footballer" are what get QB's to the NFL. Maybe with good coaching that happens. But from his past performances, I'm betting he gets no more than mop-up duty at Nebraska. And there's no way he's getting a 6th year; he played too much in the year he'd be trying to claim as a medical redshirt.

GOOD LUCK, TANNER. Hope you receive educational support for a life away from football, and find something you love to do after college.
This is pretty similar to your evaluation of the OL. The end product stunk so it must be the talent.

Every player on offense, and especially the QB, has been set up to fail by CJ's horrendous coaching and scheme. Every QB that played during the CJ era looked utterly inept. Find the common denominator.

You had to look past the result of the plays, but Tanner Lee showed plenty to suggest he'll get a shot at Sundays. His arm talent was not "dime a dozen" and he has other strengths too. Knowing nothing about the other QBs at Nebraska, I assume Tanner Lee will play at Nebraska and would think it's a good bet that he will, at minimum, be in an NFL training camp. Feel free to bookmark this.
You really have come down on your predictions in this thread. Started with "Tanner Brady" to "he will, at a minimum, be in an NFL training camp." I've said that several times that he will have a career similar to Ryan Griffin and gotten reamed by the Tanner Lee Bullies and now you are acting like him getting a training camp shot validates your opinions of him.

I didn't realize this thread had risen from the dead again until tonight but earlier today I happened to talk to a Jesuit senior to be and he said Tanner had no athletic ability. I told him there were some Tanner Kool Aid drinkers who predicted he was Tim Brady or at least a 1st round pick and still have yet to admit they are wrong.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I'm offering a referendum to close and lock this 65 page monolith.

Tannexit anyone? Can I get a second?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Second! can we add an amendment that we also delete any future posts that mention TL in other threads?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:I'm offering a referendum to close and lock this 65 page monolith.

Article 50 this thread and no second referendum! 8-)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:I'm offering a referendum to close and lock this 65 page monolith.

If there were no current post...this thread would "die" on it's own
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Eaglewave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:smh....PAGE 64.
Oh this one will go on for years, and rightfully so. There are a handful of posters who have gone off the deep end on this one.
You have gone off the deep end by ignoring Tanner's awful play for us. I did see tools that could be polished, but that doesn't take away his poor results and INT' as the starter.
Except I never did that.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
DfromCT wrote:I'd love to post a poll asking how many of us think Tanner will take meaningful ("starters") snaps at Nebraska. I didn't want to wast a whole thread to do so. Frankly, I wish Tanner the best. But other than a live arm, he showed NOTHING at Tulane to indicate he'll ever play on Sundays. Live arms are a dime a dozen. Decision making and plain old being a "footballer" are what get QB's to the NFL. Maybe with good coaching that happens. But from his past performances, I'm betting he gets no more than mop-up duty at Nebraska. And there's no way he's getting a 6th year; he played too much in the year he'd be trying to claim as a medical redshirt.

GOOD LUCK, TANNER. Hope you receive educational support for a life away from football, and find something you love to do after college.
This is pretty similar to your evaluation of the OL. The end product stunk so it must be the talent.

Every player on offense, and especially the QB, has been set up to fail by CJ's horrendous coaching and scheme. Every QB that played during the CJ era looked utterly inept. Find the common denominator.

You had to look past the result of the plays, but Tanner Lee showed plenty to suggest he'll get a shot at Sundays. His arm talent was not "dime a dozen" and he has other strengths too. Knowing nothing about the other QBs at Nebraska, I assume Tanner Lee will play at Nebraska and would think it's a good bet that he will, at minimum, be in an NFL training camp. Feel free to bookmark this.
You really have come down on your predictions in this thread. Started with "Tanner Brady" to "he will, at a minimum, be in an NFL training camp." I've said that several times that he will have a career similar to Ryan Griffin and gotten reamed by the Tanner Lee Bullies and now you are acting like him getting a training camp shot validates your opinions of him.

I didn't realize this thread had risen from the dead again until tonight but earlier today I happened to talk to a Jesuit senior to be and he said Tanner had no athletic ability. I told him there were some Tanner Kool Aid drinkers who predicted he was Tim Brady or at least a 1st round pick and still have yet to admit they are wrong.
The Tom Brady comparisons, I believe, came from Mike Neu or someone on CJ's coaching staff and were discussed here.

Even assuming there were posters guaranteeing a hall of fame career (and there weren't), you can't "admit you were wrong" when we are talking about the long term potential of a college junior. All you can say is "so far", and as many have noted, "so far" is colored by playing in a offense that made numerous QBs look very bad. But why is there such venom at the suggestion?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:

If there were no current post...this thread would "die" on it's own
The cognitive dissonance around this topic continues to be nuts.

We currently have multiple page topics on Art Briles, a former Tulane baseball coach and a former assistant baseball coach.

Tanner Lee is currently in the top 10 in Tulane career passing yards, so he's plenty relevant to Tulane athletics and we have actual conspiracy theories about why Nebraska (and LSU) would offer him because he's really just a JUCO-level QB INT machine and they couldn't possibly think he's talented. So of course it continues.

The longer Tanner Lee remains relevant in football, the longer this thread will continue. At this point, that's at least two more years. This thread is likely to go on for years, and rightfully so.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

...after reading the article, CJ did not have clue one...now let this damn thread die, a very fast death...or you will be sentenced to sleeping with your Jesuit letter sweater every night !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
...after reading the article, CJ did not have clue one...now let this damn thread die, a very fast death...or you will be sentenced to sleeping with your Jesuit letter sweater every night !!!!
:lol: :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Well I figured there'd be a long hiatus before this topic returned, but I guess not.

Apparently it took all of one week of scout team work for Tanner Lee to be on the fast track to start over 2 4-star recruits next season. Where my Devin Powell truthers at? Does he get the starting nod at Nichols State?

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/transf ... re-starter
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:Well I figured there'd be a long hiatus before this topic returned, but I guess not.

Apparently it took all of one week of scout team work for Tanner Lee to be on the fast track to start over 2 4-star recruits next season. Where my Devin Powell truthers at? Does he get the starting nod at Nichols State?

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/transf ... re-starter
There would have been a real long hiatus had you not posted in the thread. Great, Tanner looks good running a scout team. He can throw the football with the best of them, that's never been argued. Let's bury this thread until at a minimum Nebraska spring practice 2017. He's not here. Who the F cares what he does playing camp?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

Per his Twitter, the NCAA has granted him another year of eligibility. Imcantnfigure how this works.

Year 1: redshirt
Year 2: starter at Tulane
Year 3: starter at Tulane
Year 4: has to sit as a transfer at Nebraska
Year 5: will he start at Nebaska?
Year 6: final year of eligibility
HoustonWave
Tsunami

What a saga. The bottom line is CJ and his staff were a joke, the man that hired him was a joke, and the president of the university that hired them both was both a joke and an egotistical crook. And TL, because of all that, or his own shortcomings, was a Pick 6 machine. They are all gone, and let's put it all in a lead coffin and drop it in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote:There would have been a real long hiatus had you not posted in the thread. Great, Tanner looks good running a scout team. He can throw the football with the best of them, that's never been argued. Let's bury this thread until at a minimum Nebraska spring practice 2017. He's not here. Who the F cares what he does playing camp?
What JJ doesn't understand is that Nebraska's prior coach utilized Dual Threat QBs, so most of the QBs on the roster fit that mold, but, the current Nebraska coach utilizes a Pro Style formation instead of a spread one, so he needs Pro Style QBs. Unfortunately for the current coach, he will not have any Pro Style QBs with experience next year aside from Tanner, so, it makes sense that Tanner would start. I also would imagine that some of though some of the Dual Threat QBs would be interested in transferring, so Fritz needs to get on that.

Was Tanner a good QB for Tulane? No.
It is good that he is gone? Yes.
Should we continue to talk about this player? No.
greenphantom
Swell

I'm glad for Tanner but that is a joke that the NCAA is giving him a 6th year. Would never do that for a G5 school. Never.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You'd have to think that the 5 concussions qualified him for a medical redshirt year this year and he was granted a 6th year based on that. It's the only thing I can figure.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote:You'd have to think that the 5 concussions qualified him for a medical redshirt year this year and he was granted a 6th year based on that. It's the only thing I can figure.
THREAD HIJACK:
When a QB goes down with a concussion I have to laugh, as a concussion for a QB/WR is just another play for a defensive tackle. The new "intent" rules where players are kicked out of games for a good hit are nothing more than a PR campaign to make it look like something is being done to reduce head trauma. A head full of swiss cheese and a chin covered in drool, now that's a bright future for the fellows up front.
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote:You'd have to think that the 5 concussions qualified him for a medical redshirt year this year and he was granted a 6th year based on that. It's the only thing I can figure.
If that is the rationale, then he should not be able to practice this year. The NCAA is letting him transfer with no penalty. I just don't see the NCAA doing that if the role was reversed and we were getting a transfer in from a P5 with a similar circumstance.
Eaglewave
Swell

Yup. That's it. Get ready to see more of this in the future with this concussion focused era.
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:
If that is the rationale, then he should not be able to practice this year. The NCAA is letting him transfer with no penalty. I just don't see the NCAA doing that if the role was reversed and we were getting a transfer in from a P5 with a similar circumstance.
I'm shocked, and cannot ever remember a player that played in 9 games one year and 8 games another get a medical redshirt for one of those two years. There's definitely a double standard taking place here. Remember what they did to us with Jon English?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DrBox
Riptide

It's not a medical redshirt. He used the "run-off" clause that allows players to retain their sit-out year of eligibility if they were run off by coach. The change in offense was ruled to be a "run off" situation.