Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Dave breslin
Swell

Did anyone watch Tanner vs the Saints in the pre-season game? Some things don’t change. NO ONE can win with a pathetic O line.

greenphantom
Swell

He stunk. Admins, please merge this with other thread so we can keep the push going toward 100 pages.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 pm Did anyone watch Tanner vs the Saints in the pre-season game? Some things don’t change. NO ONE can win with a pathetic O line.
I don't know that the O line was anywhere near as bad as Tanner was. Held the ball too long on a few plays and the ball came out just about every time he was tackled. Yes, some of those were not fumbles, but if he weren't drafted, that might have been his last plays as a Jag. As a draft pick, he'll stick probably through camp. They won't want to play Bortles or Keenum much at all in that last pre-season game.

Everyone has a first game. Tanner's was miserable. At least he left room for improvement!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

Tanner was playing with the 3rd team backup lineman. He looked ok when he had time. However its hard to take away anything good tonight. He needs to work on feeling the pressure better. He doesn’t step up instead stays back and gets sacked too much. His throws were high. He will look better if he plays with the starters in the next game or two.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 pm Tanner was playing with the 3rd team backup lineman. He looked ok when he had time. However its hard to take away anything good tonight. He needs to work on feeling the pressure better. He doesn’t step up instead stays back and gets sacked too much. His throws were high. He will look better if he plays with the starters in the next game or two.
True. But he played against the Saints 3rd string as well. He has a ways to go if he’s going to stay around.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

He has a way to go to make the practice squad. There's no way, barring injury, he's making the team. Kessler is much better than him as Bortles' backup. I'd be totally shocked if he gets pre-season game time with the first unit.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Show Me wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 pm Tanner was playing with the 3rd team backup lineman. He looked ok when he had time. However its hard to take away anything good tonight. He needs to work on feeling the pressure better. He doesn’t step up instead stays back and gets sacked too much. His throws were high. He will look better if he plays with the starters in the next game or two.
Aren't these the exact same negatives regarding Tanner that we discussed for the past 5 years? Some things really don't ever change.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

He stinks, end of story. The kid has no business being on an NFL field.
Show Me
Tsunami

Former Wave coach Curtis Johnson praises Tanner.
https://crescentcitysports.com/saints-a ... it-in-nfl/
“Tanner’s just unfortunate; it looks like he’s getting hit so much,” Johnson said. “He left Tulane, we got him hit. He went to Nebraska, they got him hit. Now, all of a sudden, he gets to Jacksonville with the backups.
“Tanner can really throw the ball. He has a good spiral, good placement. I think he’s going to be a good player for them.”
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:36 pm Former Wave coach Curtis Johnson praises Tanner.
https://crescentcitysports.com/saints-a ... it-in-nfl/
“Tanner’s just unfortunate; it looks like he’s getting hit so much,” Johnson said. “He left Tulane, we got him hit. He went to Nebraska, they got him hit. Now, all of a sudden, he gets to Jacksonville with the backups.
“Tanner can really throw the ball. He has a good spiral, good placement. I think he’s going to be a good player for them.”
Yea, right CJ.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Tsunami

Nebraska winless since Tanner left
Now 0-6. :mrgreen:
https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/ ... d3360.html
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:31 am Nebraska winless since Tanner left
Nebraska will be 0- forever without the "county rides"....... Bob DeVaney had to be careful what he wished for,..he said ( to paraphrase ) : "I want to be successful, just not enough to warrant an NCAA investigation", well the NCAA did not investigate, but rumor has it, someone from the State of Oklahoma did, and turned over their findings to the NCAA....that is why Dr Tom left town.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:51 am
Nebraska will be 0- forever without the "county rides"....... Bob DeVaney had to be careful what he wished for,..he said ( to paraphrase ) : "I want to be successful, just not enough to warrant an NCAA investigation", well the NCAA did not investigate, but rumor has it, someone from the State of Oklahoma did, and turned over their findings to the NCAA....that is why Dr Tom left town.....
It is amazing that Nebraska got away with that program for as long as they did.
How many additional "scholarships" do you think were gained each year?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:25 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:51 am
It is amazing that Nebraska got away with that program for as long as they did.
How many additional "scholarships" do you think were gained each year?
Nebraska has 93 counties...even if only one half were used, that is on hell of a walk on program
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:48 am
tpstulane wrote:Jonathan Banks is participating in the camp.
https://manningpassingacademy.com
Hope that's not the same source that said Spoon was the next coming on the mound. :mrgreen:

On a serious note it's good to hear. He'll have better coaching than Tanner got but the offensive line play still needs to improve for Banks to have a chance or any of our QB's for that matter.

Tanner Lee didn't have it. Good coach or bad coach, the kid stunk up the joint. Hopefully, Banks shows improvement. The kid at least has wheels.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 am
Hope that's not the same source that said Spoon was the next coming on the mound. :mrgreen:

On a serious note it's good to hear. He'll have better coaching than Tanner got but the offensive line play still needs to improve for Banks to have a chance or any of our QB's for that matter.

Tanner Lee didn't have it. Good coach or bad coach, the kid stunk up the joint. Hopefully, Banks shows improvement. The kid at least has wheels.
LOL. LIke others you said when he transferred that he better go to an FCS school if he wanted to play. Then he starts at Nebraska. Then he gets drafted and is earning an NFL check.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tanner was active for week 17, so he made $30k that week, bringing his total earnings to $151,600. Not bad for playing a game you love, but well short of the $480k rookie minimum had he made the Jaguars. He has yet to throw a pass (or a pick) in a meaningful NFL game.
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:51 am
Eaglewave wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 am

LOL. LIke others you said when he transferred that he better go to an FCS school if he wanted to play. Then he starts at Nebraska. Then he gets drafted and is earning an NFL check.

You mean he sucked at Nebraska.

You might want to note that I was one of the few that jumped on the bandwagon after his debut vs Tulsa. Like others, I jumped off once I realized that he brought no spunk or fire to our offense and became a pick 6 machine.

Like others, you finally admitted that he didn’t have it once he started to ruin the cornfields of Nebraska. Tanner Lee had the arm, zip, size and the look of a QB, but he wasn’t good enough to put it all together. Let’s just be honest here, he received many opportunities to prove himself because he was a privileged kid. He didn’t take advantage of it. It’s over now, move on like the other Tanner Lee fans who had their hearts broken 10 of 11 FBS game weekends.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The team sucked . The coaching sucked. No matter how you try to spin it he won the starting job at Nebraska and he got drafted into the NFL. He didn't want to leave Tulane. I wish the best for him.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:43 am The team sucked . The coaching sucked. No matter how you try to spin it he won the starting job at Nebraska and he got drafted into the NFL. He didn't want to leave Tulane. I wish the best for him.

Yup, you had a Tanner Lee relapse. There have been many quarterbacks and even running backs who have made things happen behind poor offensive lines. You and the 3 National Tanner Lee lovers act as if this never happens. The kid wasn’t a good quarterback! The kid played like shit here and there! Period! His one year in the sun as the starter at Jesuit doesn’t make him a good quarterback! It’s makes him a kid who played one good year of football. Nothing more.

It’s over Winwave! He’s gone! He was a hype job! Both head coaches who believed in him made bad decisions and were canned! Fritz and his camp wanted no part of Tanner. Hang it up with his career. Do we really need to this turn thread into 50 pages of Tanner Lee trash?
Ball Sumrall!
anEngineer
Riptide

Tanner Lee again!!??
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You brought it up after two years as you can’t get over your Tanner hatred. He didn’t get coaches fired. CJ was never qualified and Riley was at the end of his career. As for QB’s and and offensive lines the Saints have Drew Brees and a good line yet went 7-9 three straight years and 4 out of five years before this recent uptick. But yeah it’s all about the QB only. But you’ll keep on hating.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

JDTulane is back.
WaveProf has been around.
Tanner Lee is resurrected.

Now where's JonathanJoesph??? :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm You brought it up after two years as you can’t get over your Tanner hatred. He didn’t get coaches fired. CJ was never qualified and Riley was at the end of his career. As for QB’s and and offensive lines the Saints have Drew Brees and a good line yet went 7-9 three straight years and 4 out of five years before this recent uptick. But yeah it’s all about the QB only. But you’ll keep on hating.
+1
Tanner’s development was cut short with the departure of Mike Neu. Tanner had all the tools to become a successful QB but had zero coaching once QB coach Neu left. And his line was among the worst in all of college football at that time.
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm You brought it up after two years as you can’t get over your Tanner hatred. He didn’t get coaches fired. CJ was never qualified and Riley was at the end of his career. As for QB’s and and offensive lines the Saints have Drew Brees and a good line yet went 7-9 three straight years and 4 out of five years before this recent uptick. But yeah it’s all about the QB only. But you’ll keep on hating.
Wrong again. Actually, Show Me brought up the fact that folks got excited about Tanner Lee’s showing at the Manning Camp that resulted in a excitement and hype before another losing season.

Ok Winwave, Tanner Lee is a great QB who never had 1 good collegiate season because both Tulane and Nebraska coaches and offensive lines sucked. He tossed pick 6’s and incorrectly read defensive coverages because Mike Nue didn’t have time to correct the few flaws he had. Ok. I finally understand. Hopefully, the NFL begs him to take a spot on their rosters once the form the perfect offensive line and quarterback coach for him.
Ball Sumrall!