Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
lurker123
Swell

Yesterday was all about the Nebraska defense. That's what going to get Riley fired. Lee played fine by any measure against a good team.

What I still don't get is the schadenfreude some posters around here have about Lee and Nebraska.

Wave QB
Swell

lurker123 wrote:Yesterday was all about the Nebraska defense. That's what going to get Riley fired. Lee played fine by any measure against a good team.

What I still don't get is the schadenfreude some posters around here have about Lee and Nebraska.
Nebraska's horrific defense, poor coaching decisions, many of Tanner Lee's picks and poor decisions, bad special teams play and losses is going to get him canned. Ranting and raving about Tanner tossing TD's vs second and third string freshman after games have been decided is laughable. 4-8 is on the menu for Tanner Lee and Nebraska.
Wavetime
Swell

lurker123
Swell

The author brings up Lee as a potential grad transfer one-and-doner if probable new UN coach/system is not a fit and he doesn't go pro.

While waiting for the Fordham tipoff, I'll start the off the wall rumor train here: LSU? Lee looks better than Brennan to me. If that happens and Scott by some long shot signs with Tulane, we could have the best offseason around here in ages. That would be truly combustible for the LSU boards and here!

P.S., I wrote this since it's still six weeks before the premiere of the next season of "X FILES." ;)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Very good. Thx!
And Tom Brady was a 6th Round draft choice that was considered a throwaway pick and gamble. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Very good. Thx!
And Tom Brady was a 6th Round draft choice that was considered a throwaway pick and gamble. :mrgreen:
The difference is Brady was a throwaway pick. Lee just throws a lot of picks :)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Very good. Thx!
:lol: :lol: good one!
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Very good. Thx!
To be fair, he has been playing much better 2nd half of the year. I think he could use an extra year but I can see why he would want to come out early since would be his 6th year in college.
lurker123
Swell

greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Very good. Thx!
To be fair, he has been playing much better 2nd half of the year. I think he could use an extra year but I can see why he would want to come out early since would be his 6th year in college.
Even NFL backup QBs make seven figures and by definition football players have a limited shelf life. I bet he goes pro regardless. He's a Business Management major. His alternative is a nice $50k starting job in Omaha. He's going pro.
Show Me
Tsunami

Interesting decision coming up for Lee. He’ll get drafted and playing on Sunday’s still in the cards IMO. He’s showed potential for greatness and the NFL can see it. He should get an agent after next week.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:Interesting decision coming up for Lee. He’ll get drafted and playing on Sunday’s still in the cards IMO. He’s showed potential for greatness and the NFL can see it. He should get an agent after next week.
Ya mean good ole Colin Kaepernick can't get a job, but Tanner "INT" Lee can ?!?!?...STOP THE MADNESS ...I have to quote an Ole School Coach about "Potential'... "Potential, is a word used about someone who has not done one damn thing'...Bear Bryant
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
lurker123
Swell

both Riley and Lee may be gone.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/mike- ... iowa-score

BTW Riley is a few months older than Les Miles.
Wave755
Tsunami

Iowa routes Nebraska 56 to 14 @ Lincoln. Tanner throws 3 picks. Cornhuskers finish season 4-8. Sadly, for his development as a QB Tanner seems right where he left us after the 2015 season.

I am happy the future of our program is for an ever improving Jonathan Banks and hopefully soon as well a signed Lindsay Scott.
lurker123
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:Interesting decision coming up for Lee. He’ll get drafted and playing on Sunday’s still in the cards IMO. He’s showed potential for greatness and the NFL can see it. He should get an agent after next week.
Ya mean good ole Colin Kaepernick can't get a job, but Tanner "INT" Lee can ?!?!?...STOP THE MADNESS ...I have to quote an Ole School Coach about "Potential'... "Potential, is a word used about someone who has not done one damn thing'...Bear Bryant
Have a source for the quote? It doesn't sound like Bryant. Just curious. I couldn't find it or anything close.

Here is a sourced quote by Bryant that does seem on point here:

“Don’t ever give up on ability. Don’t give up on a player who has it.”

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2012/ ... 50-quotes/

BTW a good plurality of the sourced Bryant quotes linked above involve refusing to quit regardless of current adversity.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
Very good. Thx!
Tom Brady would never have been drafted by the Patriots had Giovanni Carmazzi, out of Hofstra (which dropped FCS football entirely since) wasn't scooped up by the 49ers two picks ahead of the Patriots in the 3rd round. To hear Bellichek tell the story is hysterical..

As far as Tanner Lee goes, there's no guarantee he'll be drafted. I wish him all the best, but have argued all along with the folks that kept insisting he was a first round draft pick this year or next. He's been an average college qb, at best, (and that might be a stretch) blessed with an above average arm. But he's not the next coming of Tom Brady. I would not be surprised if his career ends before he takes a meaningful regular season snap on Sunday. Then again, maybe he goes to the Pats....
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Very good. Thx!
Tom Brady would never have been drafted by the Patriots had Giovanni Carmazzi, out of Hofstra (which dropped FCS football entirely since) wasn't scooped up by the 49ers two picks ahead of the Patriots in the 3rd round. To hear Bellichek tell the story is hysterical..

As far as Tanner Lee goes, there's no guarantee he'll be drafted. I wish him all the best, but have argued all along with the folks that kept insisting he was a first round draft pick this year or next. He's been an average college qb, at best, (and that might be a stretch) blessed with an above average arm. But he's not the next coming of Tom Brady. I would not be surprised if his career ends before he takes a meaningful regular season snap on Sunday. Then again, maybe he goes to the Pats....
I will eat crow if Tanner Lee gets drafted. I don't see it happening at all. At max he's a practice squad qb that gets picked up as a UDFA.
swampnik
Surge

Sad way to exit the season for Tanner and Huskers. What a terrible meltdown in 2nd half after playing like winners in 1st.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Trusting in tanner lee will get you fired as a head coach...
Wave QB
Swell

Wave QB wrote:
lurker123 wrote:Yesterday was all about the Nebraska defense. That's what going to get Riley fired. Lee played fine by any measure against a good team.

Nebraska's horrific defense, poor coaching decisions, many of Tanner Lee's picks and poor decisions, bad special teams play and losses is going to get him canned. Ranting and raving about Tanner tossing TD's vs second and third string freshman after games have been decided is laughable. 4-8 is on the menu for Tanner Lee and Nebraska.
Bump
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
MicMan wrote:
Sweet Jesus that was an incredible waste of pixels.

god....Nebraska plays 7 homes games their only true road match up are at Oregon and Penn State...they do not play Michigan or Michigan State, they get OSU and Wisconsin at home...if they do not win 9 games ole Tanner and Riley need to be run out of Lincoln...but I have a feeling Arkansas State just might pull an upset of Sept 2nd....
Nebraska is likely to lose @Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and @Penn State games along with the possibility of losing to a Northwestern and/or @Minnesota. ESPN FPI pegs Nebraska as a borderline bowl eligible team, which doesn't seem unreasonable given how FPI works (i.e. doesn't predict performance of transfers that well), however, that being said, it would be shocking if they won less than 7 and shocking if they won more than 9 in the regular season.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/te ... &year=2017
This didn't age well.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
MicMan wrote:

god....Nebraska plays 7 homes games their only true road match up are at Oregon and Penn State...they do not play Michigan or Michigan State, they get OSU and Wisconsin at home...if they do not win 9 games ole Tanner and Riley need to be run out of Lincoln...but I have a feeling Arkansas State just might pull an upset of Sept 2nd....
Nebraska is likely to lose @Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and @Penn State games along with the possibility of losing to a Northwestern and/or @Minnesota. ESPN FPI pegs Nebraska as a borderline bowl eligible team, which doesn't seem unreasonable given how FPI works (i.e. doesn't predict performance of transfers that well), however, that being said, it would be shocking if they won less than 7 and shocking if they won more than 9 in the regular season.

This didn't age well.
I 100% agree. Nebraska and Lee underperformed, hence why Riley is no longer the coach and why Lee would be taking a risk if he stays at Nebraska for another year since there is no guarantee that he would remain the starting QB.
OUG
Riptide

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
MicMan wrote:

This didn't age well.
I 100% agree. Nebraska and Lee underperformed, hence why Riley is no longer the coach and why Lee would be taking a risk if he stays at Nebraska for another year since there is no guarantee that he would remain the starting QB.
If he can’t tough it out and go out and WIN the QB Job at Nebraska, what future does he have in the NFL anyway?
Eaglewave
Swell

Wow. We are still talking about this kid. Tanner Lee has a beautiful practice arm, but he just doesn't have the "it" factor. I wish him well, but he better use his degree to his advantage. Tanner will get trashed and smashed in the NFL. He has looked pretty bad in a few games this year.

Tanner has thrown 46 TD's and 37 INT's in his career. I wonder how many of those are pick 6's. Sorry Team Tanner, but those stats don't scream "good" quarterback. Banks is a better QB by far.
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tanner led the Huskers to 8 L's...the most since the 1950's...Congrats
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tanner may have just hit the lottery. Announcement coming soon.
Tulane Class of 1981