Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
lurker123
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:He honestly probably would not make the top ~15-20 QB prospects for the 2018 NFL draft.
I'll take that bet. How much? Loser donates to Green Wave Club.

Wave QB
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:
greenie78 wrote: He's also gonna cost another coach his job.
He's not the reason CJ is gone and he won't be the reason Riley will be gone.
CJ is the reason CJ is gone because he allowed Tanner to be his starter, and never fired any coach who wasn't getting the job done. He knows it.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

lurker123 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:He honestly probably would not make the top ~15-20 QB prospects for the 2018 NFL draft.
I don't bet on such things, or, otherwise, I would. The list of QB prospects include the QBs from Louisville, Northwestern, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, UCLA, USC, Wyoming, Washington State, Auburn, Marshall, Memphis, Texas Tech, Duke, MS State, West Virginia, Washington, NC State, FIU, FSU, WKU, TCU, USF, Houston, Indiana, BYU, Boise State, Baylor, Ohio State, and players on FCS teams. It's true that a few of those QBs will not enter the 2018 draft, but enough of them will enter to make a difference, at least in regard to Lee.

Remember, my comment was that he was not a top 15-20 prospect - not that all of the QBs in front of him would get drafted. He could end up getting signed as a FA, though.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
I don't bet on such things, or, otherwise, I would. The list of QB prospects include the QBs from Louisville, Northwestern, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, UCLA, USC, Wyoming, Washington State, Auburn, Marshall, Memphis, Texas Tech, Duke, MS State, West Virginia, Washington, NC State, FIU, FSU, WKU, TCU, USF, Houston, Indiana, BYU, Boise State, Baylor, Ohio State, and players on FCS teams. It's true that a few of those QBs will not enter the 2018 draft, but enough of them will enter to make a difference, at least in regard to Lee.

Remember, my comment was that he was not a top 15-20 prospect - not that all of the QBs in front of him would get drafted. He could end up getting signed as a FA, though.
He's not going to be in the 2018 draft. He's got a 6th year. This is his fifth year, though he's playing like a talented Sophomore.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

It's true that he could come back, but he would risk not being the starter and becoming completely irrelevant.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

He's not going to be in the 2018 draft. He's got a 6th year. This is his fifth year, though he's playing like a talented Sophomore.
I've seen Talented Soph's... he ain't one.. I guess all of that expensive PEE coaching ain't all it's cracked or mepth out to be
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JerseyWave
Riptide

He will get drafted. He will probably do well in his pre draft workouts. He looks the part. He is the prototypical size for NFL QB and he can make the throws. He will look good in shorts and a t shirt throwing the ball around in a scripted workout with no pass rush.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:He will get drafted. He will probably do well in his pre draft workouts. He looks the part. He is the prototypical size for NFL QB and he can make the throws. He will look good in shorts and a t shirt throwing the ball around in a scripted workout with no pass rush.
On point. The one thing Tanner needs a lot of work on is the ability to sense the rush. He’s extremely weak in that area. Most of his picks are from him not “feeling” the rush and getting blindsided while throwing. When he has time he usually makes it look easy. When he doesn’t he tends to make a bad play.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Tanner will probably seek a "I've never been properly coached" Waiver, and get another year at Nebraska ;)
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:He will get drafted. He will probably do well in his pre draft workouts. He looks the part. He is the prototypical size for NFL QB and he can make the throws. He will look good in shorts and a t shirt throwing the ball around in a scripted workout with no pass rush.
On point. The one thing Tanner needs a lot of work on is the ability to sense the rush. He’s extremely weak in that area. Most of his picks are from him not “feeling” the rush and getting blindsided while throwing. When he has time he usually makes it look easy. When he doesn’t he tends to make a bad play.
well color me crazy and misinformed...all these years I thought an interception was caused by throwing to a player in the wrong colored jersey ..now all Ole Tanner needs to do is get in touch with his feelings, better have Dr Phil on speed dial...and then have lunch with Bullock and McGraw and get a blindside view...and all will be solved
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
lurker123
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

I understand. Just checking your temperature. We're obviously on different sides of the fence as to where Lee is ranked. I think he will be drafted and I don't think 15 qbs are going ahead of him. I'm not going anywhere if and when you change your mind, let me know.
puffy
Surge

I think Tanner will be given an opportunity to at least make a preseason NFL roster and maybe a practice squad. The league is always qb needy, and there are enough people in the media who believe he's got the tools to be given a look. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those teams is New Orleans.
RobertM320
Green Wave

puffy wrote:I think Tanner will be given an opportunity to at least make a preseason NFL roster and maybe a practice squad. The league is always qb needy, and there are enough people in the media who believe he's got the tools to be given a look. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those teams is New Orleans.
No way. Tanner's not cool enough under pressure to play for Sean Payton.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
puffy
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:
puffy wrote:I think Tanner will be given an opportunity to at least make a preseason NFL roster and maybe a practice squad. The league is always qb needy, and there are enough people in the media who believe he's got the tools to be given a look. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those teams is New Orleans.
Mo way. Tanner's not cool enough under pressure to play for Sean Payton.
You forget that CJ is currently on the Saints staff, and there's a good chance that he goes to bat for him. They took a chance on Ryan Griffin (albeit, a much better qb than Lee, but doesn't have the arm that TL does).
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

puffy wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Mo way. Tanner's not cool enough under pressure to play for Sean Payton.
You forget that CJ is currently on the Saints staff, and there's a good chance that he goes to bat for him. They took a chance on Ryan Griffin (albeit, a much better qb than Lee, but doesn't have the arm that TL does).
If memory serves me: It was none other than Sean Payton, whom I believe lived down the street from Tanner, that brought Lee to CJ's attention when he was not even his HS teams' starting QB.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
swampnik
Surge

Tanner became ill at halftime and did not return. His replacement O'Brian will surely not push Tanner for the starting job next season. Lee put up 14 points on the board before the half but the"Gophers" had a coming out party with big 54-21 win.
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/tanne ... per-report
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Eaglewave
Swell

swampnik wrote:Tanner became ill at halftime and did not return. His replacement O'Brian will surely not push Tanner for the starting job next season. Lee put up 14 points on the board before the half but the"Gophers" had a coming out party with big 54-21 win.
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/tanne ... per-report
Swampnik, you might not want to dismiss O'Brian (who was highly recruited out of high school unlike Tanner) from winning the job next year. Nebraska might have a new coach and a new system. O'Brian moves around better than Tanner, and is better under pressure. You post is misleading as well. Tanner tossed 1 TD. He was 13-18 for 176 yards, while O'Brian was 12-18 for 137 yards. You just never know.
Ball Sumrall!
swampnik
Surge

Yes, true that Tanner only passed for one TD and O'Brian played pretty well considering he was throw to the wolves unexpectedly. He was a 4-star recruit also and has better wheels than Lee but OC is still high on Tanner being da Man: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/f ... 70e69.html
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote:Yes, true that Tanner only passed for one TD and O'Brian played pretty well considering he was throw to the wolves unexpectedly. He was a 4-star recruit also and has better wheels than Lee but OC is still high on Tanner being da Man: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/f ... 70e69.html
considering that Staff may be long gone in a few weeks, take the praise and support while U can
lurker123
Swell

If yesterday's game was representative of its season, UN's problems are really about its defense. Lee may not be all Galaxy or even all Omaha but he had nothing to do with UM offense looking like the Saints and DB playing the Huskers.
puffy
Surge

http://draftanalyst.com/tuesday-draft-notes-100

Not sure if the credibility of this site, but the writer suggests that TL will declare for the draft after the season is over. With Nebraska failing to get bowl eligible, and Riley about to be replaced by Frost, I'm not surprised if this indeed becomes the case.
swampnik
Surge

LEE carries Nebraska to 34-14 (2nd half) victory but lose the 60 minute battle 56-44 to mighty Penn State!
Nebraska's Tanner Lee returned from "concussion protocol" to complete 26 of 41 passes for 399 yards and three touchdowns.

Morgan Stanley Jr. caught seven passes for 185 yards and a touchdown for Nebraska (4-7, 3-5). De'Mornay Pierson-El and Jack Stoll added touchdown catches for the Cornhuskers, who outscored Penn State 34-14 in the second half after trailing 42-10 at halftime.

"We just got off to a horrible start in the game and Penn State was real good," Nebraska coach Mike Riley said. "(Barkley) made a big run early that set us off in a bad way. It got out of hand like that right off the bat."
Nebraska managed just seven yards of offense the rest of the half and went 3-and-out six times, with five in a row to end the half.

But Lee had plenty left and led five touchdown drives on the Cornhuskers' final seven possessions.

Short strike by Lee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0X4pkgkdWw
Tanner was 26 of 41 for 399 yards and 3 TD's and O INT.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Aberzombie1892
Swell

puffy wrote:http://draftanalyst.com/tuesday-draft-notes-100

Not sure if the credibility of this site, but the writer suggests that TL will declare for the draft after the season is over. With Nebraska failing to get bowl eligible, and Riley about to be replaced by Frost, I'm not surprised if this indeed becomes the case.
Lee would be smart to do so, as there is no guarantee that the new staff will want him, and a great example of that is the Polini - Riley transition. Polini wanted a dual threat at QB and Riley wanted Pro Style, and, as a result, Riley picked up Lee as a placeholder until he had the QB he wanted. Given that Riley appears to be functionally done at Nebraska, Lee would be risking not being the starter at his last season at Nebraska if he stayed since the next staff may want a dual threat.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote:LEE carries Nebraska to 34-14 (2nd half) victory but lose the 60 minute battle 56-44 to mighty Penn State!
Nebraska's Tanner Lee returned from "concussion protocol" to complete 26 of 41 passes for 399 yards and three touchdowns.

Morgan Stanley Jr. caught seven passes for 185 yards and a touchdown for Nebraska (4-7, 3-5). De'Mornay Pierson-El and Jack Stoll added touchdown catches for the Cornhuskers, who outscored Penn State 34-14 in the second half after trailing 42-10 at halftime.

"We just got off to a horrible start in the game and Penn State was real good," Nebraska coach Mike Riley said. "(Barkley) made a big run early that set us off in a bad way. It got out of hand like that right off the bat."
Nebraska managed just seven yards of offense the rest of the half and went 3-and-out six times, with five in a row to end the half.

But Lee had plenty left and led five touchdown drives on the Cornhuskers' final seven possessions.

Short strike by Lee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0X4pkgkdWw
Tanner was 26 of 41 for 399 yards and 3 TD's and O INT.
Wow. One long pass went down to the 1. Could of had 4 TD’s.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave QB
Swell

I watched the game Swampnik, please don't get excited. Lol. Penn State's backup QB tossed a TD that made it 56-24 in the 4th quarter before Tanner Lee racked up on stats vs kids who were in middle school and high school freshman when he made his Tulane debut vs Tulsa. Tanner tossed 3 TD's with about 6 minutes left in a game that was long over. No super Tanner stories today. Then again, at least he didn't toss any picks. You hear that TPS? No picks from Tanner today! Yeah!

Hopefully, he can finally have that dream game this week vs Iowa that some people so desperately crave to end his losing campaign.