Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Wave QB
Swell

Show Me wrote:Lee played his best game yesterday against the best team he’s ever faced. Maybe he’s finally getting it.

Show me! Love your post dude, but did you watch that brutal beating yesterday? Tanner couldn't do anything with the ball until his 8th possession of the game down 42-0 in the 3rd. He didn't turnover to the ball, but he was in a cage while the big boys were on the field.

greenie78
Riptide

He still sucks. He's a 3 year starter with a redshirt year basically and still hasn't improved from his Tulane days. He did nothing in the first half and basically put up garbage stats against 2nd and 3rd stringers. He's also gonna cost another coach his job.
ajcalhoun
Swell

greenie78 wrote: He's also gonna cost another coach his job.
He's not the reason CJ is gone and he won't be the reason Riley will be gone.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Could be describing Tulane from the 40's. Some interesting points to be made here. Not playing familiar opponents, years since they were relevant, but a rich history. Then add in, its not a good recruiting area.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
Could be describing Tulane from the 40's. Some interesting points to be made here. Not playing familiar opponents, years since they were relevant, but a rich history. Then add in, its not a good recruiting area.
Back in the day, Nebraska was always lauded on TV by their "walk on" program and how they had 175 /200 players on the roster...Finally several Big 8 / Big 12 schools looked into their "walk on" program...seems that every one of the 93 counties in Nebraska has one "scholarship" to give to a "deserving student"...the "deserving student", need not be a "scholar"....so each year, it just so happens, the deserving student seemed to have played Football.. high school football in Nebraska is not all that good, they do produce some BIG KIDS, so these counties would send BIG KIDS to the University and Dr Tom could use the other "rides" to go to Chicago and other places to get skill position players...the NCAA stepped in on behave of the other schools and mandated that these "walk on's" needed to be counted against the total yearly "grant in aides", if in fact they were on the football team..since then Nebraska has been, for the most part a non factor...that is why I see "TOPS" being investigated by the NCAA in the near future
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
swampnik
Surge

Tanner with his "coming out party" against Purdue: over 400 passing, no INT , sealing the win on last drive with perfectly thrown pass!
http://www.espn.com/college-football/vi ... =400935395
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote:Tanner with his "coming out party" against Purdue: over 400 passing, no INT , sealing the win on last drive with perfectly thrown pass!
http://www.espn.com/college-football/vi ... =400935395
Wow what a throw! He’s definitely raising his stock. Thing of beauty! Thanks for posting!
Here’s his other TD plus all highlights. Yesterday’s performance by Tanner was the 4th all-time highest in Nebraska history.
phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

...and the boners rage on. Pathetic.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote:...and the boners rage on..
Yes. How about that “Meet Russian Ladies” Ad! :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

I look at that TD strike to beat Purdue, and I wonder how different things might have been if he could've made a similar throw against Tulsa in 2014.
swampnik
Surge

Tanner talks shop after Purdue win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXHeu2qA0w4
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

puffy wrote:I look at that TD strike to beat Purdue, and I wonder how different things might have been if he could've made a similar throw against Tulsa in 2014.
I look at your post and remember how TERRIBLE the play calling was at the end of the half and the end of the game against Tulsa. Run the ball in that situation and make Tulsa burn timeouts. Center the ball in the middle of the field for the clinching chip shot FG. (I called CJ on his radio show and asked him about that and he claimed he didn't know that the hash marks were much wider in college than the NFL and that it's a much tougher kick from the hash marks in close. That was his SECOND season for crying out loud!) The end of the first half we messed up badly as well. That was one of Tanners best games, and CJ let it slip away.

I was thinking about this earlier: For those of you that still think he's a high draft pick, does he really throw the ball any better than Ramsey, King or Losman? Competition aside, he throws a nice ball, and the bomb he threw earlier in the Purdue game was, IMHO his prettiest throw of the game. But all he brings is that arm. And I think it's good, but no better than the three I mentioned above, all of whom had pedestrian NFL careers.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

Tanner throws 3 picks in Nebraska's 31 to 28 OT loss to Northwestern. And, for Tanner Lee it is what it is. :D
swampnik
Surge

He did regress against or return to his old form in that Northwestern OT affair, in spite of the fact of throwing some beautiful "thread the needle" type perfect strikes. We"ll see how he plays next week.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Jaxwave
Swell

Continues to play like a kid with talent who has had very little coaching and not enough reps in a good program. Looks like a freshman with really good potential every time out.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote:Continues to play like a kid with talent who has had very little coaching and not enough reps in a good program. Looks like a freshman with really good potential every time out.
But, unfortunately he's a fifth year D1 player. His upside is no longer unlimited.
Wave QB
Swell

Oh boy. Here we go again. Let's stop acting like Tanner is just this true freshman screwing up. He is a 5th year grown man still tossing picks. There is no excuses for his terrible play. This kid just doesn't have it.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Wave QB wrote:Oh boy. Here we go again. Let's stop acting like Tanner is just this true freshman screwing up. He is a 5th year grown man still tossing picks. There is no excuses for his terrible play. This kid just doesn't have it.
Who cares. He's long gone from us. We have more concerns with "us" than we do with "him" or Nebraska.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Show Me
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote:Oh boy. Here we go again. Let's stop acting like Tanner is just this true freshman screwing up. He is a 5th year grown man still tossing picks. There is no excuses for his terrible play. This kid just doesn't have it.
I watched the film. He absolutely got crushed blindsided on one INT but when given time he tossed a long TD. Nebraska defense is just awful.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
Do we have many living fans that can recall Tulane football from the 1940's?

Most college football fans only know about our futility, if they know about Tulane football at all.
sader24
Tsunami

He has a better arm than King. I'd say he is on the Ramsey and Losman level as far as arm strength goes. Of course both of those guys were 1st round picks because of their arm strength and not their decision making and/or accuracy. So I'm not sure what the point of the statement was. His arm strength alone will get him an opportunity in the NFL whether it be late round pick or free agent. There is more than enough hubris in NFL coaches to see his arm and believe they are the ones who can turn him into a competent backup or lower level starter. Just look at some of the guys starting in the NFL this year. Just look at some of the guys the Saints have kept around during Brees' era as backups or projects. If you're telling me he isnt as talented as some of those guys I will laugh. He will throw at least 1 Pick Six in a NFL uniform, mark my words.
lurker123
Swell

sader24 wrote:He has a better arm than King. I'd say he is on the Ramsey and Losman level as far as arm strength goes. Of course both of those guys were 1st round picks because of their arm strength and not their decision making and/or accuracy. So I'm not sure what the point of the statement was. His arm strength alone will get him an opportunity in the NFL whether it be late round pick or free agent. There is more than enough hubris in NFL coaches to see his arm and believe they are the ones who can turn him into a competent backup or lower level starter. Just look at some of the guys starting in the NFL this year. Just look at some of the guys the Saints have kept around during Brees' era as backups or projects. If you're telling me he isnt as talented as some of those guys I will laugh. He will throw at least 1 Pick Six in a NFL uniform, mark my words.
You can't teach size and physique which Lee has. He'll get his chance in the NFL. It's like the old days in college basketball when virtually any true 7 footer would get a shot in the NBA regardless of how bad they were in college. (Craig Spitzer anyone? If it doesn't ring a bell, think Ryan Smith's direct ancestor without the speed and quickness. He only had a cup of coffee with the Bulls but he played in the NBA.)

In another thread TPS explains well why he roots for Andy and Jake to succeed at MSU because they have Tulane roots. I feel the same way about Lee. I have no idea what he will do at the next level but it's 99% certain he will have the opportunity. I hope he succeeds. What I don't get is the cadre here that seems to take glee in his failing. Why not simply follow the able advice and example of TPS about Andy and Jake here?
sader24
Tsunami

There were some of us who anointed him very early on and some who either took offense to that or believed we were wrong. Evaluating him today I would say that he still possesses an arm that is more than good enough to make all the NFL throws and then some. I would also say he has made some horrible decisions with the ball and thrown quite a few terrible passes along the way. I think in fairness to deny he played for what amounted to the worst offensive staff in college football behind an atrocious offensive line that got many a QB hurt is disingenuous as well. I still think he can be a backup/emergency type QB in the NFL for 5-8 years. I have yet to see the intangibles that make me think he will be anything more than that.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

He honestly probably would not make the top ~15-20 QB prospects for the 2018 NFL draft.