Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Dave breslin
Surge

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Did anyone watch Tanner vs the Saints in the pre-season game? Some things don’t change. NO ONE can win with a pathetic O line.

greenphantom
Swell

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:04 pm

He stunk. Admins, please merge this with other thread so we can keep the push going toward 100 pages.
DfromCT
Tsunami

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Dave breslin wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 pm
Did anyone watch Tanner vs the Saints in the pre-season game? Some things don’t change. NO ONE can win with a pathetic O line.
I don't know that the O line was anywhere near as bad as Tanner was. Held the ball too long on a few plays and the ball came out just about every time he was tackled. Yes, some of those were not fumbles, but if he weren't drafted, that might have been his last plays as a Jag. As a draft pick, he'll stick probably through camp. They won't want to play Bortles or Keenum much at all in that last pre-season game.

Everyone has a first game. Tanner's was miserable. At least he left room for improvement!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Show Me
Riptide

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Tanner was playing with the 3rd team backup lineman. He looked ok when he had time. However its hard to take away anything good tonight. He needs to work on feeling the pressure better. He doesn’t step up instead stays back and gets sacked too much. His throws were high. He will look better if he plays with the starters in the next game or two.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 pm

Show Me wrote:
Tanner was playing with the 3rd team backup lineman. He looked ok when he had time. However its hard to take away anything good tonight. He needs to work on feeling the pressure better. He doesn’t step up instead stays back and gets sacked too much. His throws were high. He will look better if he plays with the starters in the next game or two.
True. But he played against the Saints 3rd string as well. He has a ways to go if he’s going to stay around.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Tsunami

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:15 am

He has a way to go to make the practice squad. There's no way, barring injury, he's making the team. Kessler is much better than him as Bortles' backup. I'd be totally shocked if he gets pre-season game time with the first unit.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
RobertM320
Tsunami

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 am

Show Me wrote:
Aren't these the exact same negatives regarding Tanner that we discussed for the past 5 years? Some things really don't ever change.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:36 am

He stinks, end of story. The kid has no business being on an NFL field.
Show Me
Riptide

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Former Wave coach Curtis Johnson praises Tanner.
https://crescentcitysports.com/saints-a ... it-in-nfl/
“Tanner’s just unfortunate; it looks like he’s getting hit so much,” Johnson said. “He left Tulane, we got him hit. He went to Nebraska, they got him hit. Now, all of a sudden, he gets to Jacksonville with the backups.
“Tanner can really throw the ball. He has a good spiral, good placement. I think he’s going to be a good player for them.”
HoustonWave
Swell

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Show Me wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:36 pm
Former Wave coach Curtis Johnson praises Tanner.
https://crescentcitysports.com/saints-a ... it-in-nfl/
“Tanner’s just unfortunate; it looks like he’s getting hit so much,” Johnson said. “He left Tulane, we got him hit. He went to Nebraska, they got him hit. Now, all of a sudden, he gets to Jacksonville with the backups.
“Tanner can really throw the ball. He has a good spiral, good placement. I think he’s going to be a good player for them.”
Yea, right CJ.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Riptide

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:31 am

Nebraska winless since Tanner left
Now 0-6. :mrgreen:
https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/ ... d3360.html
golfnut69
Green Wave

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:51 am

Show Me wrote:
Nebraska will be 0- forever without the "county rides"....... Bob DeVaney had to be careful what he wished for,..he said ( to paraphrase ) : "I want to be successful, just not enough to warrant an NCAA investigation", well the NCAA did not investigate, but rumor has it, someone from the State of Oklahoma did, and turned over their findings to the NCAA....that is why Dr Tom left town.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:25 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Nebraska will be 0- forever without the "county rides"....... Bob DeVaney had to be careful what he wished for,..he said ( to paraphrase ) : "I want to be successful, just not enough to warrant an NCAA investigation", well the NCAA did not investigate, but rumor has it, someone from the State of Oklahoma did, and turned over their findings to the NCAA....that is why Dr Tom left town.....
It is amazing that Nebraska got away with that program for as long as they did.
How many additional "scholarships" do you think were gained each year?
golfnut69
Green Wave

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:23 pm

wave97 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:25 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
It is amazing that Nebraska got away with that program for as long as they did.
How many additional "scholarships" do you think were gained each year?
Nebraska has 93 counties...even if only one half were used, that is on hell of a walk on program
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !