Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:He just hired Jonathan Joseph to be his agent.
Pricless !!!!...TPS...stay out of the agent biz !!!

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenphantom
Swell

One other QB of note that could give some hope to the Tanner faithful - Marc Bulger. Bulger had 13 INTs to 11 TDs his last year at WVU, was picked in 6th round, cut by 2 teams before making the Rams. although he had an up and down career, he was in the league for 10 years, making 2 Pro Bowls and a lot of money.
Wave QB
Swell

There is something called "it" and he doesn't have that factor working for him on game day. Fritz and Frost both knew it and both gave him the ole " we would love for you to stay and compete" speech while still searching for the QB they knew they could win with. I pulled for CJ to win here, but he I knew he threw the program in trash when he named this practice beauty our new starting QB. You don't go from one good season as a high school starting QB to leading a FBS program to wins over other FBS programs overnight. Tanner took over our program and toss INT's until CJ finally got the boot. There is no way he should have started over Montana, (who improved his release and snap on the ball tremendously after working with Phill Simms before winter practice), in our first season in the American Conference. He should have held the clipboard and got a better sense of FBS football for another year. Fritz wasn't having it, so he took the same act to Nebraska and led to Huskers to a 4-8 season. Yes their defense sucked, but so did Tanner. He did have very few games when he stats looked high , but it was mostly because the game had already been decided. Tanner quit on us, and reminded us that he is still the green pick tossing machine who could handle pressure. After 3 games, Nebraska fans were calling for his job along with the coach.

Anyway, Tanner Lee turned out to be the college QB promised y'all he would be. Hope the kid does well, but I doubt he does something in the NFL anytime soon.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Take down this thread!!! Its nauseating.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:Take down this thread!!! Its nauseating.
This one and the Great Scott thread also....MODS look at how much memory or giga-bites you will free up...if that applies, if not, do it for our sanity
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
This one and the Great Scott thread also....MODS look at how much memory or giga-bites you will free up...if that applies, if not, do it for our sanity

Golfnut, my main man, nails it as usual!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
Tanner’s greatest accomplishment is that he now owns the longest individual thread in Gotula history. Perhaps Lindsey Scott can surpass it in time. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

This thread is just getting started. Much more to come - 2018 Draft, Rookie of the Year Award, 5x Pro Bowls, 3 SB Rings, marriage to a supermodel, 2037 HOF Induction, and his acting career landing the lead role in the Die Hard reboot.
greenie78
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:I'm assuming that he's transferring, and that would likely be a better choice than entering the draft.
If Scott Frost lands in Nebraska Tanner should meet with him ASAP and see what his plans and advice would be. If he stays then he’ll be the starter if he leaves then Frost wants a fresh start.
He doesn't fit what Frost does on offense. Frost wants a good QB.
Fixed your post.
Wavetime
Swell

greenphantom wrote:
This thread is just getting started. Much more to come - 2018 Draft, Rookie of the Year Award, 5x Pro Bowls, 3 SB Rings, marriage to a supermodel, 2037 HOF Induction, and his acting career landing the lead role in the Die Hard reboot.

This is just a great post!! Thanks for the laugh. I think everyone on this board would jump for joy if that were only 10% true for the young man!
Wave755
Tsunami

greenphantom wrote:
Or, instead Tanner makes the practice squad with some NFL team and we keep talking about him ad infinitum because you just never know when they might call him up! :lol: :D :P
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
Or, instead Tanner makes the practice squad with some NFL team and we keep talking about him ad infinitum because you just never know when they might call him up! :lol: :D :P
I wonder if you can get a wager in Las Vegas on whom has more snaps in regular season games: Ryan Griffin or Tanner Lee when both of them are finished in the NFL?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

I wonder if you can get a wager in Las Vegas on whom has more snaps in regular season games: Ryan Griffin or Tanner Lee when both of them are finished in the NFL?

How good does it make you feel to belittle and put down people ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
greenphantom
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
The ghost of JJ is rolling over in his grave and muttering about Google Chromecast.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It’s not over yet. Tanner Lee invited to the Senior Bowl. Scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 27 in Mobile, Ala. Road trip lol :mrgreen:

http://sandhillsexpress.com/huskers-new ... nior-bowl/
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

Thanks for the heads-up TPS; i'll be watching.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:It’s not over yet. Tanner Lee invited to the Senior Bowl. Scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 27 in Mobile, Ala. Road trip lol :mrgreen:

http://sandhillsexpress.com/huskers-new ... nior-bowl/
I think the good people of Mobile are hoping for a remote Jesuit Hi School reunion party....Best of Luck Tanner...enjoy and LEARN !!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Here's to the next 20 pages:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... eda4b.html
Really looking forward to that game now! The scouts are pumped up about Tanner! :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:

Really looking forward to that game now! The scouts are pumped up about Tanner! :mrgreen:
Lee is self producing a short short explaining that game time interceptions do not count against morning glory practices; and tps is begging to be his agent again .!

Kill this thread. Now.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Lee is self producing a short short explaining that game time interceptions do not count against morning glory practices; and tps is begging to be his agent again .!

Kill this thread. Now.
I may starve if this continues:
https://twitter.com/jeffduncan_/status/ ... 5009917953
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

Tanner completed 8 out of 19 passes for 86 yards with 1 interception and a fumble today in the Senior Bowl.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:Tanner completed 8 out of 19 passes for 86 yards with 1 interception and a fumble today in the Senior Bowl.
Damn. I forgot to watch. Oh well.
Apparently he had a great day Tuesday. Projected 4th Round in draft in this one:

https://social.newsinc.com/media/json/6 ... d=33470552
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:Tanner completed 8 out of 19 passes for 86 yards with 1 interception and a fumble today in the Senior Bowl.
Fumble was returned for a score actually. Wouldn't be Tanner if he didn't give up a defensive TD in a game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
capwave
High Tide

I am no fan of Curtis Johnson as a head coach, but it sure looks as though Tanner's issues are his issues, and not the coaching staff at Tulane. They have followed him to Nebraska and now to Mobile.